Let's Play The What If Game

Lupz27

Since this place is so doom, and gloom lately (deservedly so), I figure let's try, and have some fun with something.

So what's the what IF scenario?

Let's scramble the Jets schedule a little bit, and see what people would think we would be talking about today.

Week 1 Bills (leave the same)

Week 2 @Tennessee (we are better then them, and should beat them here)

Week 3 @Miami (leave the same)

Week 4 49ers (keep the same, we take our beating)

Week 5 @Jacksonville (they suck)

Week 6 Colts (keep the same)

Week 7 @Buffalo (we own them)

Week 8 Miami (who knows what happens here)

Week 9 Bye

Week 10 NE (who knows what the Jets psyche is like if you think like I do the Jets would have a very good record)

Week 11 @Rams (keep the same)

Week 12 @Pitt (a dismantled injury riddled team, we prob still lose lol)

Week 13 Arizona

Week14 Houston

Week 15 @Seattle

Week 16 SD (keep the same)

Week 17 @NE

In this scenario I have the Jets at 7-4 right now, and one could argue 8-3, or 9-2 if they wanted, the 4 losses I have are NE, SF, @Pitt, and Mia, some might say we could have won @Pitt if it were played their this past Sunday, and maybe beat Miami heading into the bye week.

I know how the rest turns out I've watched this movie before, Jets go 1-4 down the stretch, and break all of our hearts duh that's a given.

But my real question here is what would be the attitude around here right now if this What IF scenario happened?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they wanted to?

I do think if you lumped most of the blowouts right at the start of the season and put the Bills game in the last week, people would feel very different about the team in general. We'd feel like Sparano had some kind of offensive philosophy that was starting the pay dividends. Of course that isn't the case, so this saves us from false hope. The Jets are not the worst team in the league. That's the best I can say about them.

The Jets would have been so full of themselves, with Rex pumping his chest going into the bye being 5-3, that the Jets ultimate blow-out to the Pats after the bye would leave them in such shell shock, in such a void of leadership of whet to do after thinking they were so good, that they would first be digging holes all over New jersey to bury footballs, and stand no chance of ever recovering, given their tender psyche.

Forest Gump was right when said "stupid id as stupid does", and it fits Rex and staff.

Jax we still don't know if we'll win. We lost to the Dolphins with Moore at QB come on ... AND HOME !

The blow out of the SF game would have been a huge warning flag of the catastrophe to come.

If they wanted to?

I do think if you lumped most of the blowouts right at the start of the season and put the Bills game in the last week, people would feel very different about the team in general. We'd feel like Sparano had some kind of offensive philosophy that was starting the pay dividends. Of course that isn't the case, so this saves us from false hope. The Jets are not the worst team in the league. That's the best I can say about them.

I know the Jets would have been pounding their chest, but what about us, what would this place be like?

The Jets would have been so full of themselves, with Rex pumping his chest going into the bye being 5-3, that the Jets ultimate blow-out to the Pats after the bye would leave them in such shell shock, in such a void of leadership of whet to do after thinking they were so good, that they would first be digging holes all over New jersey to bury footballs, and stand no chance of ever recovering, given their tender psyche.

Forest Gump was right when said "stupid id as stupid does", and it fits Rex and staff.

Like in 2010? They survived that pretty well.

Truth.

Please explain how this supports your point.

The Jets psyche is schizophrenic, just like their head coach. As a team, they seem unable to control the highs and lows of a individual games, and take time to set a balanced tone.

This stems from leadership. Leadership should be there to maintain and control team temperament and set the pace. What we get is extremes.

The Jets psyche is schizophrenic, just like their head coach. As a team, they seem unable to control the highs and lows of a individual games, and take time to set a balanced tone.

This stems from leadership. Leadership should be there to maintain and control team temperament and set the pace. What we get is extremes.

Crock of sh*t.

They can't handle adversity? They made it to the AFC championship game after getting blown out by the Pats when the team was on a great run. Exactly what you are claiming they can't do here. Temperment, control, pace? They are losing, whatever the reason, but the guy did it before. Maybe he lost the team and can't get them back, but don't give me any bullsh*t like it's a guarantee that he could never win. I suppose that it was all those super bowl winners like Thomas Jones, Braylon Edwards and Tomlinson that were leading the team at that time.

Crock of sh*t.

They can't handle adversity? They made it to the AFC championship game after getting blown out by the Pats when the team was on a great run. Exactly what you are claiming they can't do here. Temperment, control, pace? They are losing, whatever the reason, but the guy did it before. Maybe he lost the team and can't get them back, but don't give me any bullsh*t like it's a guarantee that he could never win. I suppose that it was all those super bowl winners like Thomas Jones, Braylon Edwards and Tomlinson that were leading the team at that time.

