Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

It's "buffoon," you filthy crank. And minimizing what Lebron did in Cleveland is hysterical.

Thanks, spelling bee champ.

And your posts are hysterical.  Danny Tartabull?  LOL.  You're smoking crack while giving a blow job so you can buy more smack.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well since nobody else was willing to do it...

Tyson Chandler is not now, nor has he ever been, a pumped up Drew Gooden. I was wrong.

Looked a lot like Melo's Denver teams always looked in the playoffs. Melo looks good, and his teammates looking like they were confused when they got the chance to shoot. Then when Melo hit a cold spe

Here's one for you: who does Melo need around him to win? Chris Paul? Dwight Howard? Kevin Durant? How many superstars will it take?

just watch...Melo's the kid that stops when the coach isnt looking

• Upvote 1

Actually, it will only take one other star, just like Durant has in Westbrook and LeBron has in 2 others.

What is with this "how many" nonsense? Did you just get dumb all of a sudden. The Big 3 changed everything in the NBA. Or were you asleep then after the Nets blew back-to-back Finals?

How many player combinations has Melo played with in the NBA? 50? 100? All of those players and all of those teams sucked?

I ask how many superstars he needs around him because he clearly can't carry a team through the playoffs as the #1A guy. He needs to be the Other Guy who bears no responsibility other than scoring, which isn't even a knock, per se. It's simply the result of being one-dimensional in the exact same way Reggie Miller was one-dimensional.

Edited by T0mShane

Thanks, spelling bee champ.

And your posts are hysterical. Danny Tartabull? LOL. You're smoking crack while giving a blow job so you can buy more smack.

Joe Johnson's ankle is gonna heal up and boy won't YOU be sorry!!!

• Upvote 1

How many player combinations has Melo played with in the NBA? 50? 100? All of those players and all of those teams sucked?

I ask how many superstars he needs around him because he clearly can't carry a team through the playoffs as the #1A guy. He needs to be the Other Guy who bears no responsibility other than scoring, which isn't even a knock, per se. It's simply the result of being one-dimensional in the exact same way Reggie Miller was one-dimensional.

Durant couldn't do it either without Westbrook and he is the consensus No. 2 player in the NBA.  So what the heck is your point?

Durant couldn't do it either without Westbrook and he is the consensus No. 2 player in the NBA. So what the heck is your point?

That you Knickies shouldn't be so quick to absolve Carmelo for the Knicks' issues. And that the Nets rule. #NetsTape.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a big JR fan, too immature and too much of a dumbass, however I don't particularly think it's smart to get rid of a 27 yo, reigning 6th man of the year winner who gave you 18 and 6 for essentially nothing, when you can get him on the cheap.  I don't particularly like the nepotism, but I'm not letting the equivalent of a James White or Quentin Richardson stop me from signing an 18 & 6 player for $5 million, that's a bargain.  I'm sure you're right, there's a lot of teams who would shy away from him, but this is going to be a players' friendly market with a lot of teams under the cap, he most surely could get more. 

My problem is not so much with him, but more him being the second option.  Until he can be that consistent threat we saw towards the end of the regular season, you can't rely on him being that number 2.  If shumpert takes the next step and becomes a more consistent offensive threat, having JR as a 3rd option would be a difference maker.  This could blow up in our face and the NYC nightlife gets the better of him, you're right, but he could also continue to mature and work on his game to finally maximize his potential.  The dude has come a long way, obviously still not there yet, but if Lance Stephenson can go from throwing his pregnant gf down a flight of stairs and taunting Bron to the "hard-working & determined" roll-player he's been dubbed this playoffs, anything is possible. 

If Woodson is the coach and JR is on the roster he's the second option. JR immediately became the second option once he came over from China.

It makes no sense giving him 4 years. No other team in the league would give him a 4 year deal and no other team in the league would let him play 30 minutes and also the green light. The Knicks are bidding against themselves and China for JR's rights.

4 years of JR Smith? He has zero trade value.

The only way you bring him back is on a one year deal..and even then I still wpouldnt want him back.

That you Knickies shouldn't be so quick to absolve Carmelo for the Knicks' issues. And that the Nets rule. #NetsTape.

LOL.

Game 5 at home, season on the line and Durant shoots 5 of 21.  But there's no hate for him.  Instead, there's only sympathy because he's playing without Westbrook, a player of whose caliber Melo has never had the benefit of as a teammate.

LOL.

Game 5 at home, season on the line and Durant shoots 5 of 21. But there's no hate for him. Instead, there's only sympathy because he's playing without Westbrook, a player of whose caliber Melo has never had the benefit of as a teammate.

If Durant does that for the next nine years, he will be shat upon.

If Durant does that for the next nine years, he will be shat upon.

It'll be hard for him to do that with Westbrook there.  Get the point?

