SHOULD we be happy we won?

Jetsfan80

There are a lot of ****ing people on that list to keep in line. Some guys are getting cut, some guys are getting pissy cause they are losing playing time. These guys are generally morons and they say stupid sh*t even when they are trying to help. We blow this sh*t out of proportion and so does the press - primarly because the fans eat it up and get so riled.

Coughlin went through this with Barber, Strahan and Shockey. They had to put a "Leadership Council" in place because they players were refusing to put up with his BS. Even after the super bowl wins he had to deal with his star player stuffing his first round pick in an ice bath and that pick whining like he was going to file an EEO complaint. He also called out the GM in public over the Ballard fiasco and had to backtrack. Yet the press acts like it's smooth sailing over there. Jets fans are like the kid that goes nuts when he gets picked on. He may not do anything worth getting picked on compared to other kids, but you are going to do your best to press his buttons.

Well, with what the Jets went through last year, I thought for sure that they would look to be buttoned up to the nth degree.

Not Rex. He apparently needs to get hid over the head several times, before he gets something.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these players are human beings not robots. a different head coach is not going to be able to better control miscreants like Antonio Cromartie and Bart Scott. Frankly I don't care what they say as long as they win.

Good head coaches don't let them into their organizations. They root them out.

"rex can control thee guys" we keep hearing. Problem is, no one controls Rex.

Head coaches don't shop for the groceries. The General Manager does. Rex might bless these transactions but he doesn't really control the roster.

Rex CAMPED OUT, CAMPED out on the front steps of Bart Scott's home. You don't believe that he had input into his signing?

You don't believe that Rex gave a thumbs up to Santonio being re-signed?

You don't believe that Rex gave the go-ahead on Cromartie?

Are you this naive?

Rex CAMPED OUT, CAMPED out on the front steps of Bart Scott's home. You don't believe that he had input into his signing?

Are you this naive?

Bart Scott was a beast in 09 and 10.

Holmes was crucial to the 2010 run and clearly Mark's favorite target and is currently the best player on offense.

Cro is a stud.

<3 u

Bart Scott was a beast in 09 and 10.

Holmes was crucial to the 2010 run and clearly Mark's favorite target and is currently the best player on offense.

Cro is a stud.

<3 u

Can we develop some beasts who are not other team's cast offs? I realize that this is a GM's responsibility, but if I were Rex, I would say "stop poisoning my locker room".

Which of course he is a part of ;)

Can we develop some beasts who are not other team's cast offs? I realize that this is a GM's responsibility, but if I were Rex, I would say "stop poisoning my locker room".

Which of course he is a part of ;)

Wilk, Coples, Davis, Ellis - those guys have a future in this league. I'd imagine we'll see a revamped LB'ing core next season. They are what is slowing this D down.

Are you this naive?

I understand the hate for Holmes and Scott has fallen off a cliff, but what the **** has Cromartie done wrong? He's stepped up his game in the absence of Revis, has willingly played offense, defense and special teams and despite being a known puss has started laying serious wood. He crushed at least one guy yesterday.

Archived