What's this TailgateJoe??

joebabyny

Well, it looks like its gonna be one of those seasons, we have all been there before. The best part of the game day experience now shifts to the pregame festivities. I always hear during these rougher seasons that without getting together with friends before kickoff to kick back and enjoy being outside and eating some good grub, they wouldn't even bother going to the game. One thing I can promise over the last 3 home games is we will not slack off!

Some of you have stopped by my party in the past, but many haven't. We shot this little clip last week at the Dolphins game so that people can see what we are up to. Check out Duane, who did an incredible job talking me up in an impromptu sound bite. Much appreciated! Anywho, if any of you haven't been by in a while or ever, definitely come by, it's a good time and the food, it doesn't suck!

Good thing you caught me before the game, you would of had to have your finger on the edit button for most of the interview after that nightmare!

Joe as at every home game you did a bang up job that day and I am looking forward to seeing you , your family and everyone else that gathers at the Taligate Joe Party (even Max) on Thanksgiving night!!

As I said in the video when the JETS suck hanging out having a few beers with other miserable Jet fans before the game is a great time and the only way I think we can make it through this mess.

Keep up the great work and see you on the 22nd.

I missed the canoli? Damn. I shouldn't have bothered to go in to the game. I made sure I got the steak sandwich though. Killer.

FWIW, isn't the next home game Nov 22? The vid says Pats at Jets Nov 11 which was the date of the at Seattle abomination.

Yeah but I'm too lazy to bother redoing it, lol

Joe, are you deep frying turkeys for Thanksgiving?

Ive heard thats the only way to cook em.

Fried is a great way to cook them, but the issue is we have limited time. We will be making probably at least 5 20-25lb birds. Wouldn't really have the time to do them in batches when you figure in the setup time and oil heating time. So that means having at least 5 turkey fryers. That also means gallons and gallons of boiling oil in those 5 setups in a parking lot surrounded by people drinking and tossing footballs. Frying 1 turkey is manageable, doing 5 or more not as much.

My parents house actually has a full commercial kitchen with real deal restaurant Vulcan ovens in the basement, plus an oven in the regular kitchen. I can cook 2 birds in each oven in the basement plus 1 in the oven upstairs no problem all at the same time. I then pull them out at slightly less temp then finished and toss them into a marine cooler. They come out of that cooler perfect. That was the gameplan last Tday game and it worked great.

Archived