Tebow the terrible. Jets mates rip QB - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

JIF you may very well be righ about Sanchez we know hes playing bad ... but no matter how we feel he gets another season with a guaranteed contract. I would be willing to bet if the Jets somehow were to land Sean Payton and get some real skill players in here you would see a different Sanchez. I could be wrong as well but you never know.

I actually do know. I know he'd continue to suck big hairy balls. I dont care what coordinator you pair him with, Sanchez sucks. He's a mental midget, who couldnt inspire a group of dogs to eat chicken wings. His skill set is mediocre at best and his ceiling was more than likely reached last season when he tanked down the stretch and ruined an 8-5 record playoff run.

I promise you, Schotty, Cavanaugh, Sparano, your boy Pennington and who ever the **** else he's talked to has coached him on taking care of the ball, making decisive reads, going through his progressions, footwork, accuracy, and everything else he sucks at but he's incapable of learning and improving so what the point? Load him up with skills players and watch him miss them with poor accuracy or just the flat out inability to find the open man. We've all seen enough now. The kid sucks.

Worst part is, everyone will return in 2013. Book it.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super-rookie Doug Martin has 8 drops in 9 games.

The Jets are not uniquely horrible in this category. Show me a table that shows the Jets as a team drop a higher percentage of passes than receivers (or backs) of other teams.

You watch the Jets so you notice it on the Jets. Doesn't make it any less frustrating for you or for me, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen to everyone less or less significantly.

I had seen this a few weeks ago. This was the stats for Week 1 thru 7. Not sure if an updated table is available. If anyone does please post. But JETS were the 4th worst in the league in drops/target. So yes our WR's are not doing a great job.

http://espn.go.com/b...-through-week-7

My guess is you'll get laughed at for this statement by idiots who know pretty much nothing about the QB position or football in general. They expect a guy like Penny who led a Dolphins team to 11-5 and a division title (in his first year there) to do well against a Ravens defense in the playoffs with no one at the WR position while his OL was getting blown up by the Ravens as well. Same way they expected him to do well against a Raiders defense that exposed the hell out of our offense in 02. Problem was when Penny showed promise the Jets removed talent rather than adding it. But you know Penny Sucks Sanchez Sucks and Just about every QB in the NFL sucks unless your Name is Drew Brees Aaron Rodgers Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. The highlight film warrriors who know little to nothing about football.

Dude I dont give a **** what you think you have proven wrong, so please get that through your freakin head . I have already acknowledged Sanchez has played bad if you would take your head out of your ass long enough to recognise that fact. That does not, however, mean I think its all his fault. Your childish chant of Sanchez Sucks is getting old and Like I stated, I no longer wish to argue the subject. If you feel differntly then fine move the hell on but dont make statements that people are clueless.

Oh, sweet irony.

They expect a guy like Penny who led a Dolphins team to 11-5 and a division title (in his first year there) to do well against a Ravens defense in the playoffs with no one at the WR position while his OL was getting blown up by the Ravens as well. Same way they expected him to do well against a Raiders defense that exposed the hell out of our offense in 02.

The delusional view of that season continues... the '08 Dolphins might have had the most favorable schedule in NFL history with respect to strength of opponents' defenses. Here are the rankings for points allowed/yards allowed/passing yards for the teams they beat:

NYJ - 18/16/29

NE - 8/10/11

SD - 15/25/31

BUF - 14/14/13

DEN - 30/29/26

SEA - 25/30/32

OAK - 24/27/10

STL - 31/28/19

SF - 23/13/20

KC - 29/31/28

As you can see, the only thing resembling a good defense that Pennington beat that season was New England, in a game in which Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown rushed for a combined 216 yards (clearly because Belichick was so worried about Pennington beating him over the top that he played dime the entire game).

Miami's losses that season:

NYJ - 18/16/29

AZ - 28/19/22

NE - 8/10/11

HOU - 27/22/16

BAL - 3/2/2

They played one top-tier defense for an entire 16-game schedule and then again in the playoffs - games in which Pennington threw a combined 5 picks (2 pick-6's).

