So... the Steelers seem desperate

Integrity28

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they would never take a guy like Plaxico Burress back. Remember... only a stupid front office would sign him...

Only a stupid front office would visit him in prison in 2009 with the thought of signing him to start when he got done trading smokes for fresh-meat whiteboys coming into Cell Block D. Only a stupid front office surrounds their emo fratty, young QB with All-Malcontent All-Stars Burress, Santonio Holmes, and Derrick Mason. Only a stupid front office responds to the inevitable implosion of that plan by drafting a raw wideout with negligible college production and pencils him in as a starter from Day One and is shocked--SHOCKED--when that newbie WR doesn't know how to play. But, yeah.

Only a stupid front office would visit him in prison in 2009 with the thought of signing him to start when he got done trading smokes for fresh-meat whiteboys coming into Cell Block D. Only a stupid front office surrounds their emo fratty, young QB with All-Malcontent All-Stars Burress, Santonio Holmes, and Derrick Mason. Only a stupid front office responds to the inevitable implosion of that plan by drafting a raw wideout with negligible college production and pencils him in as a starter from Day One and is shocked--SHOCKED--when that newbie WR doesn't know how to play. But, yeah.

Hey. Dorkasaurus. Dunno if you heard--you probably had your nose buried in one of those textbooks like Advanced Statistical Methods for Gays Because Numbers Are Totes Gay Brah, or maybe you were ****ing your calculator or something--but here's the news: The. Meeting. Worked.

#TheMeetingWorked

Look at the injuries on this team. They are going to be playing with Charlie Batch and Brian Hoyer next week, they have 3 RBs none of whom has played 2 consecutive weeks this year without getting some sort of minor injury, they just had to sign Plaxico to replace Antonio Brown, they are without a number of defensive players that matter...

Finally they seem like maybe the injuries are just going to be too much for them, and they'll fall out of contention for one of the playoff spots we usually expect them to nab. Then again, they still held Baltimore's offense to 13, so who knows what to really expect... maybe they will still be able to make the playoffs.

While we lost Holmes and Revis and our season was basically over in like week 4. Wow.

Somewhere in this there's a great story about drafting, depth, coaching and player development.

The steelers have had injuries, but avoided suffering the blow to their best player until now. The only difference is that our best player is a CB, while theirs is a franchise QB. If sanchez was anywhere in the 12-15 range of QBs, I don't think we have any more than 3 losses this year.

Hey. Dorkasaurus. Dunno if you heard--you probably had your nose buried in one of those textbooks like Advanced Statistical Methods for Gays Because Numbers Are Totes Gay Brah, or maybe you were ****ing your calculator or something--but here's the news: The. Meeting. Worked.

#TheMeetingWorked

lololololol

This post will never win POTW, because you're not Max, but it should.

The steelers have had injuries, but avoided suffering the blow to their best player until now. The only difference is that our best player is a CB, while theirs is a franchise QB. If sanchez was anywhere in the 12-15 range of QBs, I don't think we have any more than 3 losses this year.

With the offensive weapons we have right now ?

Keep Dreaming

Color me unimpressed with anything the Steelers have done. They've beat 1 team with a winning record this season. They lost their best player to injury and proceeded to follow that up with a loss, no different than the Jets.

If the Jets had Big Ben, what would our record be and how many SB's would we have won with Rex Ryan?

Color me unimpressed with anything the Steelers have done. They've beat 1 team with a winning record this season. They lost their best player to injury and proceeded to follow that up with a loss, no different than the Jets.

If the Jets had Big Ben, what would our record be and how many SB's would we have won with Rex Ryan?

i think witha good QB this team has 3 rings with rex

With the offensive weapons we have right now ?

Keep Dreaming

Whatever man, I've seen better quarterback do much better with much worse. If you really believe that swapping Sanchez for someone like Eli, Rivers, Cutler or Stafford (all who are below 20th in quarterback rating for the year) doesn't account for three more wins this season already, then I think you're drastically underestimating how terrible sanchez really is. Guarantee we win the Patriots and Seattle game if we had one of those quarterbacks and possibly the texans game. To each their own, but this team is plenty good enough to win with even an average QB.

