Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team so much reminds me of the championship Mavs. This is how they played when Dirk was out early that season.

Tallying up wins this early is so important for this team in particular. There's going to be some real growing pains when Amare comes back and racking them up like this right now should hopefully ensure that it doesn't cost them more than a playoff slot. Chandler and Kidd are like the league rent-a-vets for scorers.

I don't even know what to make of that game. Miami clearly does not give a **** right now.

Absolutely went from six to midnight halfway through the third quarter, my godddd. It's been mentioned for a while now, but even looking past their aggressiveness on the defensive side of the ball, they just aren't the same team when they go small. Chalmers and Wade (who looks beyond unmotivated) are no longer locking down the opposing teams guards and there's no shot blocker to be there for help when they do get beat, which was exploited so perfectly by Felton all game long.

I think one of the best things to take away from this was even without Melo, Felton was able to break down the defense and get open shots for the other guys all game long. Granted Miami isn't closing out like they did last year, but we had a lot of open looks.

Sheed gave amazing minutes. Novak has evolved his game. Hard to take too much away from this game as it only seemed like LBJ and Haslem gave a damn beyond the 2nd.

Absolutely went from six to midnight halfway through the third quarter, my godddd. It's been mentioned for a while now, but even looking past their aggressiveness on the defensive side of the ball, they just aren't the same team when they go small. Chalmers and Wade (who looks beyond unmotivated) are no longer locking down the opposing teams guards and there's no shot blocker to be there for help when they do get beat, which was exploited so perfectly by Felton all game long.

It looks like Wade aged about 10 years this summer. Jesus.

It looks like Wade aged about 10 years this summer. Jesus.

It's not even just his deteriorating athleticism, but the fact that he's failed to work on his jump shot with his shooting coach like he promised, coupled with him just looking so completely checked out now that he has ring number two. I was always confident he could turn it on in the playoffs, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. Unless he turns it around, the best chance Miami has this year is if Bosh becomes the second option.

It's not even just his deteriorating athleticism, but the fact that he's failed to work on his jump shot with his shooting coach like he promised, coupled with him just looking so completely checked out now that he has ring number two. I was always confident he could turn it on in the playoffs, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. Unless he turns it around, the best chance Miami has this year is if Bosh becomes the second option.

Its easy to forget that Wade looked washed up last year. Remember the argument between him and Spo on the bench? Wade, not to exaggerate, only had 2 or 3 good games the entire postseason run.

He just may have gotten old. It can be expected based on his playing style when he was younger.

Its easy to forget that Wade looked washed up last year. Remember the argument between him and Spo on the bench? Wade, not to exaggerate, only had 2 or 3 good games the entire postseason run.

He just may have gotten old. It can be expected based on his playing style when he was younger.

Due to his aggressive style of play and the injuries he accumulated over the course of his career we knew that his athleticism and explosion would drop off rather precipitously. The thing that I didn't expect was how he has pretty much refused to reshape his game the last couple of off-seasons like he promised. He's still playing at a high level compared to the rest of the league, but as of now his dropoff is pretty noticeable; PER going from 26.3 to 20.4 and a WS/48 .227 to a .118. (His career averages are 25.6 and .196 respectively.)

It's what Riley calls three-pointers.

Yeah, and JVG did as well.

But the math is in the 3pt shooting. Wally World mentioned it yesterday that the key is makes not takes because hitting 1/3 of your 3s is the same as hitting 1/2 of your 2s. Plus, the Knicks 3s are off of ball movement. According to Hahn, 83% of the Knicks 3s come off assists.

Due to his aggressive style of play and the injuries he accumulated over the course of his career that his athleticism and explosion would drop off rather precipitously. The thing that I didn't expect was how he has pretty much refused to reshape his game the last couple of off-seasons like he promised. He's still playing at a high level compared to the rest of the league, but as of now his dropoff is pretty noticeable; PER going from 26.3 to 20.4 and a WS/48 .227 to a .118. (His career averages are 25.6 and .196 respectively.)

Yeah, that's the rub. The classic example is Jordan, who with declining athleticism, became a lethal jumpshooter in the 2nd 3-peat years.

Maybe the problem is that LeBron is now Wade's crutch. He can simply rely on LBJ rather than transform his game.

The main thing this game means, for me at least, is that with the Knicks & Heat playing 4 times, the Knicks already have 2 wins and need 1 more to win the season series. In the event that they're tied at end of the season, the Knicks will have home court.

1 or 2 seed. That's the goal and this win helps that.

575 for both. Got them on E-bay. Best NBA seats i've ever had. You actually feel like your part of the game sitting that close. You can literally feel the dunks.

Yeah, I had that same exact spot in the Garden about 7 years back. I think they ran about 700, but keep in mind that was the Marbury era and they were playing Charlotte. Okafor had something like 10 blocks that night.

Seats that close only reinforce that NBA athletes are the best on the planet IMO. The way these guys run, cut and jump is just insane and until you've been that close you never really get a true sense of it.

The thing that impressed me was that Kidd is still like a magician at getting the ball. Throw it up near him and he comes up with it. He's small by basketball standards, but he'd be one of my top choices to switch to catch a football. Sad thing is that my game is kind of like his only without the handle.

Yeah, I had that same exact spot in the Garden about 7 years back. I think they ran about 700, but keep in mind that was the Marbury era and they were playing Charlotte. Okafor had something like 10 blocks that night.

Seats that close only reinforce that NBA athletes are the best on the planet IMO. The way these guys run, cut and jump is just insane and until you've been that close you never really get a true sense of it.

$700 sounds cheap, was that face value or what you paid? The floor seats mid-court should be around $3600 now. I'm surprised the end courts would be so cheap. I've gotten to hang around down there plenty and can second everything you say. I couldn't afford to buy those mid-court seats, but I got down there and I would advise that people try to get down there for at least one game.

The thing that impressed me was that Kidd is still like a magician at getting the ball. Throw it up near him and he comes up with it. He's small by basketball standards, but he'd be one of my top choices to switch to catch a football. Sad thing is that my game is kind of like his only without the handle.

$700 sounds cheap, was that face value or what you paid? The floor seats mid-court should be around $3600 now. I'm surprised the end courts would be so cheap. I've gotten to hang around down there plenty and can second everything you say. I couldn't afford to buy those mid-court seats, but I got down there and I would advise that people try to get down there for at least one game.

End court, not mid. About 4 rows back if I remember correctly.

End court, not mid. About 4 rows back if I remember correctly.

Yeah. The end court should still be well over a grand. It's probably that those 4 rows make a big difference. Especially these days. with the "transformation" because most of the front row includes the 1879 Club and the majority of those others the Delta.

Yeah. The end court should still be well over a grand. It's probably that those 4 rows make a big difference. Especially these days. with the "transformation" because most of the front row includes the 1879 Club and the majority of those others the Delta.

Again, this was during the tale end of Marbury, when they actually weren't even able to sell out the Garden for a short period of time. Prices dropped way down, particularly when crap teams came to town.

Archived