Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game

Lily

Yep.

I'm tempted to just hammer him and live with the ribbing if I lose it for the town by doing so.

Frankly, he's sitting at L-1 and nobody is hammering him. If it was LYLO and he was town, scum would have dropped the hammer by now.

My fear is that he's the doc.

I'll be your Huckleberry.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That said, if he was town doc he'd be sure to check in at some point eventually (I'd think).

He wasn't overly active, but he was around it seemed. At some point if he hasn't shown up you gotta think he's the last scum. I suppose silencer role is a possibility but A--why would you silence someone who was already quiet and B--why would the first silence be day 3? Can't see that.

There are a couple other possibilities...but I'd rather wait to hear from Basel before sharing and giving scum (be that him or whoever) anything to manipulate.

Basel very well could be scum waiting for us to lynch someone else and I could be prolonging the game asking there not to be a hammer.

Odds are a lack of hammering either implies he's scum, all scum (1 or 2) are on the train already, or scum are afraid to hammer him and look bad if there's two and it's obvious to them he's the doc. The last is much, much less likely IMO. The last on the train of a power role case is one of the weakest and easiest to get out of simply based off how we play as a group. If I were scum and had Basel pegged as the doc I take him out and worry about it the next day. You're guaranteed to get me tonight with no protection and if 80 were to miss fire it's pretty much game over.

At this point, with the prolonged discussion if the last is actually the case, anyone that hammers here gets shot by 80 tonight almost guaranteed...so regardless I think we're safe.

Just realized it's a Wednesday and not only have I not tried to lynch Nolder, but I haven't insulted the ape. While we await Basel's arrival...I give you this for your visual enjoyment.

Tame AVM < AwesomeVM.

Dear Ape,

GFY. You're the piece of sh*t this game needs right now....but not the piece of sh*t it deserves (obligatory Dark Knight related line). When I walk by dumpsters, I am reminded of you. Not only due to the smell being akin to the feces you throw at others and the constant bile spewing from your keyboard...but also because I wish we could dispose of you inside.

I sometimes wonder what life would be like without the ape. Bland? Perhaps? Peaceful? Not as long as there's a woman for Pac to hit on. But better? That's what I really wonder ape. Would life be better? As I look back on our time together...the FOS's, the guarantee's, all the boisterous claims of superiority I can't help but think...no. You're the batman to my joker. You know, minus the detective skills and ability to know what you're talking about.

Oh, and unlike the joker -- I do want to kill you. Vote Ape

And with that I'm out. Hopefully when you all see me next I'll be crowing about how much I crushed the interview.

Sea chickens crow? I thought they just made that awful annoying sound that makes you wish they'd all die?

Seriously though, good luck dude. Kill it!

If you are legit driving. Please stop playing.

My wife works for one of the huge insurance companies, the research data on texting while driving is scary. It's basically the equivalent of driving severely intoxicated, not just buzzed, I mean like wasted.

Get home safe. Dumb game will be here when you get back online.

you really are a doll, and I will never believe otherwise now.

but tell me to go **** myself and stfu any time you like.

home safe, and I only post while parked. I once tried to change books on an iPod while I was driving and ran a curb, so...

but thank you.

I'm back and forth or a bit, but I'll be here for bickering and spam later.

:)

Okay, I am finally done catching up. My show is The Dukes of Hazzard and I'm vanilla.

Heh. I expected the other Steve to be the one crying about it more...

"other Steve"? I have no idea what that meant....

I thought it meant that someone pulled a Bewitched and recast Verb with a new actor.

What would be a good reason for him to be so quiet? That he may be the doc? I wouldn't doubt it. Do any of you know if he's online at DM today? Is he avoiding the game, or is he legit busy?

I haven't been home all day. Those who know my meta from DM might recall that I typically am not around at all during the daytime, except on weekends. I don't have a smartphone, or a job which would permit me to check the game on a phone if I did have one. And one thing I am learning about JN games compared to DM is that there is a **** of a lot more to read through when I get home, so it takes longer to post my thoughts.

I'll admit that I've also had trouble dealing with the fact that half the players are complete strangers to me, except for some of them being in DPR's spider game.

No doc. One scum left, definitely a GF so I'm useless.

No scenario in which 80 or I are aren't what we say we are, so we're the only vetted townies left.

I was concerned scum might have had something along the lines of "You are American Idol, reality tv replacement for great classic tv such as _____________"

Something to balance out the ability to say which classic tv show we are as town. Of course, there's always the chance they said a random show but I find that unlikely. If you screw up and say a show of a townie, guaranteed death.

So here's where I'm at:

Basel as scum could have claimed doc (I was trying to get him to, at least). Even when I eventually died he just says he guessed wrong. Most likely glides to end game. I'd like to get others views on this, but honestly the scum play was to claim doc (I secretly wondered if one of you lied and was the doc, hoping he would claim it). Feel pretty good about Basel.

Leelou's not realizing there was a roleblocker earlier sort of makes me feel okay about her, but not immensely. Something you can easily fake.

