Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game

Lily

Scum hunting notes:

SMC - strong read, obvious scum agenda

AVM - medium read, obligatory attempt to cast Ape vs. SMC aside and not take a side, but still talk about it enough to undermine my position

Cindy - mild read, felt like she was being coached up on how to contend with my early vote on her, could be that SMC was trying to take heat off her by coming at me

Looking more deeply at those who are completely avoiding Ape vs. SMC as if they are part of a whole other game.

Town read on both Crusher and JIF, but it's possible if SMC is scum one of them is mates with him and they took my side to distance from him.

Ape's Scum Technique No. 8: Definitive reads on players early in Day 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That isn't a wifom. It's pretty widely accepted fact about my game play. Nobody in JN mafia provides more exposure of themselves than I do for tell evaluation. Nobody. (LOL.... exposes self!)

Ape's Scum Technique No. 43: WIFOMing and then denying WIFOMing

@Iape -lol, I'll write you a treatise later, if you really want, but you yourself pointed out several flaws in others' arguments, and your own seemed largely intended to provoke a response. actually, everything everyone says so far seems intended to provoke a response, or test a defensive posture... which makes sense. what else is there to go on.

as for your typical game play... i don't know it very well though I've read bit. please bear with me, I'll get there. I appreciate the explanations.

so... are you hinting doc? is that something someone was supposed to pick up on before?

You called arguments circuitous and self-contradictory. Now you won't back up those statements. Not only is it scummy to accuse of that, but it is discourteous not to back it up.

I am not hinting Doc. Apparently you have reading comprehension problems. I made a joke about MASH earlier, SMC being SMC probably said to himself "If I was the mod, I would make MASH the Doc" and since he's likely scum, that is why he's gone all-in on me.

He thinks he's pushing a lynch of the Doc. He's wrong, so basically he's stuck his neck out as a result of a bad assumption, bad assumptions are to SMC what a$$hole remarks are to me. Commonplace.

Also note, SMC is doing exactly what I said - creating a dynamic where he says next to nothing, but keeps me rambling so I drown myself out.

No point in reacting to everything he posts from here on out, it'll undermine my case on him. Time for y'all to start chiming in.

You called arguments circuitous and self-contradictory. Now you won't back up those statements. Not only is it scummy to accuse of that, but it is discourteous not to back it up.

I am not hinting Doc. Apparently you have reading comprehension problems. I made a joke about MASH earlier, SMC being SMC probably said to himself "If I was the mod, I would make MASH the Doc" and since he's likely scum, that is why he's gone all-in on me.

He thinks he's pushing a lynch of the Doc. He's wrong, so basically he's stuck his neck out as a result of a bad assumption, bad assumptions are to SMC what a$$hole remarks are to me. Commonplace.

ok, out of courtesy for you ill do my best when I get home. really can't now, im being bad enough doing this,

I'm not just talking about your arguments, speaking of comprehension.. as I said, and as ou do again down thread... you've pointed out some of them yourself.

I'm asking about the doc thing cause you keep saying it, as if to draw attention to something... I must have missed if anyone else mentioned it.

and the rest of this bickering really has to wait because you did not kill my supervisor as I asked.

ok, out of courtesy for you ill do my best when I get home. really can't now, im being bad enough doing this,

I'm not just talking about your arguments, speaking of comprehension.. as I said, and as ou do again down thread... you've pointed out some of them yourself.

I'm asking about the doc thing cause you keep saying it, as if to draw attention to something... I must have missed if anyone else mentioned it.

and the rest of this bickering really has to wait because you did not kill my supervisor as I asked.

I brought up the doc thing as a potential reason why SMC might have come all-in with a garbage case against me on DAY ONE.

I can't tell if you are being dense, or purposely making me lose my patience in hopes that I'll bury the valid points with redundancy.

You of all people KNOW I've caught scum on D1.

Your attempts to diffuse SMC vs. Ape are now pinging.

And you of all people KNOW I do the same "schtick" every day 1 -- but I like what you've done with this post. I may dress it up with a different psychotic, idiotic, or moronic subplot...but I outlined exactly what I do every day 1. I very, very rarely go hard after someone day 1 based off a legitimate case. If I do it's either "gut" or simply for the lulz.

Additionally, what did I say that was incorrect? Every game someone (whether it's you, Pac, CTM, or JiF -- the 4 that usually do so) creates a concrete case on day 1....and every day 1 people split into three camps -- those that follow said players concrete case, those who say it's scummy of said player to create such a case, and those who vote for the lulz because most of the time niether equate to anything at all. I fall in camp 3. You fall in camp one.

And yes...I do give more credence to your day 1 cases, but with a catch. You have several players numbers (mine included). I honestly don't know your history with SMC off the top of my head. It's no attempt to diffuse the debate, merely an observation. We all pretty much stepped back into the same gameplay we were several months ago.

Hmmmm. unvote

vote AVM

Ping ping.

Only town would want Ape dead. Leaning town on SMC.

Unvote vote AVM

Pinging early.

Well at least I know you're town.

Holy sh*t. I have zero desire to put up with this twinkley unicorn pseudo-flirty bullsh*t.

Vote Cindy

I wish my TV show was MASH, because I'd like to do just that to all your faces.

Hey boss. Can you clue me in to the post you talked about Mash in?

