Tebow the terrible. Jets mates rip QB - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Slauson said was relatively tame. The true bashers were of the anonymous variety.

I'm not saying his sources are false.. I'm saying it's noteworthy that there have been 2 very similar reports which have gained national attention by 1 reporter.

Lets not act like there has never been a case of a reporter embellishing for the sake of sensationalism. Again, not saying that's happening here. But it's fair to ask the question.

Slauson Freudian-slipped his way into how he feels about Sanchez. The next sentence after his obligatory "we have confidence in him" sentiment he essentially offered up that the team is stuck with him because they have no one else.

Have you ever seen our Jets like this? I don't ever remember our team being like this ever!

Being a Jet fan is like being a baseball closer. You have to have a short memory.

I don't know if it means coaches are badmouthing Tebow but it does mean Rex grossly overestimated the unity of the team. I've heard him say a dozen times that what happened last year won't happen this year. The players are unwittingly contributing to getting their guy fired.

They are supporting the starter. They are supporting the coach not pulling the plug on Sanchez despite the fans chanting for Tebow. This isn't the best way to go about it, but it isn't like this is some kind of mutiny. It gets kind of annoying listening to fans chant for a guy that sucks. IT was annoying to me and I was just watching the Dolphins game half in the bag.

I don't think I've ever hated a Jet team this much. Top to bottom I cannot ****ing stand them. From the sulking QB to the idiot coach to the horrible, horrible GM, to the joke of an owner to the "anonymous" players who rip a teammate like he's not a ****ing teammate. **** them all. I hope they lose every game this year and will root for that to happen. Let them all be wiped out like cockroaches and start fresh, clean house. I don't even want them to lose. I want them to get destroyed, embarrassed every week.

I've hated teams for being inept, but never have I hated them as human beings.

Slauson Freudian-slipped his way into how he feels about Sanchez. The next sentence after his obligatory "we have confidence in him" sentiment he essentially offered up that the team is stuck with him because they have no one else.

That is about the best anyone could have said about the situation. Again, management's fault.

but, but,but Tebow lead a team that had %1.8 percent of making the playoffs to the playoffs. He beat the Steelers. He is a great leader of men.

F-him. Worst move the Jets have made since they brought in Kotite.

Have fun wallowing at the bottom of the league with Sanchez.

If any of these "anonymous" players, or Slauson would have, individually, been on the Broncos last year, they would have been drinking the Kool Aid, despite seeing the same guy they are seeing now...in practice. And, they would have been in the second round of the playoffs.

Not one of them has the balls to say that Sanchez is terrible. Instead they rip the backup QB. Wow.

I don't think I've ever hated a Jet team this much. Top to bottom I cannot ****ing stand them. From the sulking QB to the idiot coach to the horrible, horrible GM, to the joke of an owner to the "anonymous" players who rip a teammate like he's not a ****ing teammate. **** them all. I hope they lose every game this year and will root for that to happen. Let them all be wiped out like cockroaches and start fresh, clean house. I don't even want them to lose. I want them to get destroyed, embarrassed every week.

I started a thread about this coming sunday. I hope that Shotty embarasses Rex. I hope the Pats destroy us. I want Rex out of here. I want Sparano out of here and any slapdick player as well. They have turned our Jets to sh*t.

If any of these "anonymous" players, or Slauson would have, individually, been on the Broncos last year, they would have been drinking the Kool Aid, despite seeing the same guy they are seeing now...in practice. And, they would have been in the second round of the playoffs.

Not one of them has the balls to say that Sanchez is terrible. Instead they rip the backup QB. Wow.

a lot of the Broncos players resented Tebow.

Same sentiments here. At least with Kotite, you knew who the villain was, and it was almost sad because he was so inept. And there were players that you could root for, and you saw hat the future could be.

Now, you have idiots with false bravado, who really believe they know what they are doing. And every move they makes sinks the future of the club into an abyss.

It is torture, because it does not feel like bottom has been hit.

Exactly....pussies. These guys are pussies.

Same sentiments here. At least with Kotite, you knew who the villain was, and it was almost sad because he was so inept. And there were players that you could root for, and you saw hat the future could be.

Now, you have idiots with false bravado, who really believe they know what they are doing. And every move they makes sinks the future of the club into an abyss.

It is torture, because it does not feel like bottom has been hit.

Usually, as a fan, you root for the laundry and that is enough. This time it is not.

But they didn't spout out about it to the media while he was on the team (or maybe I just don't remember it). The few that really resented him said so only after Denver traded him.

There was one player that said something anonymously at the beginning of the year, that Tebow was worse than the 4th string QB. It was assumed the anonymous source was Brandon Lloyd, who was promptly traded when Tebow started.

Even the stuff that was said after he left was along the lines of how happy the WR were to have Peyton Manning as the QB.....who the hell wouldn't be? None of them commented directly on Tebow

It's disgusting for us as fans.

Though these guys aren't the greatest geniuses in the world and what did the coach/GM/owner think would happen when they bring in a backup QB and, before he meets with his new teammates, they have him hold a press conference?

