How can we push Woody to axe Tanny?

CM28

The last months I have had one thought in my mind that will not go away. I know that many of you have the same problem and I want a serious discussion about it. It seems much more important than any other of the endless negatives we can discuss.

I understand that we have little, if any, influence on a owner that seems to care more of money than success. But we need to try in order to get a new GM. If not, we will have no bright future to look forward to.

I have not been around that long to know what usually works. Is empty seats the only way to get him to act? If so, don´t go more this year and you who buy season tickets, hold out next year until Tanny is gone. If the Jets get money from us that use game pass, I for one will not purchase that for next year.

So the question is now out there, will these moves be effective or is there anything else we can do?

Now I know it may not have seemed like a good idea a few years ago when the Knicks were really struggling but I still think that the Dolans would have been better owners than this clown. At least the Jets would have been playing in the coolest stadium in the greatest city in the world instead of "sharing" a stadium and always being reminded of whose place it actually is. The team that wins is who "owns" that place and there is only 1 team that goes to and actually WINS super bowls in that town and it ain't our Jets...so yea, I wish that the Dolans won that deal instead of Woody Johnson

If Sanchez' extension isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back, then I'm afraid the Jets might be stuck with him for life.

Agreed. Woody doesnt know sh*t about football but he loves money - and understands that Sanchez sucks. If Tanny gets a pass on the Sanchez contract (on top of everything else) well then were completely screwed.

Rich owners like Woody cherish 2 things - money and their image. You hit them in their wallet or public embarass them to get action. In Woody's case I'm not sure if the Thursday night game is embarassment enough unfortunatey. I agree with the other poster that it starts by not going to games, and the ones that do should wear bags over their heads and carry signs that call for Woody to sell the team. Make sure all of this gets on TV. What owner would not feel ill seeing their stadiums half empty and mostly filled with visiting team fans, and the rest wearing bags over their heads calling for the team to be sold. Flood the sports radio shows bad mouthing Woody and make it a point that you will not spend another dime or minute on this team until changes are made.

I'll take it a step further, although I'm not sure how feasabile it is. Organize a boycott against J&J products until changes are made. Promote the boycott through the media and airwaves. That's where Woody makes his money, so why not stop buying his products to make a point?

I'll take it a step further, although I'm not sure how feasabile it is. Organize a boycott against J&J products until changes are made. Promote the boycott through the media and airwaves. That's where Woody makes his money, so why not stop buying his products to make a point?

I don't think he has anything to do with j&j anymore ..I could be wrong though ..

Advertisement in NY Times?

I was thinking about this as well. We'll need Sperm to catagorize all of Tannenbaum's crimes against the Jets into a digestible format that even lay Jet fans can understand.

And Shane can edit it, maybe put a ^this on the bottom of the page with his initials.

I was thinking about this as well. We'll need Sperm to catagorize all of Tannenbaum's crimes against the Jets into a digestible format that even lay Jet fans can understand.

And Shane can edit it, maybe put a ^this on the bottom of the page with his initials.

Hey, it worked for Martin Luther. And those Giants fans in the '80s with their plane banner and boycott.

Big letters: "Fire Tannenbaum" - and then a list of 50 major mistakes on a full page ad.

kind of hard to take the bag over the head thing seriously when there hasn't been a losing season in 5 years.

I understand where you're coming from

BUT the fact that the Jets went into this season with absolutely NO upgrades on offense (i.e. cutting Plaxico and replacing him with Clyde Gates, Stephen "the ghost" Hill and the legendary Chaz Schilens...giving Sanchez a fat extension after the Tebow trade....keeping McElroy even though he's a jerk.....besies Powell (his second year) what is there to be excited about on this offense?

basically the Jets we're prepared to fail fro the get-go when they HAD chances to bring back Cotchery and Plax and/or bring in a free agent

and on the defensive side the only plus I see is Laron Landry but he'll be gone next year

The only way Woody will fire Tanny and Rex is if the stadium is empty for next 2 home games. At the very least a well orchestrated blackout with airplane banners flying, like chefs fans are doing.

Otherwise both circus clowns will still be here next yr. the ball is in Jet fans hands mon

kind of hard to take the bag over the head thing seriously when there hasn't been a losing season in 5 years.

Thats true I guess. When your franchise QB is threading the needle, the offense and defense are only missing one guy each and are firing on all cylinders, and the lockerroom is united behind the coach and veteran leadership, there is no reason to get worked up over a little bump in the road towards destiny.

Thats true I guess. When your franchise QB is threading the needle, the offense and defense are only missing one guy each and are firing on all cylinders, and the lockerroom is united behind the coach and veteran leadership, there is no reason to get worked up over a little bump in the road towards destiny.

This is the issue, this franchise has gone backwards in the last 4 years, and not by a little, by a huge margin.

And worse yet, there is no hope for the foreseeable future.

This team is a mess in so many places, with cap issues, and the better players, the few that we have, are older and overpaid.

