It is Tebow Time

Maxman

Rex will deny it. But it is Tebow time people. There is nothing else to see with Sanchez. Maybe if he had a better supporting cast he could get it done. But he doesn't have a better supporting cast. And he won't have one anytime soon.

So, it is Tebow time.

The season is over, you know what you have in Mark. Let it ride with Tim and see where it all ends up.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it would help if the Jets could actually block somebody (especially coming off of a bye week) that offensive line play reminded me of the Tampa bay Bucs circa 1976. 3 times the end rusher wasnt blocked on 3rd down passing plays. just like the miami game two weeks ago. ( and had a bye to correct it and didnt)OC is garbage and the o line coach is garbage.

They should stay focused on talking sh*t. thats all theyre good at

Rex will deny it. But it is Tebow time people. There is nothing else to see with Sanchez. Maybe if he had a better supporting cast he could get it done. But he doesn't have a better supporting cast. And he won't have one anytime soon.

So, it is Tebow time.

The season is over, you know what you have in Mark. Let it ride with Tim and see where it all ends up.

Mark is terrible. Plain and simple. That throw to Keller was pathetic. A high school kid could do better. And his propensity to fumble is a talent of epic proportions.

It will NEVER be Tebow time. The dude is awful. If anything, give MCElroy a chance. Tebow brings nothing to this team. I wish Stanton was still here.

The Jets aren't smart enough to start McElroy. So lets start Tebow, and after four years of him sucking, it can then be McErloy's turn.

And Stanton? For what? Holding for the kicker?

No, it would help if the Jets could actually block somebody (especially coming off of a bye week) that offensive line play reminded me of the Tampa bay Bucs circa 1976. 3 times the end rusher wasnt blocked on 3rd down passing plays. just like the miami game two weeks ago. ( and had a bye to correct it and didnt)OC is garbage and the o line coach is garbage.

They should stay focused on talking sh*t. thats all theyre good at

POTW!

BP, you need to start the game thread next week!

So, it is Tebow time.

If you really believe it, take mark down from the banner, put up Tim, and free Courtney Aurillo!

Sanchez sucks so bad, tebow sucks much more.

now id like to ask you what from the limited action hes played makes u draw this conclusion? his one incompletion? 40 yard bomb that wasnt even a bad throw?

that locker room will probably lose all respect for rex if sanchez isnt benched. Where is the accountability? man is playing at the lowest level possible and still has job security who cares if tebow is worse. We dont know that and until tebow actually proves he is worse then you can say he sucks cause no one should be worse then sanchez

Oh my gosh, it is not Tebow time. He is not the answer. Uggghhh!!! All of our QBs are crap. All of them. Why the heck we have Tebow as a backup is beyond me.

He may not be "the answer" but you have to make a change to see if they can do something. Sunday's game was pathetic. Sanchez deserves to be benched.

And Tebow is our backup because we have an owner who would rather win the back page weekly than a silver trophy in february.

Was anyone impressed with Tim's quicker release he was sportin yestaday or was I the only Tebes homer that noticed ? I even saw some Breesish, sort of Warneresque side arm in there.. Gannon noticed.. I am surprised no one else noticed but me and Rich Gannon.. That says something right there... not sure what but something.

The right way to think of this is not that it's Tim Tebow time, what it is though is: TIME FOR ANOTHER QUARTERBACK to start for the New York Jets...it has nothing to do with who it is that is the replacement it's all about thge current guy can't get it done. Tebow, McElroy,or Jeremy Kerley who throws a damn good ball

He may not be "the answer" but you have to make a change to see if they can do something. Sunday's game was pathetic. Sanchez deserves to be benched.

And Tebow is our backup because we have an owner who would rather win the back page weekly than a silver trophy in february.

Based on performance, 75% of the team deserves to be benched.

Its McElroy time !!

We can bring in Tebow but i think deep down we know this is a temporary situation if we do. If we dont give McElroy a shot then why the **** did we bother drafting him ?

