Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game

Lily

Madhatter has been playing "get behind the Ape", but so has JIF. Which of them would know to do this, which has repeatedly done it every time he is scum and I am town?

JIF.

He's done nothing to scumhunt or be Batman. He's followed my lead, and offered little else except one post where he mock outrages about me connecting the dots. Almost like he was setting up a "I followed you, but still told you you were wrong" position for after SMC flipped town, if SMC is town. Also positions him to turn around and come at me on D2.

Unvote

Vote JIF

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have the least posts in the game, just sayin'. So all of you who are voting me for being "inactive" can GFY.

Ape, you switched to JIF basically due to meta, am I reading that right?

I voted JIF for not doing any work of his own, he's typically an avid scumhunter. He's riding my coat tails, something he does all the time if he is scum and I am town. I'm also voting him for following both of my votes, but then seeding doubt about my own play. This is a nuance that scum likes to sew into their play, they'll agree with a townie, but blatantly undermine the same person they agree with. So that if/when a townie gets lynched they have an established position of having followed someone they didn't entirely trust.

So it is partially meta, mostly his play.

Oh, and never having played a game with Cindy before, I'm having a hard time getting a read on him.

LOL

I don't have the least posts in the game, just sayin'. So all of you who are voting me for being "inactive" can GFY.

See bold below.

I'm fine with this, though what is your context for inactive. Post count doesn't matter, game content does. In that regard, JIF is about as inactive as I can recall ever seeing him on D1. He's playing "get behind the Ape" and the rest is just spam.

There's a part of me that feels low post count people are better left alone on D1. Go after those trying to actively influence a lynch on D1, like SMC for example and his garbage case, and leave the inactives for the investigative role(s) to contend with early on. This way I think you run a lower risk of outing power roles.

Ape, you switched to JIF basically due to meta, am I reading that right?

Due to meta? That's the backbone of JN Mafia. Feuds, emo meltdowns, meta, spideypics, crazy play, etc.

and that's actually got me closer to changing my vote than anything I've read so far.

go **** yourself. hard.

Ah....sorry? I shouldn't type first thing in the morning with no coffee. No offense meant.

And I've played one game here before, so pretty much everyone's meta is a mystery to me.

That was all it took for you to cement your devious reputation.

Ah yes, but I have played for years before. And I am devious by nature. This is really Cindy's second real game.

Pac should be allowed into this game just so we can speedlynch him.

I'd be down for that.

Question.

When SMC came at me, and I in turn went right back at him. Who were the early hop-on votes on both trains? Who voted with explanation that sounded valid, who voted with explanation that sounded like lip-service to cover a bandwagon vote, and who voted without any explanation at all?

While I feel good about seeing SMC and AVM get lynched based on their play so far, it is not lost on me that statistically it is more likely SMC and I are both town. Therefore, it can't be ignored that while both of use made loud cases it would very easy for scum to get behind either of us... additionally it wouldn't be surprising for scum to play both sides as it appears AVM and Leelou are doing to some degree. Influencing some things, but ultimately keeping their hands clean.

lol. Bravo...you always find a way to one up yourself.

lol. Bravo...you always find a way to one up yourself.

Stop acting like I kicked you in the pussy.

My game, as usual, is as fluid as my attention span allows it to be. I'm finding my comfort zone. Just because I type a lot doesn't mean I'm necessarily making all the observations and having all the realizations that are there to be had in the moment. I have to come back and look at things a second, third time sometimes.

Madhatter has been playing "get behind the Ape", but so has JIF. Which of them would know to do this, which has repeatedly done it every time he is scum and I am town?

JIF.

He's done nothing to scumhunt or be Batman. He's followed my lead, and offered little else except one post where he mock outrages about me connecting the dots. Almost like he was setting up a "I followed you, but still told you you were wrong" position for after SMC flipped town, if SMC is town. Also positions him to turn around and come at me on D2.

Unvote

Vote JIF

Oh look, Ape meta cased me on D1. Go figure.

Unvote

Vote Ape

LOL

Cool now we can spend the rest of the day reading his extensive explanation of "you coming at him" with an OMGUS vote when he nailed you.

I have noticed you not doing much. I wrote it off as you just getting back and not really into the game yet. More disconnected than laying low. Plus without more of the regular players it's a little different vibe. Personally the only read I have on you is a combination of bored and disconnected. Just like the last 3 years I banged my ex wife because it was easier than going to the gym.,

LOL

Cool now we can spend the rest of the day reading his extensive explanation of "you coming at him" with an OMGUS vote when he nailed you.

I have noticed you not doing much. I wrote it off as you just getting back and not really into the game yet. More disconnected than laying low. Plus without more of the regular players it's a little different vibe. Personally the only read I have on you is a combination of bored and disconnected. Just like the last 3 years I banged my ex wife because it was easier than going to the gym.,

I have no further explanation.

I'm just going to sit here and see if anyone else asks him to explain why he piggy-back all my votes, then as soon as I call him out on it, he votes me stupidly.

I have no further explanation.

I'm just going to sit here and see if anyone else asks him to explain why he piggy-back all my votes, then as soon as I call him out on it, he votes me stupidly.

Maybe he believes you are onto something? You have made some pretty sweet cases.

He usually isn;t this lazy as scum. Seems more disinterested townie to me.

Why does he seem more scum than Hatter? he hasn't done much more.

LOL

Pretty much spot on, you know your boopsie so well. Plus I dont have the energy right now to battle him. Go look, I responded to SMC first, then saw Ape call it "overselling", which I had basically already agreed with so I went ahead and voted...so that means I'm following him. lol

Personally, I'm not buying it. Seems to me like he ran up a townie, acted like he knew it all along and then switched to an easy D1 lynch. So I'm voting him. Call it omgus if you want, its not. I just find his play scummy. Wonder if he still think AVM is scum? lol

Stop acting like I kicked you in the pussy.

My game, as usual, is as fluid as my attention span allows it to be. I'm finding my comfort zone. Just because I type a lot doesn't mean I'm necessarily making all the observations and having all the realizations that are there to be had in the moment. I have to come back and look at things a second, third time sometimes.

You're the one who sounds butt hurt here, not me.

You accused me of trying to diffuse the situation (which would imply that I was implying both of you were town -- though we've already been there...I was doing no such thing).

Then...*shocking* you come up with the idea that both of you are town. And I'm still suspect to you.

The reason that I found it so funny? You typed it out like you're the first to have thought of this. It's quite funny, actually.

Archived