Fireman Ed Stepping Down

Maxman

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Generation of Me-Me-Me has made going to games unbearable. No one cares about their actions and its affect on others these days. Things have changed from "I don't want to be that guy" to "I don't care what anyone thinks about me". Christ, you can see that these days at Costco and how people drive their carts around like a phucking NASCAR race plowing into anything in their path because "You should have got out of the way".

I may not work at a Costco, but I do work at a supermarket part time and I can definitely confirm this. One time, I was packing out something on the bottom shelf so I was kneeling on the ground (not practicing my Tebowing, I swear) and someone came by, looked right at me, and before I could move out of the way, he hit my leg with his cart. If that wasn't bad enough, he just kept pushing as my foot was stuck under his cart, even as I told him my foot was under his cart. I gave his cart a nice shove to get my foot free and he gave me an attitude and started yelling at me. When the assistant manager asked me what happened after the customer complained about me shoving his cart, I watched the security footage with the manager and he just laughed and said he was surprised I shoved the cart and not the customer. People are just so ****ing spoiled these days. Whenever a customer says to me "the customer is always right", I just laugh at them because they only say that when they know they're wrong.

I've been going to Jet games forever - since Shea. Fights in the stands have always been routine. Jet fans used to float blow up sex toys the way other fans use beach balls. The level of drunkeness has always been impressive.

The PSLs are absurd. But they are not an issue here.

looks like Woodys vision of the upper crust of manhattan society attending games didnt really pan out?? it seems like since the PSL's were introduced the lack of civility at games has gotten waaaaay outta control......the old stadium was filled with real people......real fans. Now any yahoo with a few bucks can come in there and act like they own the place...(well, they kinda do with the seat liscences).......i feel like in the old stadium this would never had happened.....Jets fans abusing other Jets fans......well done Woody....well done

blame the greed

All I know is, i sit down in 123, the section right next to Ed, and I have seen way more arguments erupting among Jets fans than I have ever seen, and they pretty much exclusively revolve around Tim Tebow, whether he should be in there or not. In my 12 years of regularly going to games, both in upper and lower deck, I have never seen this kind of infighting among fans. Generally when the team does bad, everyone is pretty much in unison in the stands in booing or complaining. Since Tebow, this has changed drastically, with fans arguing with each other, often times getting very heated. This is a whole other thing unlike the rough years of the past.

Simple. Get rid of Tebow and his merry band of Tebowtwats and problem solved.

The guy is such a lightning rod I will never understand what the Jets were thinking when they made that move.

The fans have always been dicks at Jets games.

Agreed.

Around 1991, when I was 16, my friend and I got harrassed and threatened like never before by a group of Jets fans because I had a Ken O'Brien Jersey on. All because he had a bad game. I'm surprised Ed hadn't noticed this before.

All I know is, i sit down in 123, the section right next to Ed, and I have seen way more arguments erupting among Jets fans than I have ever seen, and they pretty much exclusively revolve around Tim Tebow, whether he should be in there or not. In my 12 years of regularly going to games, both in upper and lower deck, I have never seen this kind of infighting among fans. Generally when the team does bad, everyone is pretty much in unison in the stands in booing or complaining. Since Tebow, this has changed drastically, with fans arguing with each other, often times getting very heated. This is a whole other thing unlike the rough years of the past.

I bet there were some Matt Robinson vs Pat Ryan knock down drag outs in Shea, though.

I have a a close relative who works with the Maras. On their first trip to Dallas to the new JerryDome, they came back furious, asking what the f___ their billion + payed for in the Meadowlands. You can say it's more expensive to build here, doesn't change the fact that it's a big, ugly Fedders AC unit that has no amenities for most fans and is impossible to get to and in and out of. Though a winning team almost certainly makes going to the game way more tolerable.

There a a whole mess of new arenas and stadiums in and around NY. I haven't been to new Shea, but all the others considered what mattered to fans-getting in and out,broad concourses, road or public transportation access, good and easy concessions, bathrooms. And it's like they built this place with no idea what matters. Can recall being in huge crowds at the old place for GnR and AC/DC, and because of the spirals those crowds quickly dissipated. By contrast there is always a mess on the escalators and stairs. Seen twice people fighting with security, and not defending it but not surprised by it either. Not all surprised one Giant fan fell out of the escalators, merely that it hasn't happned more often.

