PFT: Tanny vs Rex, who is to blame?

PatriotReign37

Sanchez sucks, but who on this roster legitimately looks like a playmaker other than maybe Kerley?

The online is inconsistent at best, brick is vastly overrated, and Mangold seems to have regressed.

The WR core is awful, absolutely awful, and a good QB would not change that, only maybe make Kerley more successful.

RB's suck.

The offensive philosophy sucks.

This was all on Rex, he does not care about offense, and never prioritized it.

Sanchez does not help, but short of an elite QB, nothing would fix this disaster of an offense.

Just don't buy into that conclusion. The Jets have a GM. He's supposed to be in charge of acquiring talent. Sometimes that means dictating to the coach who's supposed to be your employee.

Rex is going to win a team a superbowl very soon. Probably as HC, he's an incredible asset to any team, even if better served as a DC, he's proven he can work as a HC, just needs a good situation around him. The last two years have been pretty much the perfect storm of sh*te.

I'll genuinely miss Rex when he's gone, always liked him and still do, but the situation with him here is pretty untenable I'm afraid.

Holmes is out and inconsistent at best.

Hill can't catch a cold.

This is nonsense.

Sanchez throwing has zero to do with hill dropping the ball.

This is complete nonsense, you are so wrong it's not even funny.

If you want to count Holmes as talent, Braylon, Holmes and Cotchery are so much better than this group it's not even funny.

And that offense was far superior.

Sanchez throwing has alot to do with the output of the WRs. For every drop these WRs get, and this isn't exact but who cares, there's a half dozen gaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbage passes from that guy.

Rex is going to win a team a superbowl very soon. Probably as HC, he's an incredible asset to any team, even if better served as a DC, he's proven he can work as a HC, just needs a good situation around him. The last two years have been pretty much the perfect storm of sh*te.

I'll genuinely miss Rex when he's gone, always liked him and still do, but the situation with him here is pretty untenable I'm afraid.

Rex, working under an empowered, experienced GM, with a living, breathing offensive coordinator that can operate autonomously without trying to reinvent the game, could succeed here. Unfortunately, he got Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer.

Rex, working under an empowered, experienced GM, with a living, breathing offensive coordinator that can operate autonomously without trying to reinvent the game, could succeed here. Unfortunately, he got Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer.

Rex is a great DC. We knew that when we hired him. He bares some responsibility as well. He hasn't improved at all as a HC.

Rex is a great DC. We knew that when we hired him. He bares some responsibility as well. He hasn't improved at all as a HC.

I think that's true of most coaches, though. So much of what they accomplish is dependent on finding good assistants to compensate for where they lack. Hell, even Belichick has a hard time keeping his team upright when one of his assistants bails.

I think that's true of most coaches, though. So much of what they accomplish is dependent on finding good assistants to compensate for where they lack. Hell, even Belichick has a hard time keeping his team upright when one of his assistants bails.

True. It's just maddening how Rex basically admits he doesn't know sh*t about offense. The way they handled Sanchez from the beginning if you really think about it has made no sense from a football standpoint.

True. It's just maddening how Rex basically admits he doesn't know sh*t about offense. The way they handled Sanchez from the beginning if you really think about it has made no sense from a football standpoint.

I hear you. My personal feeling is that Rex has tried to change (losing weight, toning down the rhetoric), but at the end of the day, he's just Buddy Ryan Part Deux. He expects players to magically play well just from falling under the umbrella of Rex's personality, and it hasn't come close to working. Gholston, Rhodes, Santonio, Maybin, Sanchez, Coples, Hill--I think he's legitimately shocked that these guys didn't instantly buy in and become great players for him. So, if we have to lose him to get rid of Tannenbaum, so be it.

Archived