Miami Dolphins are a better franchise then the NYJ

GlennFoley

Sure the dropped INT's don't count, but the ****ty play stays the same and when he runs into someone less incompetent then he is, he ****s the bed. Back then, just like now, I made the point that despite the numbers Chad did not play well, our defense played poorly. I specifically made this point several times to you guys after the Jets- Dolphins game and you didn't believe me then either.

His play was no different in the two games, what was different was the Jets defense unwillingness to take advantage of his shortcomings, while the Ravens tossed his salad. I mean, the same damn game. He lofted a balloon into double coverage that Reed took to the house whereas the Jets defenders bungled it and allowed a completion. He threw numerous passes right into defenders hands, that the Jets players dropped while the Ravens players caught. Imagine if Reed and the other Ravens also dropped those INT's, His statline would look remarkably similiar to above: 25 for 38 252 yards 1 TD

Check the date on below:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1112170&p ostcount=81

I understand what your saying and yes Chad did throw the ball up but sometimes you have to throw it up and there and have confidence your WR will make a play...in the Jet game Ginn made a great adjustment and made the play...in the Ravens game it was a smiliar situation only GInn fell down and the safety on that particular play happen to be a future HOF. Your also suggesting the only time Chad plays well is when the opposing D is playing bad???

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand what your saying and yes Chad did throw the ball up but sometimes you have to throw it up and there and have confidence your WR will make a play...in the Jet game Ginn made a great adjustment and made the play...in the Ravens game it was a smiliar situation only GInn fell down and the safety on that particular play happen to be a future HOF. Your also suggesting the only time Chad plays well is when the opposing D is playing bad???

Not exactly. First off, Chad's definition of playing well is different the most QB's. So he has to be graded on a Chad curve. What I was actually saying though was that he was bad against the Jets and if he played that bad against a good defense he'd be eaten alive. Which he did the following week.

But yes, I do believe Chad is hopelessly inept against certain teams and in certain situations. That's never going to change. To beat a team like Pittsburgh/Baltimore he needs his defense to play lights out and have the game be manageable in the 4th quarter* so his team can still have run/pass subterfuge and be content with dinking and dunking. The goal here being to outlast your opponent and capitalize when the other team makes a mistake. That's his entire strategy and approach to football. But put him in a situation where he has to pass and has to throw it more the 5 yards and he almost always gets picked off. Make him make plays and he's lost...

*Incidentally, this was actually his stated goal for the Ravens game, keep it close in the 4th and then see what happens. How this yellow bit of cowardice went unnoticed or uncontested by Fins fans is beyond me. Hey Chad, you weren't playing the 85 Bears in their stadium, you are 11-5 in a playoff game against another 11-5 team in your house and your goal is to keep it close??? pathetic loser. That statement should tell you all you need to know about Chad.

Not exactly. First off, Chad's definition of playing well is different the most QB's. So he has to be graded on a Chad curve. What I was actually saying though was that he was bad against the Jets and if he played that bad against a good defense he'd be eaten alive. Which he did the following week.

But yes, I do believe Chad is hopelessly inept against certain teams and in certain situations. That's never going to change. To beat a team like Pittsburgh/Baltimore he needs his defense to play lights out and have the game be manageable in the 4th quarter* so his team can still have run/pass subterfuge and be content with dinking and dunking. The goal here being to outlast your opponent and capitalize when the other team makes a mistake. That's his entire strategy and approach to football. But put him in a situation where he has to pass and has to throw it more the 5 yards and he almost always gets picked off. Make him make plays and he's lost...

*Incidentally, this was actually his stated goal for the Ravens game, keep it close in the 4th and then see what happens. How this yellow bit of cowardice went unnoticed or uncontested by Fins fans is beyond me. Hey Chad, you weren't playing the 85 Bears in their stadium, you are 11-5 in a playoff game against another 11-5 team in your house and your goal is to keep it close??? pathetic loser. That statement should tell you all you need to know about Chad.