Freakin LeBron cried for HELP and signed with Miami for crying out loud.  How had is that to grasp that in the NBA a team needs at least 2 stars to compete for a title.

Edited by SMC

I was surprised at all the Knicks hate on the radio today. People were making out as if this was a team that had a 1 year window to win it all and they blew it. I dont get that line of thinking. Nobody gave them a snowballs chance of winning against Miami but would have been ultra pumped by being competitive in 4 losses and maybe stealing a game or two. Now because they go down one series earlier they blew their one year window?  I just dont like that line of thinking. 

Do the Knicks need to improve?  Yes they do but Melo is in his prime and he'll get that team the 50 wins they want. Hes that good and I dont get why people degrade his game so badly.  Yes he doesnt play defense but neither do many of the offensive talents in the NBA. The Knicks knew that this was going to be an issue when they traded all their depth to bring him in rather than chancing free agency. At this point probably the best option for the Knicks is to go out and look for a decent 3 that can help scoop up the boards and play the role of athletic wingman. You can sometimes find those types for not that much money. 

Melo and Woodson will get us 50 wins every year but what we just saw is the ceiling for these two together. He did the same thing when he coached Atlanta. Give Melo/Joe Johnson the ball and then everybody just switch on defense. His coaching ability is akin to me setting my rotation minutes and philosophy on NBA 2k and hitting the Sim button. He has no ability to adjust in game.

Edited by SayNoToDMC

It'll be hard for him to do that with Westbrook there.  Get the point?

Freakin LeBron cried for HELP and signed with Miami for crying out loud.  How had is that to grasp that in the NBA a team needs at least 2 stars to compete for a title.

The Pacers, Grizzlies and Spurs dont have two stars....they dont even have one.

Melo and Woodson will get us 50 wins every year but what we just saw is the ceiling for these two together. He did the same thing when he coached Atlanta. Give Melo/Joe Johnson the ball and then everybody just switch on defense. His coaching ability is akin to me setting my rotation minutes and philosophy on NBA 2k and hitting the Sim button. He has no ability to adjust in game.

Woodson is merely a babysitter....it was never the Knicks hierarchy's intention to bring in Woodson and install stuff and hold players accountable....he's a figurehead. No sane NBA coach would allow JR Smith to play 30+ minutes in a win or go home series and have him chuck up bad shot after bad shot and show no intention of playing defense. Jason Kidd too.

He'll ultimately take the fall for another early exit next season....but Dolan/Zeke will find another guy they can keep on a leash. Woodson doesnt know it yet...but he's going to be spit out and used.

Edited by Matt39

It'll be hard for him to do that with Westbrook there. Get the point?

Freakin LeBron cried for HELP and signed with Miami for crying out loud. How had is that to grasp that in the NBA a team needs at least 2 stars to compete for a title.

REMINDER: Carmelo CHOSE to come here.

The Pacers, Grizzlies and Spurs dont have two stars....they dont even have one.

The Spurs have 3 HOFers, what are you talking about?  The Grizzlies have 2 stars not necessarily superstars, but 2 definate stars in ZBo and Gasol.  And the Pacers are young with 2 allstars in George and Hibbert.

The Spurs have 3 HOFers, what are you talking about?  The Grizzlies have 2 stars not necessarily superstars, but 2 definate stars in ZBo and Gasol.  And the Pacers are young with 2 allstars in George and Hibbert.

The Spurs are ancient, give me a break.

As for the other teams..theyre no different than what the Knicks are working with. They're just better coached and more committed to winning.

The Spurs are ancient, give me a break.

As for the other teams..theyre no different than what the Knicks are working with. They're just better coached and more committed to winning.

Yeah, you need a break if you discount Parker, Duncan and Ginobli.

Yeah, you need a break if you discount Parker, Duncan and Ginobli.

I'm not discounting them...theyre a well coached team, take good shots and play defense. Something the Knicks arent and dont do.

Could you imagine Melo in the Spurs system? lol...

Woodson is merely a babysitter....it was never the Knicks hierarchy's intention to bring in Woodson and install stuff and hold players accountable....he's a figurehead. No sane NBA coach would allow JR Smith to play 30+ minutes in a win or go home series and have him chuck up bad shot after bad shot and show no intention of playing defense. Jason Kidd too.

He'll ultimately take the fall for another early exit next season....but Dolan/Zeke will find another guy they can keep on a leash. Woodson doesnt know it yet...but he's going to be spit out and used.

Then the Knicks don't win sh*t. Lebron in Miami is the exception because he's an unselfish superstar but all these guys need a strong coach(and there's still Pat Riley there) every one of these talented guys need somebody who can pull in the reigns. Phil Jackson was essentially the worlds greatest babysitter

And he's criticized for coming to NY while others were too pussy to come?

How does that make any sense?

