NFL to players: Cannabis still not legal

Blackout

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

........... thats so wrong. Yes most form organic sources but thats because we can synthesize them and change the properties. The reason we cant find a cure for cancer is because everyones cells are different. Do you know how hard it is to design a drug for something that comes from an individual persons cells? that can spread to multiple types of cells

You have no idea what you are talking about.. please stop. The basic structure of every kind of cell in your body and mine, from the parietal cells of your stomach mucosa to the specialized striated cells of your heart muscle..are the same.

If you don't know what you are talking about, please don't make stuff up..

You have no idea what you are talking about.. please stop. The basic structure of every kind of cell in your body and mine, from the parietal cells of your stomach mucosa to the specialized striated cells of your heart muscle..are the same.

LMAO OMG YOU USED BIG WORDS.... you are so wrong its not even funny but hey im in college majoring in cell biology so its cool if you dont know

Cancer is normally because a gene malfunctions which is in every cell which doesnt happen to be the same in every person

BTW has anyone actually found this "harvard" study in a research journal?

this is very simplistic but read it if u still dont get it http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/planning/types_treatment/diff_cancers

not necassarilly true man dont fall for stuff like that lol.

Nothing organic is gonna cure cancer.

may slow it though

What medicinal value does cigarettes have besides killing off 800,000 citizens in our country each and every year (5 million/yr worldwide)? Terrorists could use biological warfare and not kill off that many of us, but feed us the poison slowly and call it a "business", then everything's ok. By the way, mary jane's never killed one person in the history of it's existence and actually has medicinal value.

What medicinal value does cigarettes have besides killing off 800,000 citizens in our country each and every year (5 million/yr worldwide)? Terrorists could use biological warfare and not kill off that many of us, but feed us the poison slowly and call it a "business", then everything's ok. By the way, mary jane's never killed one person in the history of it's existence and actually has medicinal value.

what does that have to do with my post? Im just disputing that it cures cancer (which it doesnt). thats all i dont care if its legal illegal or who uses it

I do not like a majority of potheads, they are loopy and inconsistent. They are morons.

Please do not think I am being nasty, but I accidently repped you when I meant to quote you for the purpose of disagreeing.

You have the right to have whatever standards you wish in your circle of friends. But putting people behind bars is another story. If all that is wrong with marijuana is that it makes you loopy, inconsistent and a moron, should using it really be a jailable offense?

Please do not think I am being nasty, but I accidently repped you when I meant to quote you for the purpose of disagreeing.

You have the right to have whatever standards you wish in your circle of friends. But putting people behind bars is another story. If all that is wrong with marijuana is that it makes you loopy, inconsistent and a moron, should using it really be a jailable offense?

No, it should not be a jailable offense. However, I still dislike potheads and I prefer to kill them off if at all possible.

Bro you have no clue as to what you are talking about. I've talked to many people in college who have worked on trying to solve the mystery of cancer, the thing is, cancer is so complex and we know so little about it, that saying weed helps cure it or slow it is completely false. Also, the organic argument is so tired and overdone it's ridiculous. If you like weed so much, just man up and admit you like the effects it gives you. Don't try and push wack job science on us about how it's good for you and will cure cancer. The fact of the matter is, you are inhaling smoke, nothing of this act is beneficial to the body. Also, if you believe everything organic is good for you, you seriously need to read.

But, the side effects to weed are very dismal and they might as well just legalize it.

Wrong.. most drugs come from organic sources.

The reason they haven't found a cure for cancer is there is way too much money in treating cancer to cure it... You mean to tell me we can run multiple wars in several areas of the globe, and build useless space stations in the sky , and we still haven't seen a live *beaked whale*.. We have whole specie of insects that haven't been discovered.. and believe me.. the cure for cancer is going to be in one of those insects, or in some shark specie we haven't discovered..

And, MJ has long since been noted to slow the growth of cancer cells.. and that in itself should be pursued to the ends of the earth.

