Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

Woudl expect they gonna lose to Miami. But 5 on 5 is a way better chance for success than 1 and 4 standing around vs. 5.Pacers-Starting-5-300x156.jpg

Totally bro.  The Knicks just dont have enough Superstars for a loaded team like the Pacers

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, Bugg, the "can he play with ---" is asked for every NBA superstar besides LeBron.

Kobe, Durant, Paul, etc they say the same for. The whole purpose of building a team is to compliment the talents of the superstar player and, thus, have a better overall team.

Hell, in Miami there's talk that Riley built a team and input a system to perfectly compliment LeBron.

Actually, Bugg, the "can he play with ---" is asked for every NBA superstar besides LeBron.

Kobe, Durant, Paul, etc they say the same for. The whole purpose of building a team is to compliment the talents of the superstar player and, thus, have a better overall team.

Hell, in Miami there's talk that Riley built a team and input a system to perfectly compliment LeBron.

This is not your best argument. Aside from Kobe, there has never been a question as to whether players like Durant, Paul, Wade etc can play with others. NEVER. Durant is lauded and sometimes criticized for being one of the most unselfish Superstars ever. The same broad brush you paint "haters" with is the exactly applicable to you as a "Melo homer." And again I am not even a Melo hater, but his track record speaks for itself.

This is not your best argument. Aside from Kobe, there has never been a question as to whether players like Durant, Paul, Wade etc can play with others. NEVER. Durant is lauded and sometimes criticized for being one of the most unselfish Superstars ever. The same broad brush you paint "haters" with is the exactly applicable to you as a "Melo homer." And again I am not even a Melo hater, but his track record speaks for itself.

You're a Net fan. You have nothing to love so your default is to hate.

Dude for once stop deflecting.

Deflecting what? The hate parade?

This is all fun for you guys as you enjoy the Knicks end of season demise. My fun time will come next season when you guys disappear when things are going well.

As to T0m's point its BS. The Thunder built that team focused on Durant. They assembled pieces to go with him.

Now with Paul, there's rumblings that some pieces don't fit with Clippers and they want to make changes to fit his game. Just reported today that they're going after David West in offseason.

As to T0m's point its BS. The Thunder built that team focused on Durant. They assembled pieces to go with him.

Now with Paul, there's rumblings that some pieces don't fit with Clippers and they want to make changes to fit his game. Just reported today that they're going after David West in offseason.

The Thunder built that team in the exact opposite way the Knicks built ours, smart. We tanked for 10 years with nothing to show for it because we have no value for young assets or picks. If Dolan decides to move Shumpert I'm joining the losers on the Nets bandwagon.

The Thunder built that team in the exact opposite way the Knicks built ours, smart. We tanked for 10 years with nothing to show for it because we have no value for young assets or picks. If Dolan decides to move Shumpert I'm joining the losers on the Nets bandwagon.

That was because that idiot Isiah kept trading 1st rounders for bums. If he kept them Knicks would have Aldridge and Noah. Pretty good frontcourt.

That was because that idiot Isiah kept trading 1st rounders for bums. If he kept them Knicks would have Aldridge and Noah. Pretty good frontcourt.

Dolan is in love with Isiah so you can't blame one without the other and I'm also fairly certain that idiot still consults him on any major moves they make

Dolan is in love with Isiah so you can't blame one without the other and I'm also fairly certain that idiot still consults him on any major moves they make

Isiah, Woodson and Grunwald all went to school together so there really is no doubt.

Yes, Isiah is consulted but he doesn't have final say.

Remember, it was reported that Isiah suggested that Knicks trade Shump at deadline but Grunwald said now.

Melo and Shump will be the 2 stars next yr IMO, and I'm happy with that.

Isiah, Woodson and Grunwald all went to school together so there really is no doubt.

They're all longtime friends but that doesn't mean they always agree and Isiah gets his way.

They're all longtime friends but that doesn't mean they always agree and Isiah gets his way.

Dolan obviously has final say...which sucks.

They need a president in here who has full authority to hire is own GM and then coach. I wish the Rangers were Dolan's baby.

Dolan obviously has final say...which sucks.

They need a president in here who has full authority to hire is own GM and then coach. I wish the Rangers were Dolan's baby.