I have to say getting in and out of the stadium is much better now. How much of that is due to the empty seats and lousy record? Probably a lot.

bottom line is ive been watching this guy in person since i was like 8 years old or something........in those days nothing would excite me more than than Ed whipping the crowd into a frenzy and doing the chant. it was LITERALLY the only source of pride for me as a Jets fan until Parcells came around......and now its just gone.....no one is gonna realize what we lost until they score that first touchdown and there is no chant during the ensuing kickoff......its going to be trippy man....sad day for sure

And the worst part is gonna be the inevitable 20 year old douche who is going to try to take the mantle from ed.......i wont respect the guy and will just shut him off.......he hasnt been around during the bad times

POTW NOM!!!!

The fans have always been dicks at Jets games.

that is true, but its a different atmosphere right now, the Jet fan on Jet fan animosity and fighting is not like anything i've really seen. In the past it was always like "hey we are all on the same boat, whether yelling at Hem, Hackett, Mangini, Penny, etc. This time, half the fan base wants Tebow and the other half hates tebow. Half the fans think the answer is sitting there on the sideline, the other half sees no better option than what we have.

I understand his point. he is still attending games, just not in 'uniform'.

He wants a day not filled with drunken, know it all louts abusing him cause he is still trying to be Pro Jet.

Hey maybe he can Boo now also , LOL

Booing fine, but abusing other fans in stadium for thier beliefs is out of line.

Every free agent QB will be dying to sign with the Jets this off season, just look at the weapons the Jets have on the roster. It will be a stampede!

But can any of those QB's throw int's to DL, throw to the check down like they are trying to take their head off or run square into their linemans ass?

One time, I was packing out something on the bottom shelf so I was kneeling on the ground (not practicing my Tebowing, I swear) and someone came by, looked right at me, and before I could move out of the way, he hit my leg with his cart. If that wasn't bad enough, he just kept pushing as my foot was stuck under his cart, even as I told him my foot was under his cart.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA . AH HA.

If what he say is true, and I have no reason to doubt him, he's not getting away from Jets fans, just moving sections and not leading the chants. Anyone who's been to any NFL game in the last 3 or 4 years has to have seen the complete disregard for civility towards not just opposing fans, but each other. It's a crowd mentality that seems to rapidly drift from verbal harassment to violence over almost nothing. I blame it on the video game culture that our youth were raised in - poor parenting really.

Mob mentality, and it's politically driven IMO, it's what the powers to be want, the mob looking at the shinny keys jingling, so they can continually **** up this country without the majority paying attention IMO, and I dont just mean football crowds this sh*t goes on everywhere. I know no politics, I'll leave it at that sorry.

I've been going to Jet games forever - since Shea. Fights in the stands have always been routine. Jet fans used to float blow up sex toys the way other fans use beach balls. The level of drunkeness has always been impressive.

The PSLs are absurd. But they are not an issue here.

The old cock-n-balls balloon was a tradition floating down from the upper deck. Good times.

the whole fireman ed story strikes me as not the whole truth. Maybe he was getting banned for a fight but they covered it up and this is the spin as to why he's done with his helmet. Note I am not saying this is what happened, I am just making that up as a possibility. it just seems like someone trying to get ahead of the real story.

Enough with the excuses enough with all the talk. Step up be a man and contribute to a Jets victory. Man oh man you just had your team destroyed and embarassed we need to win out and prove we are not quitters.

GO JETS

the JEts will go out and beat the Cardinals next week. If they win out that would possibly salvage the season. But they are in some dire straits

1. The "nastiness" he mentions is evident on this thread. We have a whole bunch of people calling themselves fans that don't root for the team, even when they're doing well.

2. How is the stadium a disaster?

There's a difference between giving an organization the bird because of bad decisions and verbally attacking a fan in the parking lot because your team f'ing sucks.

I can say and feel what I want about this team on this board, however I'd never go out my way to go to a Jetnation tailgate and get nasty with anyone of you guys. Thats what I believe Fireman Ed is correlating.

Archived