Myers: Scott says fans cursing at Jets were probably 'picked last in dodgeball'

THE ILK

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FTR - I'd whip Bart Scott ass in dodge ball. He's slow as dirt. He'd be a sitting duck on a dodge ball court. And I've got a rifle for an arm.

Also, I've never been picked last in anything in my life - so **** you Bart, you and the Jets are terrible pathetic garbage bums.

Patriot style!!

The Jet organization, devoid of leadership has no idea how to handle these types of situations. Regardless of how you feel, do not take it to the media. It only makes you look more trite and sensitive.

But, with a loudmouth like Ryan in charge, who feels it is appropriate to tell everyone exactly what he is thinking, this is what you get.

The Jets PR department could stand to talk to some of these guys.

the media took it to scott

he hadn't even seen the video

this is a job for them, they don't care about the fans. that's an illusion the shield sells us

On saying he wanted to play Bart Scott more…

No, I do, because you see how physical he is. Obviously, he’s been playing with a toe injury that didn’t sound like anything but it’s a big deal. He’s toughed it out. I think there was a stretch of games where you could tell that it really affected him. We had to play him less and put him in some things. I just like the fact that when Bart’s out there, he plays with that physical style of play and passion. It’s good to get him on the field as much as you can even though we know he is not 100 percent.

On if he’s worried teams might pick on Scott when he’s playing…

I mean they can try and isolate him or something like that, that’s fine. When we gave up the big touchdown, it was a communication error it wasn’t just a physical thing. It was a communication error that people are specifically pointing to. There’s ways of doing things that you don’t necessarily know. Trust me, Bart can cover still, it’s just that he’s not 100 percent but he’s still good enough. The way he’s attacking the run and doing different things, Bart doesn’t hurt us. Let’s put it that way. He helps up. I think where I’m coming from, he’s a guy that is obviously frustrated that he’s not 100 percent, but him at what he is now, he still brings that intensity, that passion, that physical play that I really appreciate.

On if Scott is still a leader in the locker room…

I think so. I think when you look at Bart, you don’t see a whole lot of things (he does) like the gatherings at his house. He brings guys to his place to watch film and all that type of stuff he does. In the offseason, the way he leads and brings people with him to workouts and everything else, he does a tremendous job that way. He’s quite a teammate.

On Scott’s comments about the fans…

Yeah, I had a conversation with Bart. What I said, I’ll stay behind, that our fans deserve better. I was the first guy that would say that. With us, as I mentioned to Bart, you have to appreciate the fans. The thing that makes this game so great is the players and the fans. That’s the truth. Obviously, there are frustrations in the fact that we never accomplished what we wanted to do in that game and the fans let us have it. They had every right to. There’s no doubt. You have to appreciate our fans and obviously, in the good times, it’s much easier than the bad times. I had that conversation with Bart.

On whether Scott was picked last out of college…

He was picked last when he came out of college.

On if it matters where you are picked…

No and when you look at him in particular, this is a guy that worked incredibly hard to get to where he is. There’s an amazing stat, and I throw it out every year, especially around the draft, that guys like Bart Scott, Marques Douglas, guys like that, there’s actually more guys that play in this league, that have a 10 year or longer career playing in the National Football League that were undrafted free agents than first-round picks. It’s an incredible stat. It shows that kind of desire and work ethic and everything else. The fact that a guy puts everything he has into it, because you probably would have been drafted higher, had you had physical gifts. I think a guy like Bart, with the passion and everything else, he puts everything he has into it. I think that’s why he’s had a successful career.

On his talk with Scott this morning…

He understands. Like I said, he’s a guy that gives everything he has to this team and to the fans. He wants to win for our team. He also wants to win for our fans. I think you guys will have the benefit of seeing him later. We’ll see what he says.

On if he talked about his fine from two years ago with Scott…

I never brought that up. I think everybody has been well documented though.

On if it changed the way he thinks about the interaction with fans…

No, I learned from it. I think the team learned from it. We keep our head down and go right into the locker room. Obviously, I made a huge mistake there. I hope I wasn’t the only one that learned from it. We just go in and, like I said, people are entitled to whatever they want to say.

The more I think about it, and the more I think about how much I hate people, I gotta say Scott shouldn't say what he says, and he definitely shouldn't lump the minority in with all fans, but I get where he's coming from. I understand booing bad performances and even talking a little smack to players about the game if they're close enough. But some of the sh*t people yell at games at players is disgusting. Athletes are people, they're not JUST their jobs.

Do I want Mark Sanchez starting for the New York Jets anymore? No. But some of the racial slurs I've heard people use to describe him are disgusting. He seems like he's a good guy. He's not a good QB, but he seems like a decent man. He doesn't deserve to have that kind abuse hurled at him. You wanna yell at him and tell him he's a crappy QB, fine. You telling him he hopes he gets raped in prison for crossing the border (in much nastier language) is over the line. There's no reason to hate him that personally. There's just no reason for that kind of nastiness.

People seem to think buying a ticket gives you the right to act sub-human. It doesn't.

The more I think about it, and the more I think about how much I hate people, I gotta say Scott shouldn't say what he says, and he definitely shouldn't lump the minority in with all fans, but I get where he's coming from. I understand booing bad performances and even talking a little smack to players about the game if they're close enough. But some of the sh*t people yell at games at players is disgusting. Athletes are people, they're not JUST their jobs.

Do I want Mark Sanchez starting for the New York Jets anymore? No. But some of the racial slurs I've heard people use to describe him are disgusting. He seems like he's a good guy. He's not a good QB, but he seems like a decent man. He doesn't deserve to have that kind abuse hurled at him. You wanna yell at him and tell him he's a crappy QB, fine. You telling him he hopes he gets raped in prison for crossing the border (in much nastier language) is over the line. There's no reason to hate him that personally. There's just no reason for that kind of nastiness.

People seem to think buying a ticket gives you the right to act sub-human. It doesn't.

Eh. It is what it is. Athletes make $10 mil per because fans will pay to have them dance like organ-grinder monkeys for our amusement. As much as we like to deify them, they exist (professionally) solely to earn our praise or scorn. If they don't want to get yelled at, let them major in phys Ed and get a job teaching junior high lacrosse for $40k.

Archived