Miami Dolphins are a better franchise then the NYJ

GlennFoley

- The Pats still went 11-5 and you guys and the Bills had the same chance we did.

- Trick plays that are being run by almost the entire NFL and plays that were ran the ENTIRE season. You guys really need to find a better argument because even you have to know that is ridiculous. Chastise the coaching staff for being better than the other staffs and Ronnie Brown for having a ridiculous skill set.

-The Pats would've been at worst 13-3 with Brady. At worst.

- The wildcat was new, was the lone reason you beat New England the first time around. It will not happen again. With teams having a full offseason to study all of Miami's BS plays and coaching staff, things will change. Miami 2008 is New York Jets 2006. The same will happen to the organizations, except Miami won't spend big to try to turn it around, they'll just continue to decrease.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- The wildcat was new, was the lone reason you beat New England the first time around. It will not happen again. With teams having a full offseason to study all of Miami's BS plays and coaching staff, things will change. Miami 2008 is New York Jets 2006. The same will happen to the organizations, except Miami won't spend big to try to turn it around, they'll just continue to decrease.

- Was Brady going to stop the Dolphins, Chargers, Jets or Pats from hanging 30+ spots on them?

- Keep telling yourself that. And keep telling youself that spending big works. Try the draft rather than spending out your eyeballs to make bad teams mediocre.

Well, they've won two Super Bowls and didn't have a losing record for like 25 years.

Virtually every franchise is better than the Jets, the Dolphins unfortunately included.

The Jets are arguably the worst franchise in the NFL, say what you want but I don't care.

The Lions just suck but their history is better than ours.

- Was Brady going to stop the Dolphins, Chargers, Jets or Pats from hanging 30+ spots on them?

Yes. It doesn't take a genius to figure out Brady would've either meant:

More points for NE, forcing those teams to take more risks which would in the end equal to more mistakes, or Brady would keep the ball on offense longer than Cassel did as Cassel was shaky early on in the season.

Even worse than the rivals of that team spouting off jealous comments and claiming their team is better than the one that won the division by beating them in their own house on the final week of the season.

What's so comical is that you foolish believe our ridicule of you has to do with jealousy. The Fins did the Jets a favor in ridding us of Mangini and the 2008 season for the Fins will be the highlight of the Parcells-Sparano era.

We don't feel jealous, we feely sorry for you because your standards and expectations are so low.

The single wing offense, HB lining up as QB, LT moved over to the right and 2 TE's dates back over 100 years in football, it's hardly anything new.

To say that Miami always used it is a bit misleading, in 15 games Miami ran a total of 88 plays out of the "wildcat" formation, that's a total of 5.8 plays a game on average. Our offense was not stricktly a gimmick offense full of smoke and mirrors, we just happen to have a RB who can be used in a number of different ways.

- Keep telling yourself that. And keep telling youself that spending big works. Try the draft rather than spending out your eyeballs to make bad teams mediocre.

Get this, they're still paying Chad money, 3 million for 2009 comes off their cap because they cut him :dohslap:

What's so comical is that you foolish believe our ridicule of you has to do with jealousy. The Fins did the Jets a favor in ridding us of Mangini and the 2008 season for the Fins will be the highlight of the Parcells-Sparano era.

We don't feel jealous, we feely sorry for you because your standards and expectations are so low.

If you went 1-15 one year, and won the division the next and you weren't happy with it, you'd be an utter moron.

Yes, but you'd also have to be an utter moron to carry on about it as if you won the Super Bowl after being completely embarrassed in your first round home playoff game.

QFT

In fact, the Fins last 5 playoff losses have all been embarrassments where they've been outscored 153-22.

2008: 27-9 loss to Ravens

2001: 20-3 loss to Ravens

2000: 27-0 loss to Raiders

1999: 62-7 loss to Jaguars

1997: 17-3 loss to Pats

Thus, there really is 1 constant with the Fins: whenever they make the playoffs they're getting blown out.

Yes, but you'd also have to be an utter moron to carry on about it as if you won the Super Bowl after being completely embarrassed in your first round home playoff game.

I'm not carrying on about it; I was just putting in my opinion that the Dolphins are better than the Jets now and in the two historys. And that's not even an opinion, it's a fact.

