Tebow the terrible. Jets mates rip QB - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players ripping Tebow are gutless cowards other than Slausen. Also the idea that he could be worse than Sanchez at this point is pretty unbelievable. The idea that you're ripping the BACKUP QB when you are getting the worst QB production is the NFL is just laughable.

Cutting Sanchezs turnover by 50% is improvement.

Tebow can complete 50% of his passes too.

The players ripping Tebow are gutless cowards other than Slausen. Also the idea that he could be worse than Sanchez at this point is pretty unbelievable. The idea that you're ripping the BACKUP QB when you are getting the worst QB production is the NFL is just laughable.

The news here is NOT that Jet players prefer a particular QB to another (Most locker rooms have this). The news here is that the NYJ organization has not given its players explicit instructions that team mechanics and player evaluations are internal and confidential communications that are not for the media's take.

This is the same type of stuff that we got from an admitted locker room with no control from the top, which obviously has not been fixed.

these people should not be running an organization.

The news here is NOT that Jet players prefer a particular QB to another (Most locker rooms have this). The news here is that the NYJ organization has not given its players explicit instructions that team mechanics and player evaluations are internal and confidential communications that are not for the media's take.

This is the same type of stuff that we got from an admitted locker room with no control from the top, which obviously has not been fixed.

these people should not be running an organization.

If this was team sanctioned yapping they would've attached a name to it. Dealing with what to say in the media is about number 193 on the list of the incompetencies of this front office.

Our receiver suck but this is hardly the reason. I've seen some bad drops but I see that every week all over the league. The Jets don't have a single receiver in the top 25 or so in drops this year.

Demaryius Thomas is #4 in the NFL in dropped passes this year. Eric Decker is tied for #5. They were both among the league's worst in this category last year also. Despite your claim that he sucks now and that his career is over, Peyton Manning is still awesome even with his butterfingers targets.

Dez Bryant and Jason Witten are also tied for #5 most dropped passes.

Jimmy Graham is #1. Despite missing all of 1 game and part of another, no one has dropped more passes this year than Jimmy Graham.

If you're going to make statistical claims, at least have some statistical basis for making them.

Every team has receivers make brutal drops. Despite all the no-name guys we're trotting out there, when compared to the rest of the league they are not uniquely bad in this category unless you can find some stat to the contrary.

Yup.

WR is a weakness. But, when they are open, the QB rarely is able to take advantage of it.

They constantly run wrong routes, and struggle big time against press coverage, and never fight for the ball.

You forgot to add never come back for the ball - which they don't. One used to some of the time but he got a boo boo on his foot. He had a tendency to lateral caught balls to the opposing defense and fk him anyway.

If this was team sanctioned yapping they would've attached a name to it. Dealing with what to say in the media is about number 193 on the list of the incompetencies of this front office.

The problem is that this organization allows players to speak freely to the press about team matters.

Anybody, anybody who leads people controls the message and makes sure that no one else gets involved.

With this regime, any slp dick is free to give their opinion.

the only thing this tells me is that tannenbaum really needs to be fired for this. how on earth do you go into a season without a viable option for QB2???

please please get rid of this ****ing guy

This is one of the few mistakes that can't be attributed to Tanny. Woody Johnson is not committed to building a winning team, he's committed to keeping the Jets in the headlines by forcing moves that are simply stupid. He wa shte one who forced Tanny to get Brett Favre, who didn't even want to play here in the first place. He wanted Tebow because the guy gets headlines and keeps fans coming through the turnstiles. That's it.

The Jets need to start over at QB. Sanchez is obviously not the answer. I thought for a while that it was Schottenheimer's conservative play calling that

was holding Sanchez back, but Sanchez, when the reigns are loosened, sucks. If he threw the ball off a pier more than 15 yards he'd probably miss the ocean. He is so bad under pressure that if he were on Jeopardy and the final question was "What's 1 + 1?" he'd probably get it wrong.

Get a new QB through the draft and let's start over at the position.

oh dude....you know who's behind it....the illuminati :winking0001:

Wow. While I certainly understand this sentiment, for it to be the point for players to come out and say it (and in the case of Slauson, publicly) is pretty crazy. It just proves that this trade was one of the dumbest things this team has ever done, and that's saying a lot.

Attacking a backup quarterback who averages 7 snaps a game, awesome, go get em Jets!

What a bunch of losers.

The media is turning the NFL into the WWF.

That said, blow this mother****er up!!! Everyone must go. Felt that way before this article, feel even stronger now.

Unfortunately, it wont happen and every single player and coach we hate will be back for another season in 2013. Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you really convinced yourself that these sources aren't real?

I've convinced myself that Manish is stringing along a series of quotes to make the read as damning as possible. He's taking the most inflammatory parts he can without providing the context in which the statements were made.

And the more I think about it I'm a little skeptical about the whole thing... "more than a dozen" sources were willing to say Tebows not the answer yet he only has 3 one word quotes? It kind of stinks..

Yeah, the Jets crumble under adversity.

The players annonymously ripped Sanchez last year so them mouthing off about Tebow this year is nothing surprising.

I am surprised an the annonymous team officials subtly ripping Tannenbaum. Calling the WR crew "garbage" and worse than college players is a direct indictment of the GM.

Sanchez sucks and I don't think the WRs are that bad, but for the officials to say it--that's telling.

Mehta has a source...probably connected to Rex in some way...similar angles...darts more likely pointed at the offense...just guys trying to protect their jobs/reputation...the swipe at Tanny more likely a Rex-man making excuses for an unbalanced team...I blame all of them...wish we had a serious Jets fan with an extra billion who could buy Woody out...I realize this won't happen...hope Woody can get lucky with the next hire like Tom Benson did with the Saints...both clueless, rich football team owners...one wins a Super Bowl...the still waiting for the right hire.

If you are reading this Woody...Tanny and Rex are definitely not it.

That is about the best anyone could have said about the situation. Again, management's fault.

It rots form the head in every way. And that's right up to Woody Johnson's door.We are entering the same situation that the Knicks have with james Dolan or the Mets with the Wilpons; an owner who knows just enough to think he has a clue but ends up making a total mess instead.

I cannot fault Tebow. I can fault a dumb owner for encouraging thi bad idea. After watching Sanchez suck and not having a real bacukup for 3 years, they didn't keep Stanton and brought in Tebow.that was criminal. Would suggest this collection of sniping loser pussies put their names to this drivel But they get their cues from management.

And at this point what is the story with McElroy; could he be any worse?

I've convinced myself that Manish is stringing along a series of quotes to make the read as damning as possible. He's taking the most inflammatory parts he can without providing the context in which the statements were made.

And the more I think about it I'm a little skeptical about the whole thing... "more than a dozen" sources were willing to say Tebows not the answer yet he only has 3 one word quotes? It kind of stinks..

He gets paid to write commentary to hold our attention...since the product on the field cannot...the rest is just crap from the small-minded Jets employees trying to keep their jobs...nothing new to see here...unless Rex or someone in the organization is willing to admit they were told that wholesale changes are coming...which would be appreciated but unlikely.

Archived