Lost all credibility with that bolded statement. Exploring space has resulted in many inventions, namely the satellite. Exploring space has lead to many scientific discoveries and still needs to be explored. While it is true that we lack a very big understanding of our own world, namely oceans, exploring outer space is necessary for us. The potential benefits we can obtain from space exploration is tremendous.

I wonder the effect it would have during a football game. I find with most people it's completely hit or miss when it comes to physical activity stoned. Had a friend who was a star goalie in HS who used to get high as all hell before games and then go out and dominate. To this day I still consider it one of the more impressive things I've witnessed in life.

Not gunna lie. Smoked out before every single one of my high school basketball games...used to calm my nerves and reduce the pre-game butterflies.

Yeah but surfers are the exception with that sh*t. You burn a billion calories from just all the paddling, you could probably eat deep fried stuff at every meal and it wouldn't have nearly the effect it does on most people.

This is true. I generally eat like sh*t. But I'm very active. Hoops 2 days a week, surf as much as possible, skate usually once a week plus the gym..but none of that burns calories like a 4 hour surf session.

However, this time of the year is rough with Football because I drink a sh*t ton, eat like sh*t and when the water gets cold...it has to be pretty good to get in and I live in Florida so it usually only happens a dozen or so of times during the "winter" down here. I always gain weight at this time.

Side note: what does this do for recruiting for college Football? All these kids smoke and now they dont have to worried about getting arrested. Honey Badger approves.

Lost all credibility with that bolded statement. Exploring space has resulted in many inventions, namely the satellite. Exploring space has lead to many scientific discoveries and still needs to be explored. While it is true that we lack a very big understanding of our own world, namely oceans, exploring outer space is necessary for us. The potential benefits we can obtain from space exploration is tremendous.

There is nothing in space, nothing we can go and get that is feasible.

I hope it doesn't happen to you.. I place a higher value on feeding the hungry and not being at war with

the world and curing our diseases than entertaining rocketry freaks ..that laud freeze dried coffee as a great

space exploration accomplishment.

BTW, I could care less about having cred with you or anyone else on the internet, or in person..

Bro you have no clue as to what you are talking about. I've talked to many people in college who have worked on trying to solve the mystery of cancer, the thing is, cancer is so complex and we know so little about it, that saying weed helps cure it or slow it is completely false. Also, the organic argument is so tired and overdone it's ridiculous. If you like weed so much, just man up and admit you like the effects it gives you. Don't try and push wack job science on us about how it's good for you and will cure cancer. The fact of the matter is, you are inhaling smoke, nothing of this act is beneficial to the body. Also, if you believe everything organic is good for you, you seriously need to read.

But, the side effects to weed are very dismal and they might as well just legalize it.

I have been in the healthcare arena for a long time.. you are talking out your azzz about stuff you have no clue about. "college friends" LOL

LMAO OMG YOU USED BIG WORDS.... you are so wrong its not even funny but hey im in college majoring in cell biology so its cool if you dont know

Cancer is normally because a gene malfunctions which is in every cell which doesnt happen to be the same in every person

BTW has anyone actually found this "harvard" study in a research journal?

this is very simplistic but read it if u still dont get it http://www.breastcan...nt/diff_cancers

No, I have actually had cancer, my sister died of breast cancer after 17 years of dealing with it.. and I have been a nurse in every possible area nurses can work since 1992.. so please, help yourself to your knowledge bank, and I will help myself to mine. My dad had it, my wife's first husband died from it. ..

I have studied it, and worked with it, and treated it, and I have to complete 20 hours a year ongoing education

in all areas every year to maintain my license.. so that is my frame of reference. I also know of many cancer patients who have used marijuana which was a regularly prescribed medication right here in the U.S. for many years.. prior to the big weed scare that landed it on the schedule.