And big deal, I'm proud of my team. We accomplished a ton this year and are on the track to becoming a very good football team.

I'm not carrying on about it; I was just putting in my opinion that the Dolphins are better than the Jets now and in the two historys. And that's not even an opinion, it's a fact.

And big deal, I'm proud of my team. We accomplished a ton this year and are on the track to becoming a very good football team.

But many of your fishy brethren are carrying on about it. As far as being better than the Jets, sure I suppose that is true. The Dolphins are about 20 minutes of football better than the Jets. Congratulations.

How are we 20 minutes better? We won 2 more games than you.

What are you ****ing ten years old? Do you really think that Jet fans give two ****s about the dolphins? Get real kid...the Jets season is over and in case you didn't know it, so is yours...move on already.

How are we 20 minutes better? We won 2 more games than you.

Because with somewhere around 20 minutes left in the week 17 game, the Jets were leading the Dolphins. If the Jets hold on to win (which basically means any one of 3 Jets defenders catching an easy INT that hit them in the hands) they finish tied at 10-6 with the Jets sweeping the Phins. Of course that didn't happen, so I'm not saying the Jets are better, obviously that nod has to go to the Phins until at least next year, but after all you did ask, so there's your answer. The point is, the gap isn't anywhere near as wide as you would all like to make it out to be.

Because with somewhere around 20 minutes left in the week 17 game, the Jets were leading the Dolphins. If the Jets hold on to win (which basically means any one of 3 Jets defenders catching an easy INT that hit them in the hands) they finish tied at 10-6 with the Jets sweeping the Phins. Of course that didn't happen, so I'm not saying the Jets are better, obviously that nod has to go to the Phins until at least next year, but after all you did ask, so there's your answer. The point is, the gap isn't anywhere near as wide as you would all like to make it out to be.

Let em have it, it's all the have.

Deep down they know the noodle arm will pull a no show next year..

They can turn things around in a mere year..

Oh, I see. Unlike us:

Jets 1996: 1-15

Turn around: Jets 1997: 9-7

Jets 2005: 4-12

Turn around: Jets 2006: 10-6

Jets 2007: 4-12

Turn around: Jets 2008: 9-7

OWNED

They hire smart people..

Oh, Like Cam Cameron a one year HC that led them to what was at the time an NFL worst all-time record of 1-15?

OWNED

Its time for us Jets fans to admit that our franchise is on the par with floozies like Detroit and Arizona...

Detroit hasn't made the playoffs in nine years. In that time, we've been to the playoffs FOUR times since 2000.

OWNED

Okay. At least I now understand what you meant.

But only one ball was dropped by a Jets defender and I think it was Eric Barton. The other potential INT only happened because of a pass interference which was called.

Oh, I see. Unlike us:

Jets 1996: 1-15

Turn around: Jets 1997: 9-7

Jets 2005: 4-12

Turn around: Jets 2006: 10-6

Jets 2007: 4-12

Turn around: Jets 2008: 9-7

OWNED

Oh, Like Cam Cameron a one year HC that led them to what was at the time an NFL worst all-time record of 1-15?

OWNED

Detroit hasn't made the playoffs in nine years. In that time, we've been to the playoffs FOUR times since 2000.

OWNED

Did you just give yourself 3 self-proclaimed ownage smackdowns? HAHA!

They can turn things around in a mere year..

They hire smart people..

Its time for us Jets fans to admit that our franchise is on the par with floozies like Detroit and Arizona...

We are inferior to the Dolphins :cry: ..

Stupid post. the dolphins had a great year....true. It ended when yall played a serious playoff team...period.

They hire smart people??? We had Tuna first and we had success under him. What about all the running backs that you hired before Ronnie? You had quite a few bust and a weed head. how about Mr. Ginn? This was supposed to be the best WR since....EVER for the damn dolphins and dude is mediocre. Your QB is a JET, and the Wildcat wont work next year because every team has gotten to see it for what it is and will have all off season to tame the "cat".

The dolphins had a great year....and kudos to them dudes. But you're really talking out your ass right now just to let you know.

Even worse than the rivals of that team spouting off jealous comments and claiming their team is better than the one that won the division by beating them in their own house on the final week of the season.