The way Tebow has been used is borderline moronic. Yesterday vs the Sehawks was the worst usage of him yet. Quite honestly the guy should not even be on this football team he is not an NFL caliber QB and never will be.

Sanchez should be benched. I don't care who starts in his place.

This team is unwatchable. At least someone else behind center might generate some interest, even if it's like watching pre-season.

There are problems all over this team. But for the HC to not hold the most responsible one accountable shows that he will hold no one responsible.

Really don't know what they could possibly do until 2014. Tannenbaum/Woody f*cked this team good and hard with those contracts to Sanchez and Holmes and Harris. I'm sure there is significant Woody Johnson influence with some of the contracts (Sanchez the most notable), but Tannenbaum has not earned the job of rebuilding.

In the meantime, Sanchez has to go to the bench. He isn't even fit to be a backup in this league.

Doesn't matter really...Rex has zero clue how an offense can produce points...Rex is the ultimate one trick pony.

Doesn't matter really...Rex has zero clue how an offense can produce points...Rex is the ultimate one trick pony.

Fear that this is the truth. Rex Ryan, like his dad, doesn't know nor care about offense. Nobody with brain function could've wathed that first half and sent Pick 6 back out for another 30 minutes.

Its McElroy time !!

We can bring in Tebow but i think deep down we know this is a temporary situation if we do. If we dont give McElroy a shot then why the **** did we bother drafting him ?

The way Tebow has been used is borderline moronic. Yesterday vs the Sehawks was the worst usage of him yet. Quite honestly the guy should not even be on this football team he is not an NFL caliber QB and never will be.

because the Jets NEVER give the 3rd string QB a shot unless they have no other choice. It took how many injured QBs going down before Bollinger got a chance-they even signed a retired player to get his ass off the couch to start before him...Does Tom Tupa evoke any memories here? You know what's effed up, every other year the Jets (with their $hit luck) have the starting QB get hurt and we all sit here and say "woe is us-WHY us?" The one year that we wouldn't actually MIND seeing our QB get knocked out, what happens? Nothing, he stays healthy as a rock....so again, here we go..."Woe is us"

now I know I know NOBODY wants to see a player get hurt but every player does...except Mark Sanchez in 2012

The way Tebow has been used is borderline moronic.

The fact the Jets are actually trying to use a 2 QB system is moronic. I <3 Rex, but its time to blow this bitch up. If the guys making decisions on your team thinks that a 2 QB system could work and is blindly loyal to Mark Sanchez, its bye bye time.

I've never seen anything this moronic in my entire life at the NFL level.

Sanchez should be benched. I don't care who starts in his place.

This team is unwatchable. At least someone else behind center might generate some interest, even if it's like watching pre-season.

There are problems all over this team. But for the HC to not hold the most responsible one accountable shows that he will hold no one responsible.

Really don't know what they could possibly do until 2014. Tannenbaum/Woody f*cked this team good and hard with those contracts to Sanchez and Holmes and Harris. I'm sure there is significant Woody Johnson influence with some of the contracts (Sanchez the most notable), but Tannenbaum has not earned the job of rebuilding.

In the meantime, Sanchez has to go to the bench. He isn't even fit to be a backup in this league.

No Matter what QB steps into this dysfunctional mess its going to be unwatchable. Sanchez decline is obvious (highlighted for Sanchez haters) but so is the complete and total mess surrounding him that includes the players and the coaches and everything associated with them.

Rex - like a typical dumb ass this guys tells everyone he knows nothing about offense. How with as many years of prepping for offense and being around football can you make this statement and not have anything to add in the meeting room ? WTF kind of moron does it take to make this statement to the football world and not look like a total jackass.

Sparano - may be worse than Shotty. This team is very very poorly coached.

Cavanaugh - why the **** is this guy still here ?

WR's - Drops, bad routes, just terrible. They cant even run proper back shoulder routes without getting out muscled for the football by DB's.

RB's - Pretty much nothing to speak of in any aspect of the position. Had to love the free blitzers yesterday while our crack RB crew just ran up behind center and picked up no one.

Keep in mind NONE of the six issues I mentioned above changes with a new QB, if you think they do, then your not paying attention.

