Fireman Ed Stepping Down

Maxman

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does seem convenient.... hmmm... but still...i dont care if he chants or not. my life wont change because he wont be doing a silly chant anymore.

Best cheer in all of professional sports and he helps keep it alive. Now you are going to have every bachagalloop ginzo and meathead trying to step up and take his place, and it won't be the same. I promise you that.

The guy doesn't deserve the hate being directed at him. It's pathetic.

Best cheer in all of professional sports and he helps keep it alive. Now you are going to have every bachagalloop ginzo and meathead trying to step up and take his place, and it won't be the same. I promise you that.

The guy doesn't deserve the hate being directed at him. It's pathetic.

i dont care if its never done again. i personally never liked it nor participated when I was a sucker season ticket holder.

And you wonder why he wants to get away from fans?

If what he say is true, and I have no reason to doubt him, he's not getting away from Jets fans, just moving sections and not leading the chants. Anyone who's been to any NFL game in the last 3 or 4 years has to have seen the complete disregard for civility towards not just opposing fans, but each other. It's a crowd mentality that seems to rapidly drift from verbal harassment to violence over almost nothing. I blame it on the video game culture that our youth were raised in - poor parenting really.

If what he say is true, and I have no reason to doubt him, he's not getting away from Jets fans, just moving sections and not leading the chants. Anyone who's been to any NFL game in the last 3 or 4 years has to have seen the complete disregard for civility towards not just opposing fans, but each other. It's a crowd mentality that seems to rapidly drift from verbal harassment to violence over almost nothing. I blame it on the video game culture that our youth were raised in - poor parenting really.

idk man i think its more just the places we come from. I was in Indianapolis for the AFC championship couple years back and the fans there (colts) were so nice to all the jets fans and such. New York / NJ isnt known for being the nicest in any aspect not just NFL. But hey atleast we arnt raiders fans ive heard of stabbings and such there for dumb junk like wearing a opposing teams jersey

idk man i think its more just the places we come from. I was in Indianapolis for the AFC championship couple years back and the fans there (colts) were so nice to all the jets fans and such. New York / NJ isnt known for being the nicest in any aspect not just NFL. But hey atleast we arnt raiders fans ive heard of stabbings and such there for dumb junk like wearing a opposing teams jersey

I agree to a degree - but when a dude can get stabbed in J'Ville over the Jaguars, it's bad all over. I went to the game in New Orleans in Sanchez's rookie year, and the fans were complete ASSES! Since I live only 3.5 hours away, I go to see the Jets every time they play here - probably 3 times in 15 years - and the fans weren't dooshes until they got a little success under them. I think the stadium experience is losing it's appeal to "normal" people.

I agree with you.

People wondering why Ed decided to stop being the Head Chant Leader should look no farther than the vitriol in this thread for the guy.

I don't have the luxury of going to home games so I have to go to away games within a drive of Detroit. I've been to away games at

1) Detroit X2

2) Cleveland X3

3) Chicago (Champlain) X1

4) Indianapolis X3

5) Buffalo X1

And at every one of those games, spread over a 10 year span, the behavior of opposing fans has deteriorated every year. The 2010 game in Detroit was the icing on the cake...I have never came that close to getting into a fight in the stands as I did that year.

It's getting to the point where the games have a European soccer feel. It's only a matter of time before professional football teams have firms which are fighting everyone in opposite colors.

Look at SF-LA and what happened to the Giants fan..it's not just baseball.

I'm taking my 8 year old daughter to her first NFL game this Sunday, Colts at the Lions, and I am questioning my decision already. We're donning Lions shirts, even though she's just as big of Jets fan as anyone, and we're going to try to mix in with the home fans and have fun. Unfortunately, all I can think about right now is how big of a$$holes the "fellow" Lions fans around us are going to be.

The Generation of Me-Me-Me has made going to games unbearable. No one cares about their actions and its affect on others these days. Things have changed from "I don't want to be that guy" to "I don't care what anyone thinks about me". Christ, you can see that these days at Costco and how people drive their carts around like a phucking NASCAR race plowing into anything in their path because "You should have got out of the way".

Screw it. Drop $1500 on a sweet 55"-60" HDTV, get a home theatre system, and spend the money you would spend at the stadium and make the ultimate man cave. Invite your friends over, barbeque, take a leak when you want....it's just as fun now.

Going to the game, especially a NFL game, is losing its luster fast......and the obnoxious, alcohol-induced a-holes who have become the norm at these games are going to drive each and every normal fan away.

People wondering why Ed decided to stop being the Head Chant Leader should look no farther than the vitriol in this thread for the guy.