I just personally think it is crazy to have our entire justice system focusing on trying to stop people from using it

and having wasted billions of dollars keeping it on the black market, and they can't even keep it out of prison.

There is a lot of research being done, but not effective evidently, and cherry picking something you found off the

internet is fine, but don't use it to purport yourself as a cancer authority please ?

Side note: what does this do for recruiting for college Football? All these kids smoke and now they dont have to worried about getting arrested. Honey Badger approves.

http://www.ncaa.org/...nned drugs list

Street Drugs: heroin; marijuana; tetrahydrocannabinol (THC); synthetic cannabinoids (eg. spice, K2, JWH-018, JWH-073)

http://www.ncaa.org/...used substances

Marijuana (banned ): Marijuana contains the active ingredient THC. Marijuana use is linked to anxiety and panic reactions, respiratory damage, short-term memory impairment and a decreased focus on goals and personal achievement. Marijuana use is BANNED by the NCAA and can result in loss of eligibility.

Well... according to their policy, its banned. But, since they classify it as a street drug, they will likely have to reclassify it. But... excessive caffeine use is banned also, so more than likely they will still ban it no matter what the law is.

And... since its still illegal Federally, and schools receive federal funding, they wont change their policy until its legal according to federal law.

No, I have actually had cancer, my sister died of breast cancer after 17 years of dealing with it.. and I have been a nurse in every possible area nurses can work since 1992.. so please, help yourself to your knowledge bank, and I will help myself to mine. My dad had it, my wife's first husband died from it. ..

I have studied it, and worked with it, and treated it, and I have to complete 20 hours a year ongoing education

in all areas every year to maintain my license.. so that is my frame of reference. I also know of many cancer patients who have used marijuana which was a regularly prescribed medication right here in the U.S. for many years.. prior to the big weed scare that landed it on the schedule.

I just personally think it is crazy to have our entire justice system focusing on trying to stop people from using it

and having wasted billions of dollars keeping it on the black market, and they can't even keep it out of prison.

There is a lot of research being done, but not effective evidently, and cherry picking something you found off the

internet is fine, but don't use it to purport yourself as a cancer authority please ?

im sorry for your losses and your trials but you do realizei actually work in a lab trying to find a cure? Marijuana does not cure cancer i dont want to get into anything else. It simply is not a credible study. Besides i dont even see where this "harvard" study is except weed websites.

Marijuana does help in other ways but to say it cures it is ridiculous

I do research for this btw http://www2.udel.edu/ctcr/ idk if ull find anything but me and a lot of people devote a bunch of time to its research

and sorry you dont think this is effective but its hard. As i said before it is so complex and different that its hard to have a general idea of it

I am not actively researching this part but i have high hopes for virus research they are like mini nanobots

Well... according to their policy, its banned. But, since they classify it as a street drug, they will likely have to reclassify it. But... excessive caffeine use is banned also, so more than likely they will still ban it no matter what the law is.

And... since its still illegal Federally, and schools receive federal funding, they wont change their policy until its legal according to federal law.

They will still test for it, but you aint going to jail if you get popped with a joint. I'm not sure how much it plays a factor, maybe very little but figured it was at least an interesting debate.

They will still test for it, but you aint going to jail if you get popped with a joint. I'm not sure how much it plays a factor, maybe very little but figured it was at least an interesting debate.

so do you think the penalty will be drastically reduced if caught? I can still see it being against the rules but i wonder what the penalty is for high caffeine usage

There is nothing in space, nothing we can go and get that is feasible.

I hope it doesn't happen to you.. I place a higher value on feeding the hungry and not being at war with

the world and curing our diseases than entertaining rocketry freaks ..that laud freeze dried coffee as a great

space exploration accomplishment.

BTW, I could care less about having cred with you or anyone else on the internet, or in person..

Space travel has lead to many inventions. It's a driving force behind scientific breakthroughs and will be beneficial to our society. Satellite my friend, better rocket technology and others.