If you believe in trend, we are heading towards Kotite type bad again, and the HC and GM are delirious, Rex telling us this was his best team yet, and Tanny saying we are a few plays away.

I know we will stay the coarse, we are the Jets after all, and this will have to get much, much worse before the moron owner changes coarse.

This is the issue, this franchise has gone backwards in the last 4 years, and not by a little, by a huge margin.

So in two of the four years that the franchise has allegedly been going backwards, they made it to the AFC Championship Game? The same number of times they made it to said game in the previous 40 years? But the last four, yeah, that's been the real downwards turning point for the organization. By a huge margin. Okay, got it.

This season sucks, but the hyperbole is really off the charts.

So in two of the four years that the franchise has allegedly been going backwards, they made it to the AFC Championship Game? The same number of times they made it to said game in the previous 40 years? But the last four, yeah, that's been the real downwards turning point for the organization. By a huge margin. Okay, got it.

This season sucks, but the hyperbole is really off the charts.

The talent level of this team is probably the worst I've seen in my years of watching the Jets other than 1995 and 2005.

The talent level of this team is probably the worst I've seen in my years of watching the Jets other than 1995 and 2005.

That's not a four year decline, though. In the last couple years players got old, and arguably the two best players on the roster are out for the season with injuries.

It all falls on Tannenbaum, who extended players who shouldn't've been extended to expensive deals they never would've gotten anywhere else, costing himself valuable cap space to find replacements. All while simultaneously trading away draft picks for other expensive players, further destroying any chance of developing genuine depth. There's no pipeline of talent on this team. Starters get hurt, or grow old and ineffective, and there's no one to step up. Tanny held it together with luck and band-aids for a couple years while they pursued a championship, but now his methods have hit the wall hard. And there's no way I trust the guy to build from the ground up in the proper way - thru the draft.

That's not a four year decline, though. In the last couple years players got old, and arguably the two best players on the roster are out for the season with injuries.

It all falls on Tannenbaum, who extended players who shouldn't've been extended to expensive deals they never would've gotten anywhere else, costing himself valuable cap space to find replacements. All while simultaneously trading away draft picks for other expensive players, further destroying any chance of developing genuine depth. There's no pipeline of talent on this team. Starters get hurt, or grow old and ineffective, and there's no one to step up. Tanny held it together with luck and band-aids for a couple years while they pursued a championship, but now his methods have hit the wall hard. And there's no way I trust the guy to build from the ground up in the proper way - thru the draft.

I'm not sure how you can say it all falls on Tanny.

Is he a part of this, sure, but he has never been a true GM.

He is more of an assistant to the HC than a GM, always has been.

This is Rex's team way more than Tanny. From the CB obsession, to the drafting of defense with the majority of high draft picks, to the players he extended.

Rex hired Sparano.

This is way more Rex than Tanny.

Both need to go, don't get me wrong, but those thinking this is Tanny's team are sorely mistaken.

I'm not sure how you can say it all falls on Tanny.

Is he a part of this, sure, but he has never been a true GM.

He is more of an assistant to the HC than a GM, always has been.

This is Rex's team way more than Tanny. From the CB obsession, to the drafting of defense with the majority of high draft picks, to the players he extended.

Rex hired Sparano.

This is way more Rex than Tanny.

Both need to go, don't get me wrong, but those thinking this is Tanny's team are sorely mistaken.

Your dislike of Ryan is causing you to absolve Tanny. Tanny hired Rex. Tanny is Rex's boss. Tannenbaum's job is to bring in personnel. He has every right to overrule Rex. In fact, on Hard Kocks, Rex talked about how Tanny gives him one draft pick - and that year it was a fifth rounder. The personnel is Tannenbaum's responsibility, and he's failed in that job.

Working for a competent GM, Rex would be a quality coach. Conversely, no coach could get much more out of this excuse for talent than Rex has.

Your dislike of Ryan is causing you to absolve Tanny. Tanny hired Rex. Tanny is Rex's boss. Tannenbaum's job is to bring in personnel. He has every right to overrule Rex. In fact, on Hard Kocks, Rex talked about how Tanny gives him one draft pick - and that year it was a fifth rounder. The personnel is Tannenbaum's responsibility, and he's failed in that job.

Working for a competent GM, Rex would be a quality coach. Conversely, no coach could get much more out of this excuse for talent than Rex has.

I'm not absolving Tanny at all, I want Him gone too.

Rex getting one draft pick is a huge misconception.

Rex is telling the FO and scouts what he needs, the scouts and FO evaluate talent and make the pick.

This is on both, Rex and Tanny as I've said.

Rex is the one calling for the corners and the dineman overmoffensive skilled players.

This year may have been the first time that changed with the Hill pick, and Rex was pissed about drafting a WR when this team so desperately needs offensive playmakers, unfortunately it's a few years too late.

This team is a reflection of Rex and his philosophy, as it should be. The HC should have that say, and Rex does.

Unfortunately Rex is way out of touch with the current NFL, and the team sucks.

Archived