Verdict: Pennington sucks. So does Sanchez.

I had seen this a few weeks ago. This was the stats for Week 1 thru 7. Not sure if an updated table is available. If anyone does please post. But JETS were the 4th worst in the league in drops/target. So yes our WR's are not doing a great job.

http://espn.go.com/b...-through-week-7

PFF has much different drop stats than those. According to them the Jets drop the ball at a rate of 6.8%, league average is 6.7%

they also have the O-line ranked as 14th

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/13/offensive-line-rankings-week-10-update/

From Rotoworld:

Responding to anonymous Jets players ripping Tim Tebow in a New York Daily News article, coach Rex Ryan insisted he's happy Tebow is a Jet, but that "we never brought him on here to be the starting quarterback."

"I absolutely wanted Tim here," Ryan claimed. "His hard work is paying off. I think he is improving fundamentally." That must not appear to be the case in practice, as there would otherwise be no reason for the Jets not to turn to Tebow over an embarrassingly bad Mark Sanchez. Playing his worst football since his rookie year in 2009, Sanchez is sporting a 70.4 QB rating, 6.3 YPA, 10:9 TD:INT ratio and 52.0 completion percentage through nine games. If the Jets aren't willing to turn to Tebow now, it's fair to say his acquisition was little more than a publicity stunt that's spectacularly backfired.

Related: Mark Sanchez

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Nov 14 - 1:29 PM

11-5

AFCE Champs

2nd place in voting for NFL MVP

you can't dispute those facts no matter what #'s you throw at us.

You have to love it, the QB gets all the credit for the success and none of the blame for the failures, is that about right? You can't make this sh*t up.

Of course, as you parade around about the record and division win, you seem to opt not to cite the fact that they won the division on tie-breakers and only had the opportunity to do so due to two superior teams in the division sustaining injuries to their starting QBs. Not to mention the fact that Penny is still bleeding out of his ass from the raping the Ravens gave him.

You have to love it, the QB gets all the credit for the success and none of the blame for the failures, is that about right? You can't make this sh*t up.

Of course, as you parade around about the record and division win, you seem to opt not to cite the fact that they won the division on tie-breakers and only had the opportunity to do so due to two superior teams in the division sustaining injuries to their starting QBs. Not to mention the fact that Penny is still bleeding out of his ass from the raping the Ravens gave him.

Receivers, O-Line, and root trees.

Lather, rinse, and repeat. Always repeat.

ChadPennington.jpg

I took a quick look. Those look like offensive line rakings not passes dropped.

the dropped passes are unfortunately in their premium stats section, I will post what they have in there if you are willing to take my word for it :), don't blame you if not

The teams embarrassing. These are the kind of things you can blame Rex for. Talking the talk but not walking the walk, and when you don't walk the walk you bash a teammate and keep it off the record like a coward. Then again, Manish Mehta has developed a knack for getting controversial quotes from unnamed jets/ sources. I sense a little yellow journalism may be in place.

I would have liked to seen the stats for each team as they stand at end of Week 10 and see where we stand amongst all teams. Just my personal curiosty.

