Lakers fire Mike Brown

JustInFudge

Never understood that hire in the first place. Brown was awful in Cleveland and nothing about him exemplified anything that would mesh with Kobe. D'Antoni would be the worst possible hire for them, the last thing that team needs is unrest due to a guy who's going to completely ignore defense, interior offense, and restructure the offense to stem from Nash. That's still Kobe's team and he has 80 billion times the ego that Melo does. 0% chance those two get along.

Never understood that hire in the first place. Brown was awful in Cleveland and nothing about him exemplified anything that would mesh with Kobe. D'Antoni would be the worst possible hire for them, the last thing that team needs is unrest due to a guy who's going to completely ignore defense, interior offense, and restructure the offense to stem from Nash. That's still Kobe's team and he has 80 billion times the ego that Melo does. 0% chance those two get along.

lulz

Knew it was coming...

I'm still stunned by D'A hiring. Reports are that the ownership & GM thought he was the best fit for current roster, which means Nash & Howard. Crazy.

Not shocked at all. I think they wanted to do anything they could to distance themselves as far away from the Princeton offense as possible.

They are sacrificing the emphasis of defense for scoring but if you look at the roster, you should have to worry about defense as a philosophy when you're rolling out Howard, Meta and Bryant. Those guys can defend. Its not like coaching Stat and Melo who play defense when the feel like it.

Not shocked at all. I think they wanted to do anything they could to distance themselves as far away from the Princeton offense as possible.

They are sacrificing the emphasis of defense for scoring but if you look at the roster, you should have to worry about defense as a philosophy when you're rolling out Howard, Meta and Bryant. Those guys can defend. Its not like coaching Stat and Melo who play defense when the feel like it.

True on Howard, Meta, and Kobe's D, but the team is old & slow overall, so I wonder how well speedball will work with them. I also wonder about Kobe in this system as RJF noted. The 2 guard is a spotup shooter in speedball.

True on Howard, Meta, and Kobe's D, but the team is old & slow overall, so I wonder how well speedball will work with them. I also wonder about Kobe in this system as RJF noted. The 2 guard is a spotup shooter in speedball.

Not to mention it's a disaster in the playoffs when the court shrinks. I was bitter as all hell when they traded for Howard, this evens things out. The post-game press conferences when they endure their 2nd and 3rd consecutive 2nd-round playoff exits with Kobe and Dwight are going to be Legend. Dary.

Archived