Rex Ryan had a shelf life where he was able to build a fever pitch. And that shelf life was short, because he does not command a locker room.

He admittedly lost the team last year and players talked out of turn and performed badly as a team. Based on the comments we see coming from players, and performance on the field, we can see that he has lost the locker room again.

Bill Parcells said it best when he said "Pressure busts pipes". Well, this incarnation of staff and team is leaking water all over the place. They can't take the pressure, they only chest bump when things are good.

Bad traits

Rex Ryan had a shelf life where he was able to build a fever pitch. And that shelf life was short, because he does not command a locker room.

He admittedly lost the team last year and players talked out of turn and performed badly as a team. Based on the comments we see coming from players, and performance on the field, we can see that he has lost the locker room again.

Bill Parcells said it best when he said "Pressure busts pipes". Well, this incarnation of staff and team is leaking water all over the place. They can't take the pressure, they only chest bump when things are good.

Bad traits

The shelf life thing is your point. It may be valid. The idea that Rex is incapabl of bringing a team back from a bad defeat is not.

Was that because they got blown out the week before?

Well, actually, before the Jets went into Pittsburgh during the regular season and won, they managed 9pts in 2 games vs. division opponents and lost each game. Then went into a state they've never won in before and pulled off a victory. If you remember, the horrible leader that Rex is, marked their place in the Pitts locker room because he knew they'd be back again in the playoffs.

Ever think that Pittsburgh is just a good team, and a hard place to play, and even harder to win their home twice in 1 year?

Well, actually, before the Jets went into Pittsburgh during the regular season and won, they managed 9pts in 2 games vs. division opponents and lost each game. Then went into a state they've never won in before and pulled off a victory. If you remember, the horrible leader that Rex is, marked their place in the Pitts locker room because he knew they'd be back again in the playoffs.

Ever think that Pittsburgh is just a good team, and a hard place to play, and even harder to win their home twice in 1 year?

The Steelers kicked the living sh*t out of them in the first half. Our best player even admitted the team wasnt ready to play.

The question again is, in the biggest game of the year to date, did the Jets come out flat?

Actually, I don't think they came out so flat. I think they lost to a better team that matches up well with them. The Steeler defense is tough and tough to run on which put Sanchez on the hot seat - as opposed to Indy and the Pats who try to trade score for score. The D didn't look so hot early, but they got a turnover and were not helped by the O. Rex is so bad with adversity that the team stormed back in the 2nd half and actually made a game of it. I think they got beaten by a superior team, with a seasoned QB.

Actually, I don't think they came out so flat. I think they lost to a better team that matches up well with them. The Steeler defense is tough and tough to run on which put Sanchez on the hot seat - as opposed to Indy and the Pats who try to trade score for score. The D didn't look so hot early, but they got a turnover and were not helped by the O. Rex is so bad with adversity that the team stormed back in the 2nd half and actually made a game of it. I think they got beaten by a superior team, with a seasoned QB.

The Steelers went on a 12 minute drive to start the game. The game was dead there.

Oh. I stand corrected. They must have been flat. The game was over before the 2nd quarter. Sometimes the other team is just better.

12 minute drive to start a game with the rights to go to the Super Bowl, the team wasnt ready to play. Missed tackles, Heath Miller blocking Bryan Thomas 20 yards down the field, PI penalties...the Jets were shell shocked and never recovered.

The Steelers kicked the living sh*t out of them in the first half. Our best player even admitted the team wasnt ready to play.

Werent ready to play is just an excuse for getting manhandled. You really think that the team wasnt ready to play at a shot for the SB? Doubt it.

They got pushed around. It happens. Especially against a physical team like the Steelers on the road, in the playoffs, 2nd time visiting their stadium that year, after 2 spectacular defensive efforts vs. 2 of the best QB's of all time.

Plus, people forget, the Steelers came out flat vs. the Ravens the very game before the Jets. They had to make a comeback effort to win, dominated the 2nd half, and the rest is history.

Players said otherwise.

NEW YORK (WFAN) – Jets owner Woody Johnson doesn’t think New York’s AFC Championship game loss was “anyone’s fault.”Cornerback Darrelle Revis has a different opinion.

“On people’s body language, you can kind of see guys just relaxed,” Revis told the NFL Network on Thursday. “Guys are relaxed and didn’t know what was at stake. That’s why we came out so flat and we didn’t finish strong.”

The Jets lost the the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday night, 24-19, thanks in part to New York’s listless first half.

Revis said several leaders, including him, tried to rally the Jets at halftime.

Archived