Miami Dolphins are a better franchise then the NYJ

GlennFoley

Obviously were not playing for mediocrity...were playing to win the game....lots of them. I think Chad is good enough with a supporting cast to get it done...ok screw it lets be honest, unless your way older than i am (26) both Fins and Jets fans may never witness out teams win Superbowls. This is not the life i was promised.

That's where you're wrong brother... Chad Pennington doesn't play to win games. He plays not to lose them. And you will rip your hair out sooner then you believe.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, even Doug Brien doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Because smart Jets fans, who know the reality of the situation, and don't just focus on the kicks, know that the team that our offense scored 3 points on, got 30 points scored on the following week by the Pats. So, if we made that FG, we'd have just gotten annihilated the following week.

Why?

Because Chad Pennington can't get it done.

This Doug Brien?

16jets.xlarge4.jpg

And once again, the Jets placed their hopes on the right foot of kicker Doug Brien, who last week carried them to a victory in a playoff game and preserved their improbable postseason hopes. But on Saturday, presented with the same situation not once, but twice, Brien and the Jets saw both disappear.

Doesn't that say it all though when it comes to CP? Teams placing their hopes on everyone else... besides him.

See, even Doug Brien doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Because smart Jets fans, who know the reality of the situation, and don't just focus on the kicks, know that the team that our offense scored 3 points on, got 30 points scored on the following week by the Pats. So, if we made that FG, we'd have just gotten annihilated the following week.

Why?

Because Chad Pennington can't get it done.

Troy%20Polamalu.jpg

I'm posting this again in this thread. CrashingJet and Dolphan are quick to point out Doug Brien, but the Fins are never in a position to win a game late in the postseason because they usually get blown out.

The Fins last 5 playoff losses have all been embarrassments where they've been outscored 153-22.

2008: 27-9 loss to Ravens

2001: 20-3 loss to Ravens

2000: 27-0 loss to Raiders

1999: 62-7 loss to Jaguars

1997: 17-3 loss to Pats

Thus, there really is 1 constant with the Fins: whenever they make the playoffs they're getting blown out.

I'm posting this again in this thread. CrashingJet and Dolphan are quick to point out Doug Brien, but the Fins are never in a position to win a game late in the postseason because they usually get blown out.

The Fins last 5 playoff losses have all been embarrassments where they've been outscored 153-22.

2008: 27-9 loss to Ravens

2001: 20-3 loss to Ravens

2000: 27-0 loss to Raiders

1999: 62-7 loss to Jaguars

1997: 17-3 loss to Pats

Thus, there really is 1 constant with the Fins: whenever they make the playoffs they're getting blown out.

The Jets playoff records are worse.

I'll post this again...

Dolphins 22 division titles > Jets 4 division titles.

I'm just glad I only just saw that ridiculous 2004 Steelers / Doug Brien crap in this thread now and that CTM, SMC, EY, etc. had already covered that one. As CTM said in his first response, there is nothing more infuriating than hearing that load of crap. When you're a Jets fan and you know on that day that James Chadwick Pennington wasted away one of the best Jets teams in years and a great performance on both defense and special teams, it is absolutely maddening to think that people actually try to use THAT game as friggin' defense for him.

The Jets playoff records are worse.

I'll post this again...

Dolphins 22 division titles > Jets 4 division titles.

Extremely weak response. The Fins embarrass themselves in the postseason.

And playoff record? I'm talking about playoff games and the Fins don't just lose playoff games, they get destroyed.

But that doesn't matter for the Fins fans. All they care about is making the postseason and they'll be happy to get embarrassed once again.

Extremely weak response. The Fins embarrass themselves in the postseason.

And playoff record? I'm talking about playoff games and the Fins don't just lose playoff games, they get destroyed.

But that doesn't matter for the Fins fans. All they care about is making the postseason and they'll be happy to get embarrassed once again.

For a franchise that's supposedly so much more accomplished, their fans certainly are much more apt to settle for mediocrity, huh?