I don't have the luxury of going to home games so I have to go to away games within a drive of Detroit. I've been to away games at

1) Detroit X2

2) Cleveland X3

4) Indianapolis X3

5) Buffalo X1

And at every one of those games, spread over a 10 year span, the behavior of opposing fans has deteriorated every year. The 2010 game in Detroit was the icing on the cake...I have never came that close to getting into a fight in the stands as I did that year.

It's getting to the point where the games have a European soccer feel. It's only a matter of time before professional football teams have firms which are fighting everyone in opposite colors.

I'm taking my 8 year old daughter to her first NFL game this Sunday, Colts at the Lions, and I am questioning my decision already. We're donning Lions shirts, even though she's just as big of Jets fan as anyone, and we're going to try to mix in with the home fans and have fun. Unfortunately, all I can think about right now is how big of a$$holes the "fellow" Lions fans around us are going to be.

The Generation of Me-Me-Me has made going to games unbearable. No one cares about their actions and its affect on others these days. Things have changed from "I don't want to be that guy" to "I don't care what anyone thinks about me". Christ, you can see that these days at Costco and how people drive their carts around like a phucking NASCAR race plowing into anything in their path because "You should have got out of the way".

Screw it. Drop $1500 on a sweet 55"-60" HDTV, get a home theatre system, and spend the money you would spend at the stadium and make the ultimate man cave. Invite your friends over, barbeque, take a leak when you want....it's just as fun now.

Going to the game, especially a NFL game, is losing its luster fast......and the obnoxious, alcohol-induced a-holes who have become the norm at these games are going to drive each and every normal fan away.

I will never go to another football game again in my life-UNLESS, say the Jets make it to the Super Bowl and it happens to be being played down here...so like I said I'll never go to another football game....Jets, Super Bowl BWAHAHA...yea right, as if...

I will never go to another football game again in my life-UNLESS, say the Jets make it to the Super Bowl and it happens to be being played down here...so like I said I'll never go to another football game....Jets, Super Bowl BWAHAHA...yea right, as if...

LOL. Like I tell my Lions friends here in Detroit, when our teams go to the Super Bowl, it will be against each other.

......and I'll be long dead of old age.

1) Detroit X2

2) Cleveland X3

4) Indianapolis X3

5) Buffalo X1

Know you decide it, but I hereby nominate this for POTW. The NFL really doesn't get that they have made the gameday experience a very expensive pain in the ass.

bottom line is ive been watching this guy in person since i was like 8 years old or something........in those days nothing would excite me more than than Ed whipping the crowd into a frenzy and doing the chant. it was LITERALLY the only source of pride for me as a Jets fan until Parcells came around......and now its just gone.....no one is gonna realize what we lost until they score that first touchdown and there is no chant during the ensuing kickoff......its going to be trippy man....sad day for sure

And the worst part is gonna be the inevitable 20 year old douche who is going to try to take the mantle from ed.......i wont respect the guy and will just shut him off.......he hasnt been around during the bad times

bottom line is ive been watching this guy in person since i was like 8 years old or something........in those days nothing would excite me more than than Ed whipping the crowd into a frenzy and doing the chant. it was LITERALLY the only source of pride for me as a Jets fan until Parcells came around......and now its just gone.....no one is gonna realize what we lost until they score that first touchdown and there is no chant during the ensuing kickoff......its going to be trippy man....sad day for sure

And the worst part is gonna be the inevitable 20 year old douche who is going to try to take the mantle from ed.......i wont respect the guy and will just shut him off.......he hasnt been around during the bad times

When do you figure that will be? Maybe Game 8 or 9 of the 2013 season?

Our organization blows. Since 1980 this team has been to 4 AFCCGs and we lost all 4.

Not since Parcells have we had a guy that actually can run a football organization.

I guess its ok to have a circus like environment. And talk all kinds of sh*t all the time about how great you are and when the time comes to perform you get your ass kicked all the time.

Its embarassing. Its pathetic and it's stupid sh*t.

We need people to stop talking BS on this team. Step up and earn your paycheck. Come up with creative ways to score and creative ways to stop the other team from scoring that's called adjustments. If the current coaches can't get it done, its simple, we need to change the coaches. If our current QB can't get it done, its simple we need to draft or trade ofr one that will get it done. Same for every position player on this team.

Enough with the excuses enough with all the talk. Step up be a man and contribute to a Jets victory. Man oh man you just had your team destroyed and embarassed we need to win out and prove we are not quitters.

GO JETS

Yeah, just read the thread. I didn't know that was the reason. But meh. Whatever. Seems like a great moment to quit "cause of the fans"... when we are getting destroyed and show zero promise.

He stuck it out during the Kotite years, I don't think that had anything to do with it. People probably were blaming him for how the Jets are playing because they're drunk, stupid, and just immature.