Dude.

No one is jealous of a team that got the crap kicked out of them in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Would we have rather won, and made the playoffs, yes. But our expectations are bit loftier than yours apparently, and losing wildcard games in embarrassing fashion is nothing to spout off about.

If I was, I wouldn't have had ~8K posts on JI about how Chad Pennington is not good enough.

Dude.

No one is jealous of a team that got the crap kicked out of them in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Would we have rather won, and made the playoffs, yes. But our expectations are bit loftier than yours apparently, and losing wildcard games in embarrassing fashion is nothing to spout off about.

If I was, I wouldn't have had ~8K posts on JI about how Chad Pennington is not good enough.

I guess when you haven't even seen the level of mediocrity in so long, you can't help but have pride in reaching it. Some us have slightly higher goals, but what's one to do? They'll get tired of it soon enough too, once they realize how strange it is that a team with a quality running game and good defense apparently can't ever get past the wild card round or beat quality teams more often than once in a blue moon.

Okay. At least I now understand what you meant.

But only one ball was dropped by a Jets defender and I think it was Eric Barton. The other potential INT only happened because of a pass interference which was called.

Our rookie CB dropped one that hit him dead in the hands as well..

And the Pass interference was a hold an it was completely unrelated. The difference in that game was your defender's caught Favre's ****ty passed, while our dropped Pennington's..

Our rookie CB dropped one that hit him dead in the hands as well..

And the Pass interference was a hold an it was completely unrelated. The difference in that game was your defender's caught Favre's ****ty passed, while our dropped Pennington's..

Chad went 22 for 30 200 yds and 2 td's....and whats left of your HOF Qb sharted his pants...I don't count almost and what if's as far as your rookie CB dropping int's.

Dude.

You guys actually have high expectations???

Chad went 22 for 30 200 yds and 2 td's....and whats left of your HOF Qb sharted his pants...I don't count almost and what if's as far as your rookie CB dropping int's.

Any troll who signs up to a rivals teams site only when they're winning is the ultimate loser.

No need for "almost" and "what if" because only one week later, Chad actually did play god awfully bad, in the biggest game he played all year. Whether or not you want to disregard the fact that Chad was trying to hand easy picks to the Jets all day, the fact remains that one week later, a quality NFL defense showed him for what he truly is.

Any troll who signs up to a rivals teams site only when they're winning is the ultimate loser.

I signed up a couple weeks before the JETS/FINS game to ask about GIANTS stadium.... i bought tix for the game and wasflying up so i asked about the stadium and stuff...i am not a troll kind sir...i sometimes contribute intelligent post...sometimes..

No need for "almost" and "what if" because only one week later, Chad actually did play god awfully bad, in the biggest game he played all year. Whether or not you want to disregard the fact that Chad was trying to hand easy picks to the Jets all day, the fact remains that one week later, a quality NFL defense showed him for what he truly is.

Your right...but that Ravens D did that to alot of QB's no??? But still...Chad did not play well that game, so you are correct

Sure the dropped INT's don't count, but the ****ty play stays the same and when he runs into someone less incompetent then he is, he ****s the bed. Back then, just like now, I made the point that despite the numbers Chad did not play well, our defense played poorly. I specifically made this point several times to you guys after the Jets- Dolphins game and you didn't believe me then either.

His play was no different in the two games, what was different was the Jets defense unwillingness to take advantage of his shortcomings, while the Ravens tossed his salad. I mean, the same damn game. He lofted a balloon into double coverage that Reed took to the house whereas the Jets defenders bungled it and allowed a completion. He threw numerous passes right into defenders hands, that the Jets players dropped while the Ravens players caught. Imagine if Reed and the other Ravens also dropped those INT's, His statline would look remarkably similiar to above: 25 for 38 252 yards 1 TD

Check the date on below:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1112170&postcount=81

Phillip Rivers ia a great QB imo, and Joe Flacco and Big Ben don't limit an offense the way Chad does. Say what you want, but Chad probably throws 4 picks today if it was the Ravens defense he's facing starting with the 44 yarder that Rhodes played so poorly..

he needs to play a lot better if they want to beat a real defense.b

Archived