Ishy I have no read on whatsoever. Only reason I cleared him was based off his reveal, and that doesn't mean jack now obviously.

Cindy -- I see it possible JiF and Verb told her to keep doing her thing, ask others for explanation, etc. Lost townie is a good scum play for someone in their second game.

The ape I just have this sinking feeling about. I really want to go back and read the Verbal/JiF/me vs ape at different points bit. Did the ape actually bite at two of the 3 scum day one? Possible. Just as possible he'd go at both of them early to distance. JiF and the Ape are high targets every game, and Verbal gets speed lynched 1 out of 3 games. Glad I haven't investigated him yet, I know that for sure.

I could see the last scum being anyone between those last 3, personally. The interaction between the ape and verb/jif is something I've got to look at closer, and it's not happening tonight I'm sorry to say. If I had to take a guess, I'd say the ape based solely off his what I know of his game play as scum. The one thing that REALLY makes me hesitant was the delay to finish JiF when I revealed.

His delay and explanation of waiting to see if Ishy was slow playing a cop reveal seems extremely genuine. If he's scum...great play, as I know it drew me off of him completely.

What's everyone's thoughts on the ape? And Ishy/Cindy for that matter.

Oh, and vote Ishy. I also am troubled by the fear-mongering act. It reads to me like a big bowl of scum soup.

This is a LOT more plausible now, btw. You and 80 both may be on to something there. Would love to hear your thoughts on the rest of the players

What's everyone's thoughts on the ape? And Ishy/Cindy for that matter.

Cindy could be getting some coaching. I'm too distracted by checking her out visually to be sure. Ape I'm still keeping my eye on, he seemed to be playing to what I understand of his scum meta early on, but I have a gut feeling that I could be wrong since I don't know him that well. Most of my meta is based on reading through previous games that I wasn't in... and my eyes tend to glaze over after having to tredge through a zillion back-and-forth meaningless spam posts about who is a fag and how big someone's dick is.

So we have a Cop and Vig and they have a RB and a GF? And everyone else is Vanilla?

If that's the case, why the hell hasn't scum targetted AVM yet?

Only plausible scenario I can think of is that the remaining scum member is new, has a heart of gold, and maybe a tiny little crush on him. It would break her heart to see him dead. She'll overcome it once she gets a few more games under her belt.

Sorry kitty. Still love ya.

Unvote. Vote Cindy.

I'm still not sold on Basel's reveal though. Every other classic TV role seems to have come from the '50's or '60's if I'm not mistaken. Basel gets a show from the '80's? Don't get me wrong, the Dukes was definitely an epic show but it doesn't fit with the rest of our shows.

But I'd guess this falls under gaming the mod, so I'll stfu. But not sold on Basel.

lol, i wouldn't let personal feelings get in the way of deading someone. i'd feel very badly about it... i feel badly about killing anyone in this silly game... but it wouldn't stop me...

and i don't take your vote personally, no worries. you're trying to survive. an win. it's what you do. you're a canny, experienced player. and... accustomed, perhaps, to using personal affections to deflect votes...

i can think of a few reasons why the cop wouldn't be targeted, but... so can you. mafia 101. i've been reading.

and... i think you know, despite all the flirting and games... where my heart is here, if it made any difference to voting.

but it can't. what fun would the game be if everyone you.... had a crush on... was off limits.

if i would have held back a vote on anyone for personal reasons, it surely would have been you.

but... as much as i hate to say it... from your first WIFOM post.... to your recent.... reveal... which.... somehow took you off everyone's radar, though... i don't get that at all... to little slips that more experienced players have pointed out... i pay more attention than it may seem... i've wondered.... and given you more benefit of the doubt than i should have i guess.

thought you might have been an SK until 80 revealed... i think there's only one thing you can be.

because i know what i am, and... that only leaves one real possibility...

and it makes me sad, but... i'll still play with you any time you like.

unvote. vote ishy

Good for you kitty. You're getting it now.

You're still wrong about me, but you're playing well.

we shall see....

i'd say i hope i'm wrong about you.... but... it's been a great game so far, and... i you're mafia today you'll be town tomorrow.

or perhaps a zombie...

i'll try to deal with that as best i can...

I'm still not sold on Basel's reveal though. Every other classic TV role seems to have come from the '50's or '60's if I'm not mistaken. Basel gets a show from the '80's? Don't get me wrong, the Dukes was definitely an epic show but it doesn't fit with the rest of our shows.

But I'd guess this falls under gaming the mod, so I'll stfu. But not sold on Basel.

This.

Catching up still...

Cop wasn't targeted last night because the assumption is that there is a Doc. Basics of scum play when the cop is out and the doc isn't, is to go doc hunting and leave the cop alone, assuming the doc will protect the cop. So, assuming 80 really shot SMC, the kill on Crusher was likely their guess at killing the Doc.

Do we have all the TV show claims? I've seen Bewitched, Beverly Hillbillies, and what else? Everything is from Nick at Night, Dukes of Hazard doesn't fit.

Honestly it's the best thing I've got to go on.

Unvote

Vote Basel Gil

Archived