The funniest part is how these dumb homers would have said the exact same thing since 2002. But now that he's on their team... we'll he's just the bee's knees.

Wow...your quite convinicing with your arguments... I'm gonna find this Pennington fella and beat the piss out of em'!!!! But no seriously you make good points...In no way shape or form am i saying Chad is elite but i think he fits perfectly with my Miami Dolphins. Until our roster is talented enough to let Henne take the reigns and become a explosive offense, i love having Chad lead us until that day is possible. But i will also say i think we can win with Chad and by win i mean make it further than the first round of the playoffs...

Wow...your quite convinicing with your arguments... I'm gonna find this Pennington fella and beat the piss out of em'!!!! But no seriously you make good points...In no way shape or form am i saying Chad is elite but i think he fits perfectly with my Miami Dolphins. Until our roster is talented enough to let Henne take the reigns and become a explosive offense, i love having Chad lead us until that day is possible. But i will also say i think we can win with Chad and by win i mean make it further than the first round of the playoffs...

Sure, but the problem is unseating him. Henne will never win a training camp battle with him, and his Martyball style of football (CPF) guarantees you around a .500 record if your defense is remotely competent and your schedule reasonably difficult. You end up stuck in neutral with a top side of divisional round and a litany of excuses if you don't make it that far.

Don't you find it odd that many Jets fans are happy he's gone even though we have nothing at the position? Seriously, think about that for a minute and ask yourself why? I wouldn't take Chad back today if you packaged him with a third round draft pick..

What's their record against the Jet's the last 15 years?

Who has beat who more in their existances?

First off buck-a-roo..your sigs are pretty cool looking, wanna make me a dolphins one? And yes head to head were all aware of our woes against the Jets...but as whole body of work the Miami Dolphins would get the nod of being the more accomplished franchise.

I agree.

Decidedly average.

The product of a weak schedule.

Doesn't stand a chance when it counts.

I'd say you made the perfect comparison.

Did it not count when a playoff birth was on the line and he was on the road against a team we particularly don't do well against... I would think that counts.

Sure, but the problem is unseating him. Henne will never win a training camp battle with him, and his Martyball style of football (CPF) guarantees you around a .500 record if your defense is remotely competent and your schedule reasonably difficult. You end up stuck in neutral with a top side of divisional round and a litany of excuses if you don't make it that far.

Don't you find it odd that many Jets fans are happy he's gone even though we have nothing at the position? Seriously, think about that for a minute and ask yourself why? I wouldn't take Chad back today if you packaged him with a third round draft pick..

I first figured most of the animosity towards him was because he is a Dolphin. I remeber a playoff game against the Steelers where i think your kicker shanked a couple of em all beit i don't remeber the distance but i thought it was Chad leading that team??? Once again he's no Superman but if a Dilfer can do it with a Historic Defense i think Pennignton can do it with a really good Defense. I'm gonna say it...i'm gonna do it...I think Chad Pennigton could take a squad to the SB...not soley by himself but with a quality roster.

I first figured most of the animosity towards him was because he is a Dolphin. I remeber a playoff game against the Steelers where i think your kicker shanked a couple of em all beit i don't remeber the distance but i thought it was Chad leading that team??? Once again he's no Superman but if a Dilfer can do it with a Historic Defense i think Pennignton can do it with a really good Defense. I'm gonna say it...i'm gonna do it...I think Chad Pennigton could take a squad to the SB...not soley by himself but with a quality roster.

Are you trying to piss me off? ;) There isn't a statement that I've read on Jets message boards that pisses me off more then that one..

The facts are that Chad lead the offense to a whopping 3 points on that day. The TD's were scored by defense and special teams. Chad threw an INT around our 20 that lead directly to a Steelers TD. So essentially, he cost the team more points then he delivered.

Further, on those missed FG's. The first one was around a 45 yarder and on the side of the field that makes FG's an extremely difficult proposition. I can't remember the details, but at the time there was only like 1 or 2 made FG's from that distance on that side of the field in the history of the stadiums existence. Had Chad been able to move us 10 yards closer, Brien would've hit it.

