Jets OL coach DeGugliemo admits to be forced to play Ducasse

T0mShane

That kneecaps the argument that Decasse is playing because of money.

Keep in mind both Slauson and Moore are free agents next year. It would be good to have some Vlad tape when making that decision. And fwiw i've seen both of those players make more high profile mistakes than Vlad. Moore especially has been wrecked by the Pats. Mark running into Moore's ass happened because Moore was in the process of getting bull rushed to the locker room. Also the play where Sanchez had to kick the ball out of the ez, slauson was getting blown up.

That kneecaps the argument that Decasse is playing because of money.

The money is the salary cap. To have a better team it will help to save some money at G. As Bit says both starters are FAs next year. This is exactly the kind of thing we'd like to do during a "lost season" but apparently they were trying it early on.

I actually liked his point about the poor blocking of the Tight Ends and indirectly talking about the backs not hitting the holes fast enough or sacks being from poor blitz pickup by the fullback or the QB holding onto the ball too much. It is always on the Oline, even when no one else is doing their job.

No, but the opinion of the OL coach doesn't seem like it's worth the paper that it's written on. Read the whole article, the guy sounds like an ass. He should probably be locked in a basement and by all means kept away from a microphone.

He's here because of Sparano, that's enough for me not to care about his opinion. This guy is low on the chain of command, doesn't appear he knows it.

It's hard to remember the last time Rex told the truth about anything.

+1

Was he wearing a polygraph?

Reasons for Rex to lie:

1.) He doesn't want to portray himself as a coach who's not in control of who he plays

2.) He's protecting Tannenbaum

Lord this is getting ridiculous.

Actually, it gets more ridiculous by the story. Here's Rex today:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Rex said he doesn't know why teams don't sub o lineman like they do receivers, RBs. #jets #nyj

it's notable that you excluded Revis, Mangold, Brick and Harris. All great Tanny picks. Even Mo Wilkerson looks like a Pro bowler and not in your paragraph. I agree Tanny could be fired, and it will be because of Sanchez extension. but if you expect the draft to always be great, that's unrealistic. The Revis trade up was the best Jets pick for 40+ years. But we can't talk about that when it's pitchfork time.

Mangold, Brick and Harris