No, Dolan needs to sell the team.

Short of that the same dynamic will remain in place regardless of a Pres. Grunwald is a good basketball man so hopefully he'll continue to be allowed to make decision.

Matt, you're not a Yankee fan, are you? If you are you should recognize this structure with the 1990s Yanks. George always had his Tampa people in his ear, but Stick, Watson and Cash made it work.

No, Dolan needs to sell the team.

Short of that the same dynamic will remain in place regardless of a Pres. Grunwald is a good basketball man so hopefully he'll continue to be allowed to make decision.

Matt, you're not a Yankee fan, are you? If you are you should recognize this structure with the 1990s Yanks. George always had his Tampa people in his ear, but Stick, Watson and Cash made it work.

Im a Yankees fan. George got suspended and things changed.

Deflecting what? The hate parade?

This is all fun for you guys as you enjoy the Knicks end of season demise. My fun time will come next season when you guys disappear when things are going well.

Talk about dissappearing, "Knick Fans" like you were nowhere to be found in threads prior to Melo arriving. The epitome of bandwagon fans and you of all people with your Jets/Giants flip flop have no merit to say otherwise.

You made a point that there is a question about if players can play with (insert star name here)? You mentioned specifically Kobe, Durant and Paul. There has NEVER been a question about whether players can play with and fit in with Durant, Paul, Wade etc. Kobe yes, I give you. You casually deflected the my post with your typical Nets crap which is stupid. I think I might have to post more in these threads because as you keep posting more and more crap you start to truly believe you are smart. (See Tyson Chandler Borderline HOFer post)

Talk about dissappearing, "Knick Fans" like you were nowhere to be found in threads prior to Melo arriving. The epitome of bandwagon fans and you of all people with your Jets/Giants flip flop have no merit to say otherwise.

You made a point that there is a question about if players can play with (insert star name here)? You mentioned specifically Kobe, Durant and Paul. There has NEVER been a question about whether players can play with and fit in with Durant, Paul, Wade etc. Kobe yes, I give you. You casually deflected the my post with your typical Nets crap which is stupid. I think I might have to post more in these threads because as you keep posting more and more crap you start to truly believe you are smart. (See Tyson Chandler Borderline HOFer post)

Or that the Knicks were contenders last season????

You can keep posting here gqx, but you continue to post lies.

Again, I NEVER said Tyson was a borderline HOFer.

And Jifiot can't remember context. At 18-6 and healthy, Knicks were contenders, but injuries ruined any chance to compete.

Back to gqx, the fit aspect is part of building a team. Players are brought into OKC because they fit with Durant and Westbrook. How is that controversial? That's GM 101 and all I'm talking about with Melo. Grunwald's job is to find complimentary players to Melo.

Like a big defensive center, a power forward that can shoot, and Melo's hand-picked PG and SG?

Yeah, and if Tyson and JR didn't play like sh*t they would've won the series.

I'm killing Tyson and JR for their performances not them inherently as players. There's extenuating circumstances with JR for why he needs to go.

LOL, now you're jumping in too? Freakin sharks

Haha.  I'm actually with you for the most part.  JR and Chandler lost the series for them, but big deal.  The thing that I find interesting is how the Knicks fans seem to jump off and on the Woodson bandwagon.  I don't think Schumpert will ever be a star.  He is a nice defender, but I don't trust his shot and he is short so he isn't going to have any post presence whatsover.  He's not a distributer so what is he?  A decent piece.  He was a actually a very nice compliment to Lin, but big whoop.  

I find it funny that everybody thinks that you can't win with Carmelo.  How many all-star teams did Boheim lose with before Anthony won him one.  I heard the exact same sh*t about Jordan- he doesn't make him teammates better and you can't win it all with him.  The fact is, in today's NBA this 2-3 superstars per team crap annoys the sh*t out of me. I want Memphis or Indiana.  It's a lot easier to win with Wade on your team than JR ******* Smith.  If you put Anthony in place of Chris Bosch and the Heat with the title, does that somehow make Carmelo a winner?  

Here's one for you: who does Melo need around him to win? Chris Paul? Dwight Howard? Kevin Durant? How many superstars will it take?

here's one for you: I finally realized you're not a troll, you are just lazy

Archived