As for Sanchez

What I have started to see this season is I do not think Sanchez has the demeanor to play the QB position in the NFL. I thought this would get better but it has not. You could see times that hes frustrated with other players but he just does not get fired up enough to get in their ****ing face and hold them accountable. At some point as a QB you should be getting downright pissed off but he just seems to be shrugging it off like "oh well" type sh*t and this is where hes losing me completely. His protection of the football in the pocket while under extreme pressure has never improved and this pisses me off as well because this is his single worst trait and he still seems to hold the ball out there so DL can swat at it and cause fumbles. Its understood while scrambling as a QB you cant tuck the ball, but while in the pocket with pressure, or an imminent hit on the way, you must protect the ball.

McElroy's time to show something. But as previously mentioned the Jets are too stupid to give him a chance.

No Matter what QB steps into this dysfunctional mess its going to be unwatchable. Sanchez decline is obvious (highlighted for Sanchez haters) but so is the complete and total mess surrounding him that includes the players and the coaches and everything associated with them.

Rex - like a typical dumb ass this guys tells everyone he knows nothing about offense. How with as many years of prepping for offense and being around football can you make this statement and not have anything to add in the meeting room ? WTF kind of moron does it take to make this statement to the football world and not look like a total jackass.

Sparano - may be worse than Shotty. This team is very very poorly coached.

Cavanaugh - why the **** is this guy still here ?

WR's - Drops, bad routes, just terrible. They cant even run proper back shoulder routes without getting out muscled for the football by DB's.

RB's - Pretty much nothing to speak of in any aspect of the position. Had to love the free blitzers yesterday while our crack RB crew just ran up behind center and picked up no one.

Keep in mind NONE of the six issues I mentioned above changes with a new QB, if you think they do, then your not paying attention.

As for Sanchez

What I have started to see this season is I do not think Sanchez has the demeanor to play the QB position in the NFL. I thought this would get better but it has not. You could see times that hes frustrated with other players but he just does not get fired up enough to get in their ****ing face and hold them accountable. At some point as a QB you should be getting downright pissed off but he just seems to be shrugging it off like "oh well" type sh*t and this is where hes losing me completely. His protection of the football in the pocket while under extreme pressure has never improved and this pisses me off as well because this is his single worst trait and he still seems to hold the ball out there so DL can swat at it and cause fumbles. Its understood while scrambling as a QB you cant tuck the ball, but while in the pocket with pressure, or an imminent hit on the way, you must protect the ball.

McElroy's time to show something. But as previously mentioned the Jets are too stupid to give him a chance.

Sanchez haters? You're still doing that. The guy is awful and was awful and always will be awful. I can't believe any Jets fan could possibly like him. The teams he inherited were ready SB teams, good enough to earn bye weeks and home games. That went away when we drafted this bust and handed the team to him with no legitimate backup QB. I said it back then that he had no business starting from game 1 of his rookie year. Little did I know then that he wasn't even worth drafting in the first place.

Next, Sanchez can't get into anyone's face because who is he to criticize anyone else's play when he's the worst of the bunch?

He's a total zero at QB and a total zero as a team leader. And he's locked in here for next year unless Woody is willing to pay him about $10M cash to go to another team (assuming someone else even wants him as their #2 or #3).

So where are all the people to now tell me how the Sanchez extension wasn't really an extension and that it only cost the team $2.5M or other such foolishness? He would have been benched already and we would have been free and clear of him with some $20M more cap space just for the 2013 season alone.

Rex can't bench him now because locking up Sanchez long-term was probably half his brilliant idea (so if he benches a healthy Sanchez 8-10 games into a new deal he lobbied for, then he's gone). The other half of the push for locking up Sanchez longer likely came from Woody, who famously said after the 2008 season with Favre that he would never again have another QB who wasn't a "name" player (which Sanchez clearly is). So your pipe dreams of McElroy starting even 1 football game over either a healthy Sanchez or a healthy Tebow are just that. It will never happen unless both of them are on IR.

Archived