how many games do the jets have to lose to make jarvis jones a reality?

ylekram

It's one of many things this team needs. Keep neglecting the offense and then wonder why the offense is terrible. Yes, the OLBs are old and slow, but the defense is not why we're losing these games.

sanchez is alot of the problem,and with his contract,doesnt look like he is going anywhere till 2014.with a decent vet receiver/running back aquisition,and homles back, hill in his second year,and kerley shinning,top pick has got to go with a pass rush.jones fits the bill

It's one of many things this team needs. Keep neglecting the offense and then wonder why the offense is terrible. Yes, the OLBs are old and slow, but the defense is not why we're losing these games.

The NFL has moved in the direction that has made the two most important positions on a football field, QB and pass-rusher and nothing else is even remotely close. An elite pass-rusher makes our entire defense better; picking that high, there's not an offensive player worthy of the selection, unless geno smith is available.

How does Jones compare to Von Miller?

His first step is not as good as miller's, but he's better in just every other aspect. That could be a tad hyperbolic, but his instincts are definitely better, the kid just makes plays all over the field.. He's going to be a top 5 pick, probably to the browns. Through 8 games he's put up 56 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 17 TFLs, 5 forced fumbles, 28 QB hurries and he's done his best work against some of the top SEC teams. He's also done some of this on a bum ankle.

I don't know if you did, but I watched both games against Auburn and Florida and his numbers were insane: Against florida he had 13 total tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. His strip of Jordan Reed basically won the game for the Bulldogs and will go down as one of the plays of the year in the SEC.

Against Auburn he had four tackles, two TFLs, two sacks and five QB hurries.

Dude is legit and the one player I want more than anyone else in the draft, assuming Geno Smith is gone. ...which means we won't get him.

Haha. Just because you say so? That's fair.

We have a pretty good shot at picking top 5, if we lose all the games from here on out, not a likely possibility (probably win 2), we could get a top 5 pick. I imagine were having 5 wins this year, whether or not that will be enough for a 1st round pick, is beyond me. Of course if they end up starting someone besides Sanchez, than we might end up like the Dolphins, winning games that don't change anything. Of course that doesn't change the fact that I'm sick of Sanchez and would like to see someone different for once.

Archived