The second missed FG was entirely set up by a defensive INT and return. So Chad helped bungle the first FG chance and did nothing on to get us there on the second.

Chad did nothing that day, absolutely nothing and is the number 1 reason we lost, followed by Herm Edwards and then Doug Brien

Are you trying to piss me off? ;) There isn't a statement that I've read on Jets message boards that pisses me off more then that one..

The facts are that Chad lead the offense to a whopping 3 points on that day. The TD's were scored by defense and special teams. Chad threw an INT around our 20 that lead directly to a Steelers TD. So essentially, he cost the team more points then he delivered.

Further, on those missed FG's. The first one was around a 45 yarder and on the side of the field that makes FG's an extremely difficult proposition. I can't remember the details, but at the time there was only like 1 or 2 made FG's from that distance on that side of the field in the history of the stadiums existence. Had Chad been able to move us 10 yards closer, Brien would've hit it.

The second missed FG was entirely set up by a defensive INT and return. So Chad helped bungle the first FG chance and did nothing on to get us there on the second.

Chad did nothing that day, absolutely nothing and is the number 1 reason we lost, followed by Herm Edwards and then Doug Brien

Fair enough...i couldn't actually recall specifics in that game but it seems like you would know. I just remeber most of my jet buddies telling me "Man we got the next Joe Montana" you know all that stuff when the Pennigton hype began.

First off buck-a-roo..your sigs are pretty cool looking, wanna make me a dolphins one? And yes head to head were all aware of our woes against the Jets...but as whole body of work the Miami Dolphins would get the nod of being the more accomplished franchise.
Yet we beat you more then you beat us, what an accomplishment!!!

When was the last time you won a playoff game???

As for a fish sig, no!

And then the next week Brady hung like 30 points on them or something like that. Argh

Sorry, but you're wrong. I'm more culpable for that loss than Doug Brien. You see, my wife was in the hospital for an extended stay... I watch the Rams game Week 17 at the hospital and they lose, but back their way into the playoffs anyhow. My ranting, raving, and yelling nearly put the final nail in the coffin of her 105-year old roommate, so she told me to watch the San Diego game at home, which I did. So, despite the fact that they (barely) beat SD, I return to the hospital (like a fool) to watch the Pittsburgh game and we all know how that turned out. I also took years off my own life, as I held in my outbursts in fear of sending some sickly person to an early grave.

So, if I had watched the game at home that day, the Jets probably win... I would slot me in between Herm and Brien in the goat category for that one.

And then the day after that there were still Jets fans that insisted Chad was better then Brady.. :frown:

It's amazing what a polarizing figure he is and I think in reading Phins fans posts it boils down simply to this when he was on the Jets.

What was your measure of "success" for your franchise? If it was PO then Chad was one of our greatest ever. If it was the potential of a SB and being a dominant team, you hated the guy.

It's amazing what a polarizing figure he is and I think in reading Phins fans posts it boils down simply to this when he was on the Jets.

What was your measure of "success" for your franchise? If it was PO then Chad was one of our greatest ever. If it was the potential of a SB and being a dominant team, you hated the guy.

Man it comes down to posting a 1-15 record worst season in franchise history and then going 11-5 and a division title/PO birth. It's hard not to give Chad the benefit of the doubt. Weak schedule or not... Do you honestly think the Fins have a talented roster???? Yea we have some young guys that are developing...but on paper we are not a playoff team. Chad Pennigton equates to sucess for Dolphins fans and we havn't had that much sucess in the last 6-7 years.

Man, if you only knew.

That Steeler game you mention? Well, Chad led the offense to 3 points in that game and threw a back-breaking INT in Jets territory in the first half. The defense and ST scored TDs, but Chad couldn't get the team in the endzone.

And as to the "historic defense" argument, that is just silly. Are you waiting for the Fins to create one of those once in a generation defenses? Good luck. Plus, the Jets had the 7th overall, tied for 2nd in points defense in 2004 and Chad ****ted the bed against the Steelers.