I'm just glad I only just saw that ridiculous 2004 Steelers / Doug Brien crap in this thread now and that CTM, SMC, EY, etc. had already covered that one. As CTM said in his first response, there is nothing more infuriating than hearing that load of crap. When you're a Jets fan and you know on that day that James Chadwick Pennington wasted away one of the best Jets teams in years and a great performance on both defense and special teams, it is absolutely maddening to think that people actually try to use THAT game as friggin' defense for him.

I actually think it was a remarkable feat by Pennington.

How many times in NFL history do you think a team held its opponent to 17 points in regulation, scored a TD on both defense AND special teams, and managed to lose the game?

I actually think it was a remarkable feat by Pennington.

How many times in NFL history do you think a team held its opponent to 17 points in regulation, scored a TD on both defense AND special teams, and managed to lose the game?

You may be on to something, that has to be some sort of record.

My favorite part for all of those people who try to blame Doug Brien is all you have to do is just look at it from a slightly different angle and their arguments falls to pieces. All it takes is a simple question and you leave the stumped. So what if Doug Brien hit that first field goal, but Santana Moss never returned that punt for a TD or Reggie Tongue never returned that INT for a TD? Who's fault is the loss then? You certainly can't reasonably expect a defensive and special teams return TD to win a game, so what if one of them didn't happen? Of course there are only two possible answers to that question: Chad and Herm. Go figure.

For a franchise that's supposedly so much more accomplished, their fans certainly are much more apt to settle for mediocrity, huh?

Fascinating, isn't it?

But it should be expected considering that the Fins had one of the greatest HCs of all time and greatest QBs of all time, and could not win a championship with them together.

Think of all the great HC-QB tandems: (Lombardi/Starr, Landry/Staubach, Noll/Bradshaw, Walsh/Montana, Holmgren/Favre, Belichick/Brady, etc.) and they all produced a championship EXCEPT Shula and Marino.

Heck, when the Jets had Ewbank & Namath they were able to win a championship

So, of course, Fin fans have to be happy with mediocrity when their favorite team squanders that opportunity.

Fascinating, isn't it?

But it should be expected considering that the Fins had one of the greatest HCs of all time and greatest QBs of all time, and could not win a championship with them together.

Think of all the great HC-QB tandems: (Lombardi/Starr, Landry/Staubach, Noll/Bradshaw, Walsh/Montana, Holmgren/Favre, Belichick/Brady, etc.) and they all produced a championship EXCEPT Shula and Marino.

Heck, when the Jets had Ewbank & Namath they were able to win a championship

So, of course, Fin fans have to be happy with mediocrity when their favorite team squanders that opportunity.

SB III will forever me remembered....the dolphins with all thier self proclaimed glory won 1 more than the Jets...and what SB #'s were they without looking them up...no one gives a ****. But, if you're a football fan, you know what SB III is.

SB III will forever me remembered....the dolphins with all thier self proclaimed glory won 1 more than the Jets...and what SB #'s were they without looking them up...no one gives a ****. But, if you're a football fan, you know what SB III is.

The JETS made the NFL what it is today...

I'm pretty sure that if you ask any fan of football which is a better feat, winning SB III or going 17-0 and they will tell you 17-0 with a SB is a greater feat.

I'm pretty sure that if you ask any fan of football which is a better feat, winning SB III or going 17-0 and they will tell you 17-0 with a SB is a greater feat.

The Phins never have that season that way if the JETS never win SBIII.

Can someone tell me why it's so bad to be happy over winning the division?

That, in itself, wouldn't be so bad. On the other hand, to come to a rival fan's website to gloat about winning the division mostly due to one team losing their starting QB in week one and another team completing an epic collapse, followed by getting embarrassingly spanked at home in the first round of the playoffs is... pathetic, to say the least.

That, in itself, wouldn't be so bad. On the other hand, to come to a rival fan's website to gloat about winning the division mostly due to one team losing their starting QB in week one and another team completing an epic collapse, followed by getting embarrassingly spanked at home in the first round of the playoffs is... pathetic, to say the least.

owned09.jpg

Can someone tell me why it's so bad to be happy over winning the division?