They tried to find a replacement a few years back and it did not work very well at all. I'm kinda glad he's doing this, I know it's a pipe dream but the fans need a voice to show their disgust with this organization.

1) Detroit X2

2) Cleveland X3

4) Indianapolis X3

5) Buffalo X1

I swear that the same people that cut you off in traffic and then give you the finger are at these games. All the booze tailgating just ups the ante.

Costco is a freakin horror show too.

It's not enough he's got to be one of the public faces of this team while it rips our hearts out... AGAIN. But he has to take sh*t from everyone and their brother about it? I don't blame him.

Who knows, he could be having health problems. Like blood pressure or something. Being provoked multiple times per day can't be healthy for anyone, it's gotta get old.

Anyone whining about how he is a "abandoning" the fans is stupid. The franchise is the one abandoning the fans, nobody else.

I don't care about him. He knew what he was getting into and I am sure he enjoyed the "fame". End of the day, he quit. Couldn't care less.

I don't care about him. He knew what he was getting into and I am sure he enjoyed the "fame". End of the day, he quit. Couldn't care less.

Sounds like you care enough to have nothing good to say. If you truly didn't care, you'd have gone without commenting.

looks like Woodys vision of the upper crust of manhattan society attending games didnt really pan out?? it seems like since the PSL's were introduced the lack of civility at games has gotten waaaaay outta control......the old stadium was filled with real people......real fans. Now any yahoo with a few bucks can come in there and act like they own the place...(well, they kinda do with the seat liscences).......i feel like in the old stadium this would never had happened.....Jets fans abusing other Jets fans......well done Woody....well done

PSL's have nothing to do with it. The team not winning and the fans wanting to take it out on someone having anything to do with the team is what's caused this. Ed is a very public face of the franchise, whether people want to admit it or not, and when some drunken a$$hole sees him, they see the Jets team and blame him like he was in the war room at the draft. It's stupid people, being stupid. Nothing more.

Giants have PSL's too. I bet if they were playing like we are, and watching the other team in the stadium go to and win two SB's, they would probably have a$$hole fans causing issues too.

PSL's have nothing to do with it. The team not winning and the fans wanting to take it out on someone having anything to do with the team is what's caused this. Ed is a very public face of the franchise, whether people want to admit it or not, and when some drunken a$$hole sees him, they see the Jets team and blame him like he was in the war room at the draft. It's stupid people, being stupid. Nothing more.

Giants have PSL's too. I bet if they were playing like we are, and watching the other team in the stadium go to and win two SB's, they would probably have a$$hole fans causing issues too.

Bingo.

i guess the point was that the "good" jets fans got priced out of the new stadium in favor of guys who could afford PSL's and their bratty kids......not trying to say that if you can afford a PSL than you are a bad fan.......just that the people who bleed green aren't in such great numbers anymore.......

here is an example.....15 years ago it seemed like there were zero hot girls at jets games......seriously none.....now everywhere i look there is some hottie with a 2 sizes too small sanchez jersey on......Now im not saying that its a bad thing to have girls there or that girls are the problem in the stands....just pointing out that the demographic of salty, old school, middle aged men jets fans has given way to a new breed of fan raised on jerry springer and jersey shore

All I know is, i sit down in 123, the section right next to Ed, and I have seen way more arguments erupting among Jets fans than I have ever seen, and they pretty much exclusively revolve around Tim Tebow, whether he should be in there or not. In my 12 years of regularly going to games, both in upper and lower deck, I have never seen this kind of infighting among fans. Generally when the team does bad, everyone is pretty much in unison in the stands in booing or complaining. Since Tebow, this has changed drastically, with fans arguing with each other, often times getting very heated. This is a whole other thing unlike the rough years of the past.

i guess the point was that the "good" jets fans got priced out of the new stadium in favor of guys who could afford PSL's and their bratty kids......not trying to say that if you can afford a PSL than you are a bad fan.......just that the people who bleed green aren't in such great numbers anymore.......

here is an example.....15 years ago it seemed like there were zero hot girls at jets games......seriously none.....now everywhere i look there is some hottie with a 2 sizes too small sanchez jersey on......Now im not saying that its a bad thing to have girls there or that girls are the problem in the stands....just pointing out that the demographic of salty, old school, middle aged men jets fans has given way to a new breed of fan raised on jerry springer and jersey shore

idk if you can price in or out a good fan. Heck you would think the more money the tickets cost the more businessmen/women who id reckon get into less arguments then other folks. Yankees stadium is dead silent cause a lot of people from wallstreet on their phones. I think its from the places the fans are from, new york/ NJ isnt exactly known for their "southern hospitality". Couple that with an unlikable team and you get this mess. Couple it with world championships and u get the giants

Archived