Who was "too pussy"? Amare was the one who came to play here when everyone knew the Dolan Knicks were the toilet franchise of the NBA. Melo didn't have guts. Melo had a skeezer veejay wife who thought she could be Kelly Ripa if she could get to NYC. And it's Carmelo's presence that killed Amare here, btw. The dude owned the city until Melo decided he couldn't play with another scoring forward. Melo isn't a victim here. They've given him everything he's asked for and he just got rocked by the mighty Pacers.

Edited by T0mShane
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Then the Knicks don't win sh*t. Lebron in Miami is the exception because he's an unselfish superstar but all these guys need a strong coach(and there's still Pat Riley there) every one of these talented guys need somebody who can pull in the reigns. Phil Jackson was essentially the worlds greatest babysitter

I agree. But Phil, Riley werent guys you'd cross either. They were in charge. Melo has a coach who's there to give him the ball and everyone else get out of the way. Woodson doesnt have any clout within the Knicks....hell they forced him to change his agent.

I agree. But Phil, Riley werent guys you'd cross either. They were in charge. Melo has a coach who's there to give him the ball and everyone else get out of the way. Woodson doesnt have any clout within the Knicks....hell they forced him to change his agent.

Who was Mike Woodson's point guard in college?

I can't take Mike Woodson seriously either, that's the problem

Who was "too pussy"? Amare was the one who came to play here when everyone knew the Dolan Knicks were the toilet franchise of the NBA. Melo didn't have guts. Melo had a skeezer veejay wife who thought she could be Kelly Ripa if she could get to NYC. And it's Carmelo's presence that killed Amare here, btw. The dude owned the city until Melo decided he couldn't play with another scoring forward. Melo isn't a victim here. They've given him everything he's asked for and he just got rocked by the mighty Pacers.

Please put down the crackpipe.  D'Antoni playing Amare 39 minutes a night killed Amare.  His numbers dropped the month BEFORE Melo even got there.  And Amare didn't have the guts to come here. He came here because the Knicks were the only team willing to give him $100m guaranteed.  And Amare "owned" the city like a band geek owns a fat loanly chick in high school because he's the only guy who gave her attention not realizing that she was his best chance to pop his cherry.

Edited by SMC

I'm not discounting them...theyre a well coached team, take good shots and play defense. Something the Knicks arent and dont do.

Could you imagine Melo in the Spurs system? lol...

Melo would be great in the Spurs system because he'd finally have reliable teammates.  Teammates he could trust who won't go clubbing during a playoff series or get thoroughly outplayed by Roy Hibbert.

In any event, I'll call it right now--the Knicks won't have to worry about the 2nd star issue next year because Shumpert is going to make the leap and be that star.

Melo would be great in the Spurs system because he'd finally have reliable teammates.  Teammates he could trust who won't go clubbing during a playoff series or get thoroughly outplayed by Roy Hibbert.

In any event, I'll call it right now--the Knicks won't have to worry about the 2nd star issue next year because Shumpert is going to make the leap and be that star.

Can he play with Melo? Nobody askes that question about any other NBA player. It's absurd, except at MSG it's indulged.  About how loing would it be before Melo called for the ball one too many times before Duncan or Popovich would see to it he'd be traded? You don't grasp than in the NBA there is a winning culture that works in the playoffs-rebound, play defense, pass to the open man. Heck, you just saw Indy do it to the Knicks. And there's what the Woodson/Melo Knicks do. And that is NEVER going to work. There are plenty of creampuffs on the NBA schedule who really don't scout that much (because there really isn't any time to do that)were you can squeeze out 45 tp 50 somthing wins. But in the playoffs you're playing the same team every night, they've seen every set play you run. And if Rondo is healhty the Knicks  would've been lucky to get to the 2nd round. Next year, Rondo, Granger and Rose are back, and the nets figure to do something. It's not getting better.

Edited by Bugg

Lebron went to the Finals with Anderson Varejao as his second best player.

You guys are snowing yourselves by giving Melo a pass here. The dude is a brilliant scorer, but possibly the most one-dimensional player since Dominique. I personally respect the guy's ability, but the results speak for themselves, both here and in Denver. He's Danny Tartabull.

Except Dominique was better and had worse teams and played in the East with legendary talent on 4 different teams. 

Except Dominique was better and had worse teams and played in the East with legendary talent on 4 different teams.

Larry Bird was a huge part of this Pacer teams success. He's still legendary, then there's those other big name guys on the team. Ron Hibbert, George Allen, that white guy from North Carolina. It's like the Bad Boy Pacers.

Larry Bird was a huge part of this Pacer teams success. He's still legendary, then there's those other big name guys on the team. Ron Hibbert, George Allen, that white guy from North Carolina. It's like the Bad Boy Pacers.

Totally bro.  The Knicks just dont have enough Superstars for a loaded team like the Pacers.