It's disgusting for us as fans.

Though these guys aren't the greatest geniuses in the world and what did the coach/GM/owner think would happen when they bring in a backup QB and, before he meets with his new teammates, they have him hold a press conference?

Keep in mind the only source who wasn't anonymous gave a relatively mild quote. From what I understand Manish is famous for "anonymous" sources. I wouldn't get too worked up by it, it could be just muckraking

This doesn't surprise me at all, except that only on the Jets would this poll take place, much less become public.

During training camp, Ron Jaworski, who knows a thing or two about playing QB, watched the two QBs all summer for Sportscenter, and said Sanchez is not only clearly better than Tebow, but his view of Sanchez improved watching him work and perform. He saw noticeable improvement in his skills.

As we can all clearly see, Sanchez should not be the QB, and is awful. But that just shows you how bad Tebow must have been in training camp. I'm sure every Jet player was curious about this Tim Tebow guy, and watched him like a hawk, to see what this guy is all about. Looks like he burst his own bubble when seen in the flesh.

So Sanchez is terrible. Tebow is "Horri-awful", as Shaq once famously said.

Strong, good-looking, lovely person, great for team chemistry, and all that crap, but not a pro QB.

So the Jets have Schotty and replace him with Sparano

The Jets players have Sanchez, and don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Doesn't matter. Half the team will be gone next year anyway.....

BD

This doesn't surprise me at all, except that only on the Jets would this poll take place, much less become public.

During training camp, Ron Jaworski, who knows a thing or two about playing QB, watched the two QBs all summer for Sportscenter, and said Sanchez is not only clearly better than Tebow, but his view of Sanchez improved watching him work and perform. He saw noticeable improvement in his skills.

As we can all clearly see, Sanchez should not be the QB, and is awful. But that just shows you how bad Tebow must have been in training camp. I'm sure every Jet player was curious about this Tim Tebow guy, and watched him like a hawk, to see what this guy is all about. Looks like he burst his own bubble when seen in the flesh.

Strong, good-looking, lovely person, great for team chemistry, and all that crap, but not a pro QB.

BD

Jaws also gushed about Kellen Clemens.

This team is a locker room full of dickwads.

All locker rooms are.

What separates the Jets from most teams is that there are people in charge who ensure that these types of admissions are not made to the press. They control their players and what they say. They set guidelines of the types of things you can talk to the media about. And they hold their players accountable.

Here, you have a guy (Rex), who expects his players to act mature because they are over the age of 18. He sets no guidelines of expected play or behavior. he does not have a penalty system, other than stripping "C"s off their jerseys.

He is running a fraternity house, where Flounder and Bluto are given free reign.

They are getting everything they deserve.

Good teams under good leaders usually circle the wagon under adversity...bad teams crumble and point fingers...leaders claim they were overcome by events...all symptoms of the same disease...poor leadership.

Its not getting better until it gets worse...the entire leadership team needs to go...attitude reflects leadership...and each day we learn more about the attitude of our New York Jets...all the rest are excuses for losing.

Wishing Woody would sell the team...probably not happening...so can only hope Tanny and Rex get sh*tcanned...then pray Woody gets lucky in the GM search...

BD

isnt jaws saying right now tebow should start?

I don't want to burst your bubble here, but I don't think Ron Jaworski is a particularly astute judge of QBs. I think he's a commentator who says what he thinks fans want to hear. He was covering the Jets TC, so he found positives to talk about with Sanchez. Remember, through most of TC and preseason, Sanchez was still having problems with his completion percentage as well as moving the ball.

When Jaworski was part of the MNF team for Trent Edwards' first start as a rookie against Dallas, he absolutely gushed over Edwards, and I do mean, "gushed". Never mind that Edwards' miscues (NOT to mention Jauron's play NOT to lose by too much mentality) lost that game, Jaworski cemented the myth among Buffalo fans that Trent Edwards was a decent QB. He wasn't.

Good teams under good leaders usually circle the wagon under adversity...bad teams crumble and point fingers...leaders claim they were overcome by events...all symptoms of the same disease...poor leadership.

Its not getting better until it gets worse...the entire leadership team needs to go...attitude reflects leadership...and each day we learn more about the attitude of our New York Jets...all the rest are excuses for losing.

Wishing Woody would sell the team...probably not happening...so can only hope Tanny and Rex get sh*tcanned...then pray Woody gets lucky in the GM search...

Yeah, the Jets crumble under adversity.

The players annonymously ripped Sanchez last year so them mouthing off about Tebow this year is nothing surprising.

I am surprised an the annonymous team officials subtly ripping Tannenbaum. Calling the WR crew "garbage" and worse than college players is a direct indictment of the GM.

Sanchez sucks and I don't think the WRs are that bad, but for the officials to say it--that's telling.

The whole article and quotes takes shots at the general manager by saying that the receivers Sanchez is playing with are not as good as college receivers and saying that they have only one real QB outside of Sanchez and that there is no comparison as to who gives the best chance to win. Those are very damning statements for the person or people acquiring the talent.

Archived