Mark Sanchez "Loves" Jets Playoff Chances

CrazyCarl40

i hate this thinking. talkinga bout tanking the 2013 season in dec of 2012.

As bad as the 2013 cap may be, doesn't mean it cannot be turned around. Does mean this crew probably has to be sent to the glue factory for things to get better.

"We'll put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds' name, sure, as soon as we put one next to Babe Ruth's name. Getting to break records before black people were allowed to play? Excuse me, where is that asterisk? Why don't people talk about that"

Omg I so cant wait for Christmas dinner with my Dad. This my year baby.

Too bad he hasn't mattered since then.

It mattered last year, when he was told to "set up the field goal" and he ran in for a TD instead in the game against the JETS.. and it damn sure mattered to the Steelers when they watched him clip their playoff dreams.

"We'll put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds' name, sure, as soon as we put one next to Babe Ruth's name. Getting to break records before black people were allowed to play? Excuse me, where is that asterisk? Why don't people talk about that"

I know Tosh was just trying to make jokes, but it's a valid point. Putting all that aside, the way that I look at the whole steroid era with players like Bonds, A-Rod, Clemens, McGwire, Manny et al. is that if I'm a voter, people have to convince me and give me reasons to keep them off the ballet. Other than they took steroids, they have to give me reasons for keeping a handful of the best, maybe even the best, players in baseball history out of the HOF.

As much as I despise that self-serving a$$hole Canseco, he did bring up a good point last time I heard an interview from him; he said something along the lines of how he knew a dozen players who took the exact same cycle of PEDs as him, had identical diet plans and workout regimes and were career AAA or AAAA players. You don't just take steroids and become HOF players; that's why to me, when you have guys all throughout the 50s and 60s who were hopped up on amphetamines in the HOF, it'd be a travesty to leave these guys out. But that's just my opinion and I know a lot of purists wholeheartedly disagree with me. But they also dislike instant replay so **** them lol.

At least A-Rod has a decade and a half of HOF production and a couple of historic post-season performances to fall back on. This kid literally has done nothing individually to warrant his optimism. I'm not saying he's wrong for saying optimistic, I just wish for once he'd say "I played like absolute sh*t, but I'm going to do whatever I can do get better." That I could at least respect. Don't tell me other than a few plays you played well, just man up and say you played like dick and you'll do better. That's all I want to hear.

He used to say that.

Then he spent time with Pennington in the offseason.

I assume that is where he learned to avoid any semblance of personal accountability.

Archived