" Cro " ....here we gooooooooooooo

kelly

Jets can't talk their way into playoffs

The bumbling, stumbling New York Jets in the playoffs ?

Forgetaboutit !

New York is a 3-5 team which needs to go 6-2 or 7-1 the rest of the year to have a chance at the postseason. There's nothing we’ve seen to suggest the Jets can suddenly become the NFL’s hottest team.But New York cornerback Antonio Cromartie didn't get the memo."The Jets will make the playoffs this year," Cromartie said on the NFL Network Thursday. "We believe in each other, we believe in what Coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff, so we definitely are going to make the playoffs this year."After months of being quiet, the Jets have suddenly decided to go back to their brash and boastful ways. Two weeks ago Jets players, like Cromartie and safety LaRon Landry, were talking about how they were going to beat up the Miami Dolphins.

How did that turn out ?

Miami pounded New York, 30-9, in what should have been a humbling experience. But the Jets never learn. They could be in for another rough game Sunday on the road against the Seattle Seahawks, who are 4-0 at home this season.I know I defended Ryan this week when he was incorrectly labeled the league's most overrated coach. But I never said he wasn’t overconfident and prone to making outlandish statements.“I know Cro had some comments we're going to make the playoffs and all that, and I feel as an entire football team that we should all feel like that and we do feel like that,” Ryan told reporters in New York.

This is another example of Ryan and the Jets not being honest with themselves. If the Jets could talk their way into the playoffs, they would be the No. 1 seed. The good teams do their talking on the field. New York compensates by doing its best talking during the week.

> http://espn.go.com/b...y-into-playoffs

Articles like this are such a heaping pile of crap. The Jets players and coaches have been repeatedly asked by the media about the playoffs, and either the player is going to be positive and get trashed because that apparently means they are supposedly trash-talking, or they'll be negative and get trashed because then that means the team is falling apart. The only other option is for the Jets to blow off the questions, which will make the media all butt-hurt and have them throwing little hissy fits over that (see the Mangini days).

These so-called reporters are a bunch of ****ing douche bags.

Jets can't talk their way into playoffs

The bumbling, stumbling New York Jets in the playoffs ?

Forgetaboutit !

New York is a 3-5 team which needs to go 6-2 or 7-1 the rest of the year to have a chance at the postseason. There's nothing we’ve seen to suggest the Jets can suddenly become the NFL’s hottest team.But New York cornerback Antonio Cromartie didn't get the memo."The Jets will make the playoffs this year," Cromartie said on the NFL Network Thursday. "We believe in each other, we believe in what Coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff, so we definitely are going to make the playoffs this year."After months of being quiet, the Jets have suddenly decided to go back to their brash and boastful ways. Two weeks ago Jets players, like Cromartie and safety LaRon Landry, were talking about how they were going to beat up the Miami Dolphins.

How did that turn out ?

Miami pounded New York, 30-9, in what should have been a humbling experience. But the Jets never learn. They could be in for another rough game Sunday on the road against the Seattle Seahawks, who are 4-0 at home this season.I know I defended Ryan this week when he was incorrectly labeled the league's most overrated coach. But I never said he wasn’t overconfident and prone to making outlandish statements.“I know Cro had some comments we're going to make the playoffs and all that, and I feel as an entire football team that we should all feel like that and we do feel like that,” Ryan told reporters in New York.

This is another example of Ryan and the Jets not being honest with themselves. If the Jets could talk their way into the playoffs, they would be the No. 1 seed. The good teams do their talking on the field. New York compensates by doing its best talking during the week.

> http://espn.go.com/b...y-into-playoffs

Come on Dude, you know the rules - If you're gonna pretend to be a girl, you gotta post a new picture with every thread you start, not the same ole tired crap. Man up!!!

Articles like this are such a heaping pile of crap. The Jets players and coaches have been repeatedly asked by the media about the playoffs, and either the player is going to be positive and get trashed because that apparently means they are supposedly trash-talking, or they'll be negative and get trashed because then that means the team is falling apart. The only other option is for the Jets to blow off the questions, which will make the media all butt-hurt and have them throwing little hissy fits over that (see the Mangini days).

The media is turning the NFL into the WWF.

Mike Shanahan is getting absolutely roasted by anyone and everyone because he apparently conceded the season in a press conference. Yet the Jets are a bunch of bumbling idiots because they believe in each other and dont want to give up on the playoffs yet. Consequently, that makes Rex a horrible coach because he and his team arent ready to give up.

Or the Jets could stop flapping their gums with grand plans of playoffs and super bowls and actually win an important game. A better answer would be "I don't know if we will make the playoffs but my focus is on the game against Seattle this weekend". I don't totally blame the players after all the head coach can't stop talking either.

Yep

I wasn't a big Cro fan, but Cromartie has really stepped up. He's played great football, and taken a leadership role on the team. Right now for 8Million, he looks like a steal.

In the middle of this dismal season Cromartie is one of the bright spots. For some reason the media is trying to make him look like a clown for saying the Jets will make the playoffs. I think he is just trying to pick up a leadership role to go along with his great play.

Here's an interview with him. I think he is just trying to be a leader

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Cro-Ready-for-Lynch-and-Co/7bd5988c-ce55-4bbd-a44e-a1e3b350e5a2

Think he's doing a good job of it right now

Well, that didn't take long.

Antonio Cromartie's playoff guarantee may have caught people by surprise on Thursday, but his coach and teammates have followed his lead.Though Rex Ryan has been careful not to guarantee anything, his players have had no problems predicting a postseason berth even though the Jets are 3-5 going into Sunday's game at Seattle."Yes, we will be playing postseason football this year," Muhammad Wilkerson said on WFAN. "I can back up Antonio Cromartie's comment."

The Jets are realistic.They know it will be an uphill climb the rest of the way.But it's not an impossible feat.And that is reason enough to be confident."At the end of the day, it's simple: You've just gotta believe," said Wilkerson, a secondyear defensive end. "We all believe in each other. We know people get on us in the media and whatnot, but we really just gotta believe in ourselves, and just pray and hope that all the Jets fans just back us up and just believe in us."Ryan, no stranger to boasting, said: "We know the task is a huge task in front of us. Again, this is how the team thinks. We're down, but we're certainly not out. We have half of our season in front of us and we're attacking it with the mentality that we are going to make the playoffs. We are confident in ourselves."

Wilkerson didn't stop at just guaranteeing a playoff spot.The Jets have 12 sacks in the first eight games, which ranks 29th in the NFL.Nevertheless,he said the Jets will be able to get into the head of rookie quarterback Russell Wilson."We're going to get this guy rattled," Wilkerson said of Wilson, whose 120.2 home-field passer rating is tops among NFL quarterbacks. "We know they're 4-0 at home, but we're not worried about what's going on over there in Seattle. We can only worry about what the Jets do."Defensive end Quinton Coples, who played against Wilson in college, said: "He's done pretty well at home, but we've got some stuff in the game plan that we do feel comfortable and confident in that we'll rattle him."

Notes & quotes : DT Kenrick Ellis (knee) and RB/KR Joe McKnight (ankle) are out. Ryan expects all of the players listed as questionable to play, including LB Bart Scott (toe) and RB Bilal Powell (shoulder) . . . Ryan will wear a cap that says "NJ/NY STRONG" on the sideline Sunday. The Jets made a $500,000 donation for superstorm Sandy relief on Thursday.

> http://www.newsday.c...pects-1.4207545

Archived