name team attempts drops drop rate

Joe Flacco BLT 309 12 3.88%

Philip Rivers SD 300 12 4.00%

Andy Dalton CIN 315 14 4.44%

Ben Roethlisberger PIT 316 15 4.75%

Christian Ponder MIN 316 15 4.75%

Cam Newton CAR 271 13 4.80%

Michael Vick PHI 316 16 5.06%

Matt Ryan ATL 351 19 5.41%

Kevin Kolb ARZ 183 10 5.46%

Josh Freeman TB 273 15 5.49%

Tony Romo DAL 344 19 5.52%

Alex D. Smith SF 217 12 5.53%

Sam Bradford SL 289 16 5.54%

Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF 296 17 5.74%

Eli Manning NYG 364 23 6.32%

Matt Hasselbeck TEN 221 14 6.33%

Carson Palmer OAK 375 24 6.40%

Russell Wilson SEA 253 17 6.72%

Mark Sanchez NYJ 294 20 6.80%

John Skelton ARZ 172 12 6.98%

Andrew Luck IND 362 26 7.18%

Matt Schaub HST 275 20 7.27%

Tom Brady NE 358 27 7.54%

Jay Cutler CHI 255 20 7.84%

Ryan Tannehill MIA 280 22 7.86%

Matthew Stafford DET 388 31 7.99%

Drew Brees NO 374 30 8.02%

Matt Cassel KC 261 21 8.05%

Peyton Manning DEN 330 27 8.18%

Robert Griffin III WAS 262 24 9.16%

Aaron Rodgers GB 327 30 9.17%

Brandon Weeden CLV 336 31 9.23%

Blaine Gabbert JAX 276 27 9.78%

Jake Locker TEN 127 14 11.02%

name team attempts drops drop rate

Joe Flacco BLT 309 12 3.88%

Philip Rivers SD 300 12 4.00%

Andy Dalton CIN 315 14 4.44%

Ben Roethlisberger PIT 316 15 4.75%

Christian Ponder MIN 316 15 4.75%

Cam Newton CAR 271 13 4.80%

Michael Vick PHI 316 16 5.06%

Matt Ryan ATL 351 19 5.41%

Kevin Kolb ARZ 183 10 5.46%

Josh Freeman TB 273 15 5.49%

Tony Romo DAL 344 19 5.52%

Alex D. Smith SF 217 12 5.53%

Sam Bradford SL 289 16 5.54%

Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF 296 17 5.74%

Eli Manning NYG 364 23 6.32%

Matt Hasselbeck TEN 221 14 6.33%

Carson Palmer OAK 375 24 6.40%

Russell Wilson SEA 253 17 6.72%

Mark Sanchez NYJ 294 20 6.80%

John Skelton ARZ 172 12 6.98%

Andrew Luck IND 362 26 7.18%

Matt Schaub HST 275 20 7.27%

Tom Brady NE 358 27 7.54%

Jay Cutler CHI 255 20 7.84%

Ryan Tannehill MIA 280 22 7.86%

Matthew Stafford DET 388 31 7.99%

Drew Brees NO 374 30 8.02%

Matt Cassel KC 261 21 8.05%

Peyton Manning DEN 330 27 8.18%

Robert Griffin III WAS 262 24 9.16%

Aaron Rodgers GB 327 30 9.17%

Brandon Weeden CLV 336 31 9.23%

Blaine Gabbert JAX 276 27 9.78%

Jake Locker TEN 127 14 11.02%

Thanks.

If i am counting correctly we are 20th out of 35. So we are not the worst but definitely below average!

A couple of things:

1 - Tebow IS a terrible QB. He's so bad that Sanchez is still the best option and the players know it. Think about it.

2 - MM has been out to rip the Jets ever since they made him look like an idiot last winter/spring. these anonymous sources are BS and it's the second time he's written an article using anonymous quotes to cause issues. of course, if it is players, unless it's real thing (like bountygate in New Orleans) then put your name on it. Slauson is getting next to no sh*t for what he said from what I've heard so far. he put his name on it. but because they're anonymous quotes, they could be janitors in the building. the ONLY purpose of this article is to stir the sh*t. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the Daily News & Meta again.

3 - This should be a wake up call to Tannenbaum and hopefully Woody. The players think they were more interested in selling tickets than winning games and they're rebelling before your eyes. Too many media members are acting as though Tebow is this great weapon who is going to lead the Jets to glory and clearly the players think the very idea of that is a joke. It should also help Ryan because Damien Woody may be right at this point. Maybe Rex hasn't pulled Sanchez because he knows he'll have a full blown mutiny on his hands if he does.

