Who is the next QB for the New York Jets & when will they start?

BlackDynamite

(Information provided by Jason Malito of Nyjetscap.com)

Some of the information is contradictory, because Jason has said the 2 year cap charge for Mark is $20.75 million, and last year it was $7.85M, but I'll go under the assumption that jason is in fact correct, and Mark Sanchez's cap value next year is over $17M, because of some accelerants on the back end of his deal. His cap charge could be $12.85 next season. But we'll use this number......

$17,153,125 is his listed cap number for 2013, which is almost 15% of the Jets cap in 2013. What does that mean? That means whether you like it, or you don't like it, learn to love Marl Sanchez, because he will DEFINITELY be on the Jets next season, come hell or high water!

His deal was redone to make space THIS SEASON, and is essentially backloaded for 2013, and which has a "poison pill" effect on the Jets 2013 cap.

The problem is three-fold: One, the Jets not only have to keep Mark, but his presence delays any rebuilding essentially until 2014. This team is in cap hell all of next season, but 2014 is their pot at the end of the Nightmare on Elm Street.

Two, if you want to bring in a new coach, he has this deadbeat to contend with for a year on the roster. Three, you won't have cap space to bring in somebody just good enough to make a playoff run next season.

Your choices are Tebow, or GMC, since at least they know the offense, the legendary Sparano offense, and are on the roster, at reasonable cap charges.

So who do you want to run the team's offense next year? Sparano? Tebow? GMC?

Do you think you can get a new coach worth a damn to come into this mess next year, and bite the bullet until 2014, when wholesale changes can actually take place (Sanchez, Harris, Holmes, Cromartie, etc can come off the cap in 2014)?

BD

The Jets need to get a new regime in here right away and begin preparing for 2014. We need a GM that can evaluate talent and a hard nosed head coach that wouldn't tolerate any of the B.S. that currently goes on in the Jets locker room and a coach that has enough balls to tell Sanchez that he doesn't care how much he's getting paid and that he's sitting on the bench. Then either start Tebow, McElroy or bring in SOMEONE that can at least manage an offense and not embarrass this team any longer.

(Information provided by Jason Malito of Nyjetscap.com)

Some of the information is contradictory, because Jason has said the 2 year cap charge for Mark is $20.75 million, and last year it was $7.85M, but I'll go under the assumption that jason is in fact correct, and Mark Sanchez's cap value next year is over $17M, because of some accelerants on the back end of his deal. His cap charge could be $12.85 next season. But we'll use this number......

$17,153,125 is his listed cap number for 2013, which is almost 15% of the Jets cap in 2013. What does that mean? That means whether you like it, or you don't like it, learn to love Marl Sanchez, because he will DEFINITELY be on the Jets next season, come hell or high water!

His deal was redone to make space THIS SEASON, and is essentially backloaded for 2013, and which has a "poison pill" effect on the Jets 2013 cap.

The problem is three-fold: One, the Jets not only have to keep Mark, but his presence delays any rebuilding essentially until 2014. This team is in cap hell all of next season, but 2014 is their pot at the end of the Nightmare on Elm Street.

Two, if you want to bring in a new coach, he has this deadbeat to contend with for a year on the roster. Three, you won't have cap space to bring in somebody just good enough to make a playoff run next season.

Your choices are Tebow, or GMC, since at least they know the offense, the legendary Sparano offense, and are on the roster, at reasonable cap charges.

So who do you want to run the team's offense next year? Sparano? Tebow? GMC?

Do you think you can get a new coach worth a damn to come into this mess next year, and bite the bullet until 2014, when wholesale changes can actually take place (Sanchez, Harris, Holmes, Cromartie, etc can come off the cap in 2014)?

BD

Who is the Head Coach going to be ?

Sparano will not be here next season and I think there is a good chance that Rex will not be here if this team continues down this path.

