Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game

Lily

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that New Orleans market does nothing for Tulane when everyone down there is an LSU fan. The 18k home attendance in football and 2k home attendance in basketball are exactly what the Big East wants, I suppose. And for those that bash ECU's basketball (rightfully so), ECU has been better the past several years on the court and averages 4k per home game.

New Orleans has Bourbon Street.

Greenville, NC has......................

The obvious solution to this thread is to bring back the brawl mini game. Ape v AwesomeVM, with Cindy as the ring girl and teh Crusher as special guest referee.

Pac makes a special appearance as taco vendor.

I don't know what ring girl is but it sounds dirty so I'll do my best.

New Orleans has Bourbon Street.

Greenville, NC has......................

If we're talking about vacation destinations -- easy choice. This is for a conference desperately trying to survive. It's LSU country. If the purpose of this is to get more tv sets watching your product, they failed. People don't care about Tulane sports outside of baseball (which is very good, but provides little revenue as you know). ECU put tons of money into the new basketball facilities, paid a good coach to come in here and get things going in the right direction, and the fans will show up and tune in if the product isn't the garbage it had been for over a decade.

With attendance the problem is with the administration at Tulane. It's not the higher academic standards, but rather that they try to get a general pop of students from the northeast. When those students graduate, they leave. That's why they don't have even decent attendance numbers. All the locals are LSU fans, and the grads all retreat back to the northeast for the most part.

I wouldn't have had a problem with a program like Tulsa getting a full invite, or BYU obviously. I just don't see what benefit it is to their conference in reality.

With that said -- watch out for ECU to try to join CAA in other sports to replace ODU. The one silver lining would be playing UNCW in conference for baseball/basketball (from my perspective).

Thanks everyone, should know more tomorrow. I'm going to watch the snow fall and try to finally sleep.

The sleep is hard to come by when going through this type of stuff... at least it was for me. Went 3 full days without any when I first got out to Indiana to help with her father.

Hope you have better luck. You aren't doing him any favors if you don't take of yourself too... I learned that the hard way. :)

You were in the green room waiting your turn to go on and watching the infomericial for the Super Salad Shooter that not only cuts all your vegetables at once, but can hit your little brother on the forehead with a radish at 90 paces.

“I wonder what that would do to Verb’s balls..” mused 80.

Suddenly, the door was flung open and the network exec pointed at Kae. “Cancelled!” Then he pointed at Verbal. “Cancelled!” Without another word, he headed down the hall, leaving the door open.

gilligans-island.gif

Sakaea, Gilligan’s Island, roleless/vanilla townie, was cancelled

americanidol.jpg

Verbal, American Idol, Reality TV, has been cancelled

It is now Day 2. With 10 alive, you need 6 to lynch. Deadline Friday noon MST/2PM EST

You were in the green room waiting your turn to go on and watching the infomericial for the Super Salad Shooter that not only cuts all your vegetables at once, but can hit your little brother on the forehead with a radish at 90 paces.

“I wonder what that would do to Verb’s balls..” mused 80.

Suddenly, the door was flung open and the network exec pointed at Kae. “Cancelled!” Then he pointed at Verbal. “Cancelled!” Without another word, he headed down the hall, leaving the door open.

gilligans-island.gif

Sakaea, Gilligan’s Island, roleless/vanilla townie, was cancelled

americanidol.jpg

Verbal, American Idol, Reality TV, has been cancelled

It is now Day 2. With 10 alive, you need 6 to lynch. Deadline Friday noon MST/2PM EST

Dammit I knew random lynching Verb was the move. LOL

What'd I tell you guys? Now, when Verbal chimed to forge an argument about the truth of how I drown myself out, who was it that I was casing?

SMC? AVM? I'll got take a look, I don't even remember at this point.

Good job by scum pulling me off my early reads. You won't get that lucky twice though. :P

You're the one who said get the facts straight when I was ****ing talking about 80 you dumbass. I was referring to myself and Verb, who you have twisted the truth with. So don't sit there and say there are no facts when you told me to get my facts straight.

We can lynch this guy whenever you guys want.

If we're talking about vacation destinations -- easy choice. This is for a conference desperately trying to survive. It's LSU country. If the purpose of this is to get more tv sets watching your product, they failed. People don't care about Tulane sports outside of baseball (which is very good, but provides little revenue as you know). ECU put tons of money into the new basketball facilities, paid a good coach to come in here and get things going in the right direction, and the fans will show up and tune in if the product isn't the garbage it had been for over a decade.

With attendance the problem is with the administration at Tulane. It's not the higher academic standards, but rather that they try to get a general pop of students from the northeast. When those students graduate, they leave. That's why they don't have even decent attendance numbers. All the locals are LSU fans, and the grads all retreat back to the northeast for the most part.

I wouldn't have had a problem with a program like Tulsa getting a full invite, or BYU obviously. I just don't see what benefit it is to their conference in reality.

With that said -- watch out for ECU to try to join CAA in other sports to replace ODU. The one silver lining would be playing UNCW in conference for baseball/basketball (from my perspective).

Yeah, we've been desperate for a regional/intra-state rivalry. College of Charleston joining for all sports helps. Adding ECU for basketball and baseball would be even better.

Verbal is a dastardly person, but I believe he's accurate about this. Ape does use meta in his cases. They're not purely in game based analyses. There's comparison or reference to things outside the specific game in question. Now, we can quibble on whether that is in fact "meta" but if the definition is anything outside the game, then it is certainly meta.

I will also lynch this guy today.

Archived