I don't know. You are jizzing you pants over being mediocre. That seems kind of silly to most people. You are so used to failure you throw a party when you suck less. Jets fans aren't like that. Most of us wont accept simply sucking less or doing mediocre.

I don't know. You are jizzing you pants over being mediocre. That seems kind of silly to most people. You are so used to failure you throw a party when you suck less. Jets fans aren't like that. Most of us wont accept simply sucking less or doing mediocre.

Phins fans after watching Chad Pennington this year.

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

That's bull ****.

I came here without any intentions of smack talking, trolling or what have you. I was belittled simply because of my sig and my opinions became deflated throughout the community here.

Throughout the whole year, people told me I was stupid, dumb, retarted or any variations of names for mentioning that the Dolphins had a chance.

I remember there was a thread mentioning that the Thursday night game between the Jets and Pats was for the division title.

I entered the thread and asked why the Dolphins were being written off. I was absolutely killed for mentioning that.

I've earned every right to brag about my team this year. If you guys can't take it, don't dish it out. You just sound so bitter.

Winning your division does not = mediocre

The Dolphins won the division.

Therefore, the Dolphins were not mediocre.

Hell, not even the Jets were mediocre.

And it's funny how you claim Jets fans expect more considering you haven't even been to a Super Bowl in 40 years. And how many divisions have you won in that time span? 2? 3?

That's bull ****.

I came here without any intentions of smack talking, trolling or what have you. I was belittled simply because of my sig and my opinions became deflated throughout the community here.

Throughout the whole year, people told me I was stupid, dumb, retarted or any variations of names for mentioning that the Dolphins had a chance.

I remember there was a thread mentioning that the Thursday night game between the Jets and Pats was for the division title.

I entered the thread and asked why the Dolphins were being written off. I was absolutely killed for mentioning that.

I've earned every right to brag about my team this year. If you guys can't take it, don't dish it out. You just sound so bitter.

You came to a JETS site with no intention of smack talking?

If that is true then we are all mean for picking on a "special" person...

Or your just full of ****...

lol

That's bull ****.

Read the posts again, are you retarded?? YOU'RE ON A RIVALS WEBSITE, IF YOU WANT TO GLOAT ABOUT YOUR TITLE ON YOUR FAN SITES.

If you come on a rivals website don't start saying stupid **** like "if you can't take it don't dish it out" we talk about our team and obviously we're going to bash teams we don't like.

Wake up jerk-off, guys like you are the bane of existence when it comes to the internet. It's nice hiding behind a keyboard to just come on a website to stir **** up. It makes no goddamn sense that the #1 thread on our board is about the GODDAMN DOLPHINS.

Also, division titles have NOTHING to do with what expectations are. Jets fans are ridiculously bitter due to the fact that we haven't had a SB in 40 years. You guys aren't doing any better yet the division titles are enough to keep all you guys happy.

Read the posts again, are you retarded?? YOU'RE ON A RIVALS WEBSITE, IF YOU WANT TO GLOAT ABOUT YOUR TITLE ON YOUR FAN SITES.

If you come on a rivals website don't start saying stupid **** like "if you can't take it don't dish it out" we talk about our team and obviously we're going to bash teams we don't like.

Wake up jerk-off, guys like you are the bane of existence when it comes to the internet. It's nice hiding behind a keyboard to just come on a website to stir **** up. It makes no goddamn sense that the #1 thread on our board is about the GODDAMN DOLPHINS.

Also, division titles have NOTHING to do with what expectations are. Jets fans are ridiculously bitter due to the fact that we haven't had a SB in 40 years. You guys aren't doing any better yet the division titles are enough to keep all you guys happy.

Perhaps is you won more than two, you'd know how much fun they can be. :cheers:

Perhaps is you won more than two, you'd know how much fun they can be. :cheers:

Perhaps if you mean?

No thanks, I'm a Yankee fan and making the playoffs and getting bounced every year isn't good enough for me. Same applies to football. And when we win a SB, you can count on the fact that even then I would never go on a Pats/Bills/Phins website to tout our victory.

Archived