If Rex is still here though then I think there will be a new OC and that OC will be given the daunting task or seeing if he can find anything salvagable in Sanchez while the Jets go out and find a RB to go compliment or replace Greene (if he is still here), and some OL to replace Slauson and Howard. If they can get rid of Holmes I would recommend the Jets do that ASAP.

If Rex gets the axe then I can see the Jets bringing in a stop gap QB like a Hassleback, or a Rex Grossman type, or knowing Woody he will make a play for Mike Vick when he is shown his walking papers in Philly.

I'd be insanely shocked if Woody showed the balls to fire Tannenbaum. I honestly don't think he has it in him. And it remains to be seen if Tannenbaum could accept having player acquisitions removed from his purview, so the idea I've been hoping for--that they bring in a Polian/Casserly as a personnel man--seems dubious. I think the only way Woody makes the switch is if Gruden's or Cowher's (etc's) agents took Woody off to the side and guaranteed him that their client would take over both the GM and coaching gigs for ~$8 mil per. Otherwise, there's no way Woody leaves himself out in the cold all Spring begging GM candidates he read about in a Google search to take his money to clean up Tannenbaum's mess.

I'd be insanely shocked if Woody showed the balls to fire Tannenbaum. I honestly don't think he has it in him. And it remains to be seen if Tannenbaum could accept having player acquisitions removed from his purview, so the idea I've been hoping for--that they bring in a Polian/Casserly as a personnel man--seems dubious. I think the only way Woody makes the switch is if Gruden's or Cowher's (etc's) agents took Woody off to the side and guaranteed him that their client would take over both the GM and coaching gigs for ~$8 mil per. Otherwise, there's no way Woody leaves himself out in the cold all Spring begging GM candidates he read about in a Google search to take his money to clean up Tannenbaum's mess.

brb gonna go stick my head in the microwave

Would like to think Johnson will be so embarrassed by this mess he will have no choice but to get rid of the Bradway/Tannenbaum front office mess. But doesn't seem embarrassment registers. He took forever to dump Edwards, he let Groh leave without a whimper, he let Parcells dictate terms of his exit, he gave Mangini a long rope, and all through that the front office has the same cast if in different chairs. If you step back and look at the Jets' drafts, it shouldn't even be a decision. I don't know if Johnson is too nice or a spoiled rich kid who doesn't like confronting hard facts.

I admit this is harsh, but it's the truth;you could draw some inferences from his family life that it's the later. Better in his mind to pretend things are okay than deal with awful reality.

I think Sparano is the coach-in-waiting, by default. I think he was Plan B all along.

And that wouldn't be a terrible move, since he could be used as a full stop-gap to get to 2014, when you get out of Cap Hell. Then you could get someone worth a damn to look at the position.

That is a textbook Jet future move, if.......you call that a future.....

BD

Would like to think Johnson will be so embarrassed by this mess he will have no choice but to get rid of the Bradway/Tannenbaum front office mess. But doesn't seem embarrassment registers. He took forever to dump Edwards, he let Groh leave without a whimper, he let Parcells dictate terms of his exit, he gave Mangini a long rope, and all through that the front office has the same cast if in different chairs. If you step back and look at the Jets' drafts, it shouldn't even be a decision. I don't know if Johnson is too nice or a spoiled rich kid who doesn't like confronting hard facts.

I admit this is harsh, but it's the truth;you could draw some inferences from his family life that it's the later. Better in his mind to pretend things are okay than deal with awful reality.

Gotta agree. I think he solely motivated by the box office and revenues. He has to think that TannenRex will cost him money at the gate next year before he makes a move. The attendance at the remaining home games will determine their fate, I think. I hope.

Gotta agree. I think he solely motivated by the box office and revenues. He has to think that TannenRex will cost him money at the gate next year before he makes a move. The attendance at the remaining home games will determine their fate, I think. I hope.

this type of stuff leaves a mark

xrex.gif

its good to see the fanbase noticeably turning on the entire operation. Changes need to be made. Rex got 4 years. His way didnt work....move on.

Archived