4 receivers tomorrow night?

whodeawhodat

and one of them is Yates? That kinda sucks...

The Jets cut wide receiver Jason Hill Tuesday with a non-football injury designation, according to a person familiar with the situation.

That person requested anonymity because the Jets did not make the reason for Hill's release official.

The problem is, Hill claims he was injured during pre-game warmups on Sunday, which would explain why he dressed but did not receive any snaps.

The person with knowledge of the situation said Hill will file a grievance against the team for the severance pay he would have been entitled to had his injury been labeled "football related."

Hill being cut leaves the Jets with just four wide receivers on the active roster.

The news of Hill's non-football injury designation was first reported by USA Today.

I thought that Hill was good, just had a virus last week that kept him out of practice or was that a little misdirection. "Yeah, he had the sniffles but really his back is FVVVVVCKED...."

Not sure what everybody saw in this guy. He had at least one blatant drop and only 2 catches and he never looked like much running around out there. I mostly remember him as the big mouth from Jacksonville, but getting hurt during warmups AFTER being announced as active probably pisses the team off plenty. Especially when it's something they may question. They worked out Patrick Turner, so I assume he'll be back and there won't be much drop off there.

Not sure what everybody saw in this guy. He had at least one blatant drop and only 2 catches and he never looked like much running around out there. I mostly remember him as the big mouth from Jacksonville, but getting hurt during warmups AFTER being announced as active probably pisses the team off plenty. Especially when it's something they may question. They worked out Patrick Turner, so I assume he'll be back and there won't be much drop off there.

lol, i was talking about the good Hill(our second round pick) being out of practice, not scrub Hill(the guy who was cut on Tuesday). maybe it was the scrub that missed practice...

lol, i was talking about the good Hill(our second round pick) being out of practice, not scrub Hill(the guy who was cut on Tuesday). maybe it was the scrub that missed practice...

The good Hill played plenty. He had a blatant drop and wasn't thrown to at least once when he was wide open. He played the most snaps at WR after Schilens. The Pats pass D has sucked, but they sure ate up Luck and adding Talib doesn't hurt them any.

Archived