Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game - signups

Lily

Each of you (town) is a classic TV show. You run on an “oldies” station, but there is a group who want to cancel you all and replace you with reality TV. You need to find the reality shows and kick them out of the network.

Basic stuff here.

I need at least 12 players. I can adjust for more.

1. Basel Gill

2. Leelou

3. Verbal

4. Madhatter

5. Cindy

6. Ishy

7. Crusher (conditional sign up as long as the stupid Ape plays)

8. Integrity28, optimus primate, Dr Zaius, Gaype, Monkey

9. Sakaea

10. SMC

11. 80

12. JiF

13. AVM

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people are really taking a full off season this time.. at least I am.

I'll be ready to rock and roll in January.. are you married yet?

Yup. We got married on the 10th of November, last Saturday. Today is my first day back to reality.

Been a rough couple months for us, we've been living out of a suitcase for 2 straight months. We stayed out with her parents for about 4 weeks in October, her father's cancer overtook him and he passed away about 3 weeks ago. His liver failed. We were at his side, and I basically had to take over as hospice provider, since the company their insurance provided sucked. My mother was an RN, she coached me through everything... making sure he got what he needed near end of life, and making sure I knew when to notify and prepare her family. It crushed me. Never felt stress like it before, but I didn't falter. If I wasn't there, half the family would have missed the opportunity to say goodbye, and he would have had a miserable death with all the air hunger. I was able to recognize the need for more morphine, get it and administer it to help him pass more peacefully and not in terror.

So the wedding was amazing, but had it's bittersweet moments. Her family is amazing though. They came to celebrate us and not mourn her father, but instead honor him and the impact he had on us, and how proud he was of us. They took great care of us both.

This is the toughest stretch I've ever been through. I wore myself down trying to take care of so much for her family and for her, and finalizing all the wedding plans on my own, that I had to go on high blood pressure meds last week right before the wedding. I was doing all this sh*t, while doing my job from the road, and fighting an ear infection and a sinus infection back-to-back, so it got to about 160/120 and I started feeling really sick, and had to do something.

That's why I've been relatively inactive here. Could care less about the ridiculous Jets, in the grand scheme of things.

All this sh*t we've been through since he was diagnosed in April, but the day of the wedding we ended up with 70° weather, blue skies and every detail of our very uniquely planned wedding went off without a hitch. It was pretty astounding. Like he called in a favor upstairs, and even if you don't believe in that sort of thing it was hard to deny that it sure felt that way. It was right out of a cheesy movie. Bittersweet day, packed with emotions, but everything stayed upbeat and it all took on much more meaning.

Yup. We got married on the 10th of November, last Saturday. Today is my first day back to reality.

Been a rough couple months for us, we've been living out of a suitcase for 2 straight months. We stayed out with her parents for about 4 weeks in October, her father's cancer overtook him and he passed away about 3 weeks ago. His liver failed. We were at his side, and I basically had to take over as hospice provider, since the company their insurance provided sucked. My mother was an RN, she coached me through everything... making sure he got what he needed near end of life, and making sure I knew when to notify and prepare her family. It crushed me. Never felt stress like it before, but I didn't falter. If I wasn't there, half the family would have missed the opportunity to say goodbye, and he would have had a miserable death with all the air hunger. I was able to recognize the need for more morphine, get it and administer it to help him pass more peacefully and not in terror.

So the wedding was amazing, but had it's bittersweet moments. Her family is amazing though. They came to celebrate us and not mourn her father, but instead honor him and the impact he had on us, and how proud he was of us. They took great care of us both.

This is the toughest stretch I've ever been through. I wore myself down trying to take care of so much for her family and for her, and finalizing all the wedding plans on my own, that I had to go on high blood pressure meds last week right before the wedding. I was doing all this sh*t, while doing my job from the road, and fighting an ear infection and a sinus infection back-to-back, so it got to about 160/120 and I started feeling really sick, and had to do something.

That's why I've been relatively inactive here. Could care less about the ridiculous Jets, in the grand scheme of things.