Provided here.

I was making a HULK SMASH joke, but used the word MASH for your faces. Playing off my new avatar and shaking the rust off the over-the-top violent statements I'm known for.

And you of all people KNOW I do the same "schtick" every day 1 -- but I like what you've done with this post. I may dress it up with a different psychotic, idiotic, or moronic subplot...but I outlined exactly what I do every day 1. I very, very rarely go hard after someone day 1 based off a legitimate case. If I do it's either "gut" or simply for the lulz.

Additionally, what did I say that was incorrect? Every game someone (whether it's you, Pac, CTM, or JiF -- the 4 that usually do so) creates a concrete case on day 1....and every day 1 people split into three camps -- those that follow said players concrete case, those who say it's scummy of said player to create such a case, and those who vote for the lulz because most of the time niether equate to anything at all. I fall in camp 3. You fall in camp one.

And yes...I do give more credence to your day 1 cases, but with a catch. You have several players numbers (mine included). I honestly don't know your history with SMC off the top of my head. It's no attempt to diffuse the debate, merely an observation. We all pretty much stepped back into the same gameplay we were several months ago.

I have a strong history of properly reading SMC as scum, but not as good a track record leading lynches on him when I've got him... because he usually gets me to drown myself out, as he's done here so far.

Ping ping.

Well at least I know you're town.

Kick the ape day 1 and you are automatically scum in his eyes. We have all done it. Surprised at SMC doing it.

The thing that is bad here is we are falling into the actives attacking the actives like we do day 1 here.

I miss Vic. "He would have offered to vote inactives by now" lol

Provided here.

I was making a HULK SMASH joke, but used the word MASH for your faces. Playing off my new avatar and shaking the rust off the over-the-top violent statements I'm known for.

Sadly I could almost seeing you doing that and then calling it brilliant by drawing the scum kill. LOL

I28 (3) – Cindy, SMC, Basel

Sakaea (1) – Leelou

80 (2) – AVM, Verbal

Ishy (1) – Sakaea

SMC (3) – I28, Hatter, JiF

Basel (1) – Ishy

AVM (2) – Crusher, 80

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

My biggest problem is the idea that scum would go after you this early based off thinking you were hinting doc. Personally if I'm scum and think you're doc, I try to bide my time until cop reveals and take you out then. A failed attempt to get the doc lynched on day 1 severely hampers the scum team.

Plus...why the f*** would you hint doc like that early on day 1? That serves no purpose and if you actually were doc, you surely wouldn't encourage scum NOT shooting you at night. I'd like to think SMC is smarter than to think you would hint doc with the Mash comment.

Kick the ape day 1 and you are automatically scum in his eyes. We have all done it. Surprised at SMC doing it.

The thing that is bad here is we are falling into the actives attacking the actives like we do day 1 here.

I miss Vic. "He would have offered to vote inactives by now" lol

That's because it's one of the better day 1 strategies. If you're going to get scum to slip up you do it by forcing those who don't usually talk to talk.

Sadly I could almost seeing you doing that and then calling it brilliant by drawing the scum kill. LOL

You know me too well. Honestly, you've seen me going from one of the most self-preservation oriented players in mafia, to coming up with some of the best "draw the NK" plays of late.

If scum caught that joke, and read it as a Doc hint, then they'd surely come at me aggressively... especially an arrogant pig like SMC who has a great record of weaseling out of my grasp even when I do have a proper read on him as scum.

My biggest problem is the idea that scum would go after you this early based off thinking you were hinting doc. Personally if I'm scum and think you're doc, I try to bide my time until cop reveals and take you out then. A failed attempt to get the doc lynched on day 1 severely hampers the scum team.

Plus...why the f*** would you hint doc like that early on day 1? That serves no purpose and if you actually were doc, you surely wouldn't encourage scum NOT shooting you at night. I'd like to think SMC is smarter than to think you would hint doc with the Mash comment.

LOL

You know me too well. Honestly, you've seen me going from one of the most self-preservation oriented players in mafia, to coming up with some of the best "draw the NK" plays of late.

If scum caught that joke, and read it as a Doc hint, then they'd surely come at me aggressively... especially an arrogant pig like SMC who has a great record of weaseling out of my grasp even when I do have a proper read on him as scum.

The transformation has been awe inspiring.

Yes, I'm convinced that if SMC is scum... so are you.

Classic AVM, talk out loud as if you are rationalizing things logically... but have it all culminate in an agenda-driven conclusion, not logic-driven. Same thing you did earlier in your post that pinged me, there is this "AVM isn't taking a side yet, but he's gently nudging people away from SMC amidst his own toiling" undertone to your posts.

Yes, I'm convinced that if SMC is scum... so are you.

Classic AVM, talk out loud as if you are rationalizing things logically... but have it all culminate in an agenda-driven conclusion, not logic-driven. Same thing you did earlier in your post that pinged me, there is this "AVM isn't taking a side yet, but he's gently nudging people away from SMC amidst his own toiling" undertone to your posts.

So you're guaranteeing I'm scum?

At least I know you can't read me for **** anymore

This is how you get drowned out, Ape. Not by letting SMC goad you into something or talking in circles or too loudly so people begin to ignore you. You latch on to ideas based off previous games.

Good luck with the whole AVM being scum thing, though.

Archived