I have been in the healthcare arena for a long time.. you are talking out your azzz about stuff you have no clue about. "college friends" LOL

Well, than I apologize, I thought you were merely talking out of your ass. Anyways, these college friends are chemistry majors who after extensive research on trying to cure cancer through chemistry, they have come to the conclusion that it is to complex to be cured through chemistry. You really believe your beloved weed is a cure for cancer? We basically know close to nothing about cancer, their are so many different reports on what causes cancer and what helps prevent it, that you can basically presume we know nothing about it.

Think if states vote for it to be legal at a loss why the NFL cares. But should keep in mind while it's "natural"(and uranium, arsenic, blowfish toxin, snake venom et al) so is tobacco. Anything that is an intoxicant used to excess is going to end badly. And anything you ingest by smoking is going to impair lung function and is almost certainly as carcinogenic as cigs or cigars. Further like the intoxicant alcohol nobody should drive while high or drunk. If you want to work the drive thru at Sonic, probably not a big deal. Cops, airlines pilots and football players really shouldn't get high before nor during work. The proponents of pot don't talk about that. Even though I think the states should be allowed to do this(a position the Obama Adminstration is on record as opposing)there doens't seem to be much talk about limits, paramenters, rules, auto insurance, driving while high enforcement, etc. it's all very child like-pot's legal, man! Choices have consequences. Would be nice if the proponents occasionally acknowledged that and explained what they will be.

Find it very amusing the same people who act like smoking a cigarette is akin to genocide are pushing to legalize a product that produces smoke and smells way worse.

Buy stock in big time tobacco companies like Philip Morris and RJ Reynolds who will hit the ground running when this goes Big Business-as it invariably and inecitabley will.

Behold the future-(still no goddamn flying cars!)

http://www.washingto...ST2010102805974

so do you think the penalty will be drastically reduced if caught? I can still see it being against the rules but i wonder what the penalty is for high caffeine usage

since caffeine is considered a "performance enhancing drug"....

What is the penalty for a positive drug test?

The penalty for positive tests of both performance-enhancing and street drugs is strict and automatic. Student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for a full season. A second positive test for street drugs results in another lost year of eligibility and year withheld from competition. A second positive result for PED usage will render the student-athlete permanently ineligible.

but... whats the likelihood someone gets in trouble for caffeine? or pot? the drug testing in college is so weak. the institutions that have more stringent testing are the ones who will see players getting in trouble. for everyone else... usually you have some notice before you're tested.

since caffeine is considered a "performance enhancing drug"....

What is the penalty for a positive drug test?

The penalty for positive tests of both performance-enhancing and street drugs is strict and automatic. Student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for a full season. A second positive test for street drugs results in another lost year of eligibility and year withheld from competition. A second positive result for PED usage will render the student-athlete permanently ineligible.

but... whats the likelihood someone gets in trouble for caffeine? or pot? the drug testing in college is so weak. the institutions that have more stringent testing are the ones who will see players getting in trouble. for everyone else... usually you have some notice before you're tested.

lol wow that is straight legit if you get caught though. At least its no jamarcus russel syrup candy concoction

i have no issue with pot being legal. Im the type of person who doesnt give a sh!t what you do to your body. Fast food, smoking, drinking, abortion, tattoos, weed, whatever you want. I dont care. Just dont let your actions directly impact me.

I sure hope they create better laws for people driving high and/or drunk. the penalty for breaking laws in this country are a joke.

I wonder the effect it would have during a football game. I find with most people it's completely hit or miss when it comes to physical activity stoned. Had a friend who was a star goalie in HS who used to get high as all hell before games and then go out and dominate. To this day I still consider it one of the more impressive things I've witnessed in life.

350 pound men who can bench press Hondas hitting at top speed some guy who is high is a recipe to get someone crippled. Have heard of players using it afler games to alleviate pain, but playing high could be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Archived