Anyone else rooting for a total implosion?

LionelRichie

The season is over. The only remaining question is just how ugly does this get and who the scapegoat for this debacle is?

The longer Rex stays with Sanchez and Sanchez keeps sucking the greater the theater. Almost impossible to excuse 8 consecutive quarters without an offensive TD - yet Rex swears that "Mark gives us the best chance to win". At some point he will have to give Tebow a shot. As soon as that happens the questions turn to Mark's future and his $8.5M guaranteed, which shines the spotlight on Tannenbaum's incompetence.

I really hope this gets ugly. It will at least be fun to watch.

I know the rule as a fan is never to root for a tanking. But if its the best thing for the longterm future of the franchise, why is that the case?

Sure, maybe only a few GM's, coaches, and free agents are going want to come here if we go 5-11. But this organization needs change from the top down, and the only way to purge ourselves of Mike Tannenbaum and the culture that's been created here is to start over. Finishing with less than 7 wins will probably do the trick, and get us a top 10 pick to boot.

Having said that, when Sunday rolls around, I'll still find myself watching and, at least outwardly, rooting hard to beat Schottenheimer and the Rams. Too much pride on a gameday to do anything else.

I would never do so. Even under Kotite.

Until now. It's clear if the Jets somehwo put any lipstick on this pig, Woody will try to bring back the same cast of goons.

Lose out in embarrassing fashion. Blow it all up.

But bugg these are meaningful games in November, as a fan you should be happy mon

I could live with 0 players from this roster.

Mangold is the only player on this team I'd argue on behalf of.

I firmly believe that the best CB in football does nothing but tie up money that should be spent on the other 23 starting positions. No team with the best CB in football wins the SB, however, the team with the best QBs in football seem to have a huge advantage.

I firmly believe that the best CB in football does nothing but tie up money that should be spent on the other 23 starting positions. No team with the best CB in football wins the SB, however, the team with the best QBs in football seem to have a huge advantage.

Losing Mangold would suck, but worth it, if it meant everybody else was gone too.

Root for my team to lose the last 7 games to draft an unproven rookie or make trades that probably won't work anyway? PASS

Same Question -- too see personel changes -- maybe

i suggest you listen to tanny interview on WFAn with Lumpy, u may change your mind to Yes Yes Yes

A great QB and the right HC can do miracles.

Revis is a great CB and I would love him on the Pats, but not for the amount of money he wants. The whole team would suffer just to pay him. The highest paid player should be the QB.

It's clear pretty much everyone should be made available, but I don't see how you can present an argument to save mangold and not revis. The center is arguably the one position on the line that gets the least return on it's investment; there is the least drop from the elite centers to the league average. That's completely not the case for CB. If someone blows us away for revis, I think you have to listen, but there's no compensation that will be able to mask his loss, considering Wilson has been such a fail. If we hit on Wilson and kept Cro, then I think you can trade Revis, but at this point signing him to a long term deal is probably better than losing him for a 3rd round compensatory pick.

agreed on Mangold being the only player I'd care about.

If this were last year's draft, with Luck and RG III at the top of the draft I'd be all in. This draft has the weakest top end in recent memory, no point

It's not just for the draft position, or even to get rid of Tannenbaum & Sanchez. I actually want to see just how ugly things can get with this team. Even during the Bollywood year the team at least outwardly held it together.

This team, with these personalities, and this HC has the potential for a meltdown of epic proportions.

So what's the point of tanking if the likes of the great Wilson can be had in the 3rd?

I dont know if Wilson is great or not.

Hes managing an NFL offense like Sanchez did 4 years ago and didnt cost a top 10 draft pick. All Im saying is that there has to be a QB in this draft that nobody is talking about that can succeed in the NFL.

If we can get rid of this regime.....

Tank the f'er!

I have a very hard time rooting for the Jets to lose, but I firmly believe that this regime of Rex/Tanny is such a debacle.

I hate the way the Jets have gone about pretty much everything since Rex got here.

3-13 baby, trim the rest of the fat!!!

A great QB and the right HC can do miracles.

Revis is a great CB and I would love him on the Pats, but not for the amount of money he wants. The whole team would suffer just to pay him. The highest paid player should be the QB.

Indeed. Revis is a luxury that is paid in spite of an offense in our case.

It's clear pretty much everyone should be made available, but I don't see how you can present an argument to save mangold and not revis. The center is arguably the one position on the line that gets the least return on it's investment; there is the least drop from the elite centers to the league average. That's completely not the case for CB. If someone blows us away for revis, I think you have to listen, but there's no compensation that will be able to mask his loss, considering Wilson has been such a fail. If we hit on Wilson and kept Cro, then I think you can trade Revis, but at this point signing him to a long term deal is probably better than losing him for a 3rd round compensatory pick.

Mangold doesn't command a salary that is detrimental to the rest of he team. Plus, I like him. Aside from that, I agree, I never said I'd argu hard for him.

agreed on Mangold being the only player I'd care about.

:)

Mangold doesn't command a salary that is detrimental to the rest of he team. Plus, I like him. Aside from that, I agree, I never said I'd argu hard for him.

:)

Haha that's the same argument I had when I was trying to explain to a friend why paying a center that much is worth it, even though the returns don't justify it. It came down to; well sh*t, I like him and looks like a ****ing viking. I'm a fan, I'm allowed irrational arguments every now and then. Also, could you imagine how worse Sanchez would be if he wasn't there to make half the line calls?

Archived