Whatever man, I've seen better quarterback do much better with much worse. If you really believe that swapping Sanchez for someone like Eli, Rivers, Cutler or Stafford (all who are below 20th in quarterback rating for the year) doesn't account for three more wins this season already, then I think you're drastically underestimating how terrible sanchez really is. Guarantee we win the Patriots and Seattle game if we had one of those quarterbacks and possibly the texans game. To each their own, but this team is plenty good enough to win with even an average QB.

yeah ok

I know very well how god awful Sanchez has been this year but if you think the Jets are winning that game in Seattle with you are deluding yourself.

If the defense acutally makes a stop on New England's game tying drive then the Jets win. Sanchez had already gotten them in front.

yeah ok

I know very well how god awful Sanchez has been this year but if you think the Jets are winning that game in Seattle with you are deluding yourself.

If the defense acutally makes a stop on New England's game tying drive then the Jets win. Sanchez had already gotten them in front.

See, I don't think you do realize how historically terrible he's been. The Patriots were begging for us to win that game and while Sanchez did do enough to give us a lead at one point, he had numerous drives killed where he could have put points on the board, threw a college sophomore pick in the endzone and turned the ball over to lose the game. We were in the seattle game up until the 3rd quarter, when the defense finally caved when they realized their offense couldn't score a single point. It's clear we disagree, but I don't understand how can agree sanchez is terrible (bottom three QBs in the league) but replacing him with someone like Eli, Cutler or Stafford this year wouldn't win us those games against New England, Seattle and Pittsburgh when all three of them were doing their best job to hand it to us.

Rivers on this team would be a disaster. Check down machine, awful arm strength, and turns the ball over like Sanchez.

Whatever man, Brees is captain checkdown (over 25% of his throws to RBs alone) and you wouldn't argue with having him on our team. I'll give you Rivers hasn't been good this year or last, but even these past two years of awful QB play, is still better than anything Mark has ever done...for as bad as Rivers has been, he's completing 14% more of his passes and throwing for about a yard more per attempt.

I don't think our season was over in week 4 - I think it ended in week 7 when Stephen Hill dropped that pass that we needed to win the New England game. It's amazing that it may all come down to that one play.

EVEN with the brutal losses against Miami and Seattle, even if they went down exactly as they did... had we won that one game, we'd be 5-5 right now, and as crazy as it sounds, this game on Thanksgiving would be Pats @ Jets for the division lead.

That is incredible when you think about it.

Toss in 2 or 3 avg QB throws from Sanchez in the Houston game instead of what we saw and Rex would be talking SB.

Ok but other than this what have they really messed up when it comes to the WRs.

Big Ben would have been run out of NY on a rail just like Browning Nagle only faster. Early in career, Ben relied exclusivly on the running game with Jerome Bettis. Ben would have never lasted here. Besides, he is a JERK. Should be in Jail

I invite any Jets fan to neg me that would have run Ben out of town for winning us a Superbowl in his second year.

Talking about Ben, the steelers catered to him as a rookie. Instead of having him try to read a whole defense they limited his read to 1/2 the field. Worked very well for them.

I think the Jets did that too. That's one reason why Sanchez rarely throws to the other side of the field and people complained about routes with receivers spaced too close together.

Look at the injuries on this team. They are going to be playing with Charlie Batch and Brian Hoyer next week, they have 3 RBs none of whom has played 2 consecutive weeks this year without getting some sort of minor injury, they just had to sign Plaxico to replace Antonio Brown, they are without a number of defensive players that matter...

Finally they seem like maybe the injuries are just going to be too much for them, and they'll fall out of contention for one of the playoff spots we usually expect them to nab. Then again, they still held Baltimore's offense to 13, so who knows what to really expect... maybe they will still be able to make the playoffs.

While we lost Holmes and Revis and our season was basically over in like week 4. Wow.

Somewhere in this there's a great story about drafting, depth, coaching and player development.

Long term strategic planning + hard earned work ethic = successful brand that overcomes adversity.

Many things to admire/learn from this organization. Seen many a friend turn from less successful football teams and join their bandwagon.

I think the Jets did that too. That's one reason why Sanchez rarely throws to the other side of the field and people complained about routes with receivers spaced too close together.

No no no...The Steelers did it in a special Steelers way. The Jets did it in a dumb, stupid way.

HOHOHOOOO

Archived