All this sh*t we've been through since he was diagnosed in April, but the day of the wedding we ended up with 70° weather, blue skies and every detail of our very uniquely planned wedding went off without a hitch. It was pretty astounding. Like he called in a favor upstairs, and even if you don't believe in that sort of thing it was hard to deny that it sure felt that way. It was right out of a cheesy movie. Bittersweet day, packed with emotions, but everything stayed upbeat and it all took on much more meaning.

Wow Ape. Congratulations and sympathy all wrapped up in one. Well done man.

No mafia for me I quits..

Ape, I'm sorry to hear about all you went through, but I'm glad the wedding was perfect.

Thanks Lily, it really was perfect. I was in awe most of the day, couldn't drink much because of meds and was kind of glad at that. To be able to take it all in, it was like we were being looked after or rewarded for all the adversity we had faced and stayed positive through.

Wow Ape. Congratulations and sympathy all wrapped up in one. Well done man.

No mafia for me I quits..

Thanks Crusher. I can say without a doubt I've come out on the other side of this a different, more selfless, man.

I'm also quitting the mafia until I have my blood pressure controlled. Not that mafia is a big factor in it, it's just one less thing to feel responsible for for now. Like caring about the Jets, I don't want to feel responsible for giving a sh*t that they suck... so I don't.

Quite a couple months. My girlfriends grandmother passed away from cancer back in August. We were there the night before so I can relate in a small way to the stress and angst one feels in that situation. Not pleasant by any stretch. Sounds like you stepped up in a big way and were rewarded with a stress free wedding. That's good to hear.

I've been keeping an eye out for you on the boards. Fun to argue with someone who knows how to argue.

And hopefully we get around to mafia in January.. without football to discuss things can get rather boring at work.

Quite a couple months. My girlfriends grandmother passed away from cancer back in August. We were there the night before so I can relate in a small way to the stress and angst one feels in that situation. Not pleasant by any stretch. Sounds like you stepped up in a big way and were rewarded with a stress free wedding. That's good to hear.

I've been keeping an eye out for you on the boards. Fun to argue with someone who knows how to argue.

And hopefully we get around to mafia in January.. without football to discuss things can get rather boring at work.

Sorry to hear. Yeah, there's nothing quite like it. His breathing changed he was gurgling when he inhaled, then moaning like he was trying to talk when he exhaled. I stayed up with him, my girl, her sister and her mother the entire night. There came a point at like 4AM where I choked out the words I'd planned to say to him at the alter when he would have given her away, thanked him for 14 years of making me a better man, memories I'll always be able to share with our kids, promised him I'd take of ALL of his girls, not just my wife. He and I had a good relationship, he knew I wouldn't say anything I didn't mean. A couple nights earlier his last physical act was to take both of our hands and pull them into his heart. He hadn't been awake for twelve hours and really never woke back up after that. I told him we knew he fought his way to us to make that the moment he bless us, and married us and that we understood.

After I said all of this, the gurgling and moaning stopped and he relaxed. He waited until the next day when we all left the house for a bridal shower we decided not to cancel, when it was just him and his wife, and their 2 oldest friends in the house to pass. He didn't want to do it in front of his 3 girls.

Guy was a class act, and great, protective father right to the last breath.

Not going.

Everyone woosed out on it. Never heard about group tickets etc.. I wanted to go solo for a break from the LF but I'm not going to sit at the game alone.

What? Get on a plane you faggot. I have no tickets yet. You can sit next to me. Well five seats over cause my ass is impressive. I hears the tickets are like 35$. LOL

What? Get on a plane you faggot. I have no tickets yet. You can sit next to me. Well five seats over cause my ass is impressive. I hears the tickets are like 35$. LOL

That jerkoff CTM isn't going and he's the one I really wanted to punch in the face. Let me look at the dates again but I don't really see at this point how I'd be able to make it happen.

Wait? What? CTM is NOT going? Serious. First I heard this. Im gonna have to kill someone.

I PM'd him last week and he cried about no time or some such bs.. It made me want to beat him down all the more.

You get him to go and I'll strongly reconsider. I owe him quite a few beatings.

Archived