Thanks.

If i am counting correctly we are 20th out of 35. So we are not the worst but definitely below average!

absolutely below average hands for sure, league average is 6.71%, remove the outliers and it is probably more like 6.6% so slightly above average, but not nearly Jacksonville or Denver bad. Of course drops arent 100% indicitave of talent overall either

A couple of things:

1 - Tebow IS a terrible QB. He's so bad that Sanchez is still the best option and the players know it. Think about it.

2 - MM has been out to rip the Jets ever since they made him look like an idiot last winter/spring. these anonymous sources are BS and it's the second time he's written an article using anonymous quotes to cause issues. of course, if it is players, unless it's real thing (like bountygate in New Orleans) then put your name on it. Slauson is getting next to no sh*t for what he said from what I've heard so far. he put his name on it. but because they're anonymous quotes, they could be janitors in the building. the ONLY purpose of this article is to stir the sh*t. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the Daily News & Meta again.

3 - This should be a wake up call to Tannenbaum and hopefully Woody. The players think they were more interested in selling tickets than winning games and they're rebelling before your eyes. Too many media members are acting as though Tebow is this great weapon who is going to lead the Jets to glory and clearly the players think the very idea of that is a joke. It should also help Ryan because Damien Woody may be right at this point. Maybe Rex hasn't pulled Sanchez because he knows he'll have a full blown mutiny on his hands if he does.

out of curiosity if it came out that Slauson made those comments during training camp and not recenltly would it change you mind at all about the way the team views Tebow?

absolutely below average hands for sure, league average is 6.71%, remove the outliers and it is probably more like 6.6% so slightly above average, but not nearly Jacksonville or Denver bad. Of course drops arent 100% indicitave of talent overall either

Denver has Payton Manning so they can get away with all that.....and Jax is probably the only team worse than us right now.

out of curiosity if it came out that Slauson made those comments during training camp and not recenltly would it change you mind at all about the way the team views Tebow?

why? there's no indication that's the case. this article says nothing about his ability to be a great runner or his work ethic. he's not a good QB and everyone knows that, the players probably most of all. what's shameful about this is that they bashed the guy anonymously. they're probably sick of fielding Tebow questions and they're venting because the team's got issues and all anyone in the media (and some fans) asks/talk about is Tebow.

slighlty below average at this point, but not a significant outlier at this point, I do feel there are problems at WR that arent reflected in drops though. Seperation and route crispness are a problem

yea well .1 idk how much makes a difference but yea. Separation is where it is for me. We have seen separation 2 players were wide open on sanchez's pick in the red zone last week so idk. A good Qb makes those reads and can manipulate the defense with his eyes

why? there's no indication that's the case. this article says nothing about his ability to be a great runner or his work ethic. he's not a good QB and everyone knows that, the players probably most of all. what's shameful about this is that they bashed the guy anonymously. they're probably sick of fielding Tebow questions and they're venting because the team's got issues and all anyone in the media (and some fans) asks/talk about is Tebow.

According to Rex Ryan in his presser, according to his understanding of the situation those quotes were made much earlier this season. Said he found it "interesting" that they are only coming out now

yea well .1 idk how much makes a difference but yea. Separation is where it is for me. We have seen separation 2 players were wide open on sanchez's pick in the red zone last week so idk. A good Qb makes those reads and can manipulate the defense with his eyes

true, but by and large they have not been getting too open. Not saying it never ever happens, analyzing one play at a time does no good. It doesn't matter if 1 play a guy was wide open if it only happens 25% of the time

word on the street is those Slauson comments were from training camp. scumbag move from Mehta to rehash old quotes to give the appearance of a locker room in disarray.

so the new/relevant parts of this article are 3 short quips from anonymous sources despite the fact he said a dozen members of the Jets felt that way.

is this the part where I pat myself on the back like the Ape for my foresight in calling out the shady looking article?

Mehta sucks.

Archived