There realy is no happy ending with Chad. But you and your brethren enjoy mediocrity, so Chad is a perfect fit for you.

Anyone who was saying that after he was exposed in Oakland in the 2002 playoffs is a complete fool.

2002 makes me wanna puke...first off ya shouldn't have even of been there. That may have been the lowest point of being a FIN fan...even worst than last years debacle. But getting back to Pennigton against Oakland...the Raiders had a squad that year and in all realty should have beaten the Cheatriots.

Man it comes down to posting a 1-15 record worst season in franchise history and then going 11-5 and a division title/PO birth. It's hard not to give Chad the benefit of the doubt. Weak schedule or not... Do you honestly think the Fins have a talented roster???? Yea we have some young guys that are developing...but on paper we are not a playoff team. Chad Pennigton equates to sucess for Dolphins fans and we havn't had that much sucess in the last 6-7 years.

And going 5-11 in 2009 would be worth it because of this "magical" run in 2008, correct?

I'm not criticizing you for liking him. I'm just saying that he's not guy people can agree on in the middle. I was one of the types who ultimately always dreamed of a SB and seeing him piss on it year in and year out after I believed in him, just made me ill. Anyways, enjoy it while it lasts as it may be over as soon as next season.

Man, if you only knew.

That Steeler game you mention? Well, Chad led the offense to 3 points in that game and threw a back-breaking INT in Jets territory in the first half. The defense and ST scored TDs, but Chad couldn't get the team in the endzone.

And as to the "historic defense" argument, that is just silly. Are you waiting for the Fins to create one of those once in a generation defenses? Good luck. Plus, the Jets had the 7th overall, tied for 2nd in points defense in 2004 and Chad ****ted the bed against the Steelers.

There realy is no happy ending with Chad. But you and your brethren enjoy mediocrity, so Chad is a perfect fit for you.

Obviously were not playing for mediocrity...were playing to win the game....lots of them. I think Chad is good enough with a supporting cast to get it done...ok screw it lets be honest, unless your way older than i am (26) both Fins and Jets fans may never witness out teams win Superbowls. This is not the life i was promised.

Obviously were not playing for mediocrity...were playing to win the game....lots of them. I think Chad is good enough with a supporting cast to get it done.

And we have 6 seasons of experience to your 1 that say you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

2002 makes me wanna puke...first off ya shouldn't have even of been there. That may have been the lowest point of being a FIN fan...even worst than last years debacle. But getting back to Pennigton against Oakland...the Raiders had a squad that year and in all realty should have beaten the Cheatriots.

Shouldn't have been there? Why, because Miami choked and lost their last 2 games? What does that say for Miami deserving to win the AFCE this season when the Jets were 8-3 and gave it away?

It wasn't the fact that the Jets lost to the Raiders, but that the book was written on how to beat Pennington that day... and what do the Patriots have to do with anything? They didn't even make the playoffs in '02 and the Raiders went to the Super Bowl... :confused:

Man, if you only knew.

This Doug Brien?

16jets.xlarge4.jpg

And once again, the Jets placed their hopes on the right foot of kicker Doug Brien, who last week carried them to a victory in a playoff game and preserved their improbable postseason hopes. But on Saturday, presented with the same situation not once, but twice, Brien and the Jets saw both disappear.

Shouldn't have been there? Why, because Miami choked and lost their last 2 games? What does that say for Miami deserving to win the AFCE this season when the Jets were 8-3 and gave it away?

It wasn't the fact that the Jets lost to the Raiders, but that the book was written on how to beat Pennington that day... and what do the Patriots have to do with anything? They didn't even make the playoffs in '02 and the Raiders went to the Super Bowl... :confused:

oops.

This Doug Brien?

16jets.xlarge4.jpg

And once again, the Jets placed their hopes on the right foot of kicker Doug Brien, who last week carried them to a victory in a playoff game and preserved their improbable postseason hopes. But on Saturday, presented with the same situation not once, but twice, Brien and the Jets saw both disappear.

Ouch!

Archived