I would like the Jets to beat the Patriots.

Irish Jet

We're clearly going to win enough games to blow our chance at a good draft pick, but we're just as clearly going to accrue those wins against chumps like the Rams and Titans and Chargers, not against rivals like the Fins and Pats.

Jets football: catch the fever!

This is generally how it goes, but you forgot to add enough wins to renew job security.

The Jets will win giving us all some delusional hope only to lose to the Jags, elimination style.

This

I have no doubt we can take down the Patsies at home. Not saying we will, but if we play pretty much mistake free like we did today and we put sod in the birdcage of Tom Tom's helmet - we'll take them down.

It's a conundrum. The team is too old to consider it as building toward something, so you can't write off their sucking most of the year to growing pains, but it's also hard to want to cut the cut the cord on Rex altogether. Winning eight games is counter-productive if it means going into 2013 with Sanchez, Sparano, Rex, and Tannenbaum.

It does. And so we will.

I've been trying to conceptualizer the best case scenario. Maybe the Jets have a few nice wins down the stretch. Coples and Hill start to look like they belong, along with Ellis and Davis. This off-season, Sparano leaves to coach OL somewhere, we hire an OC with a pulse, and bring in a Bill Polian type as a pro personnel guy and tell him to find a QB. IMO, that's the best we can hope for outside of a total house cleaning

The Patriots are entirely beatable. Unfortunately, Gronk's injury will lead the Jets to be overconfident coming off their win against the Rams, and the Pats won't be quite that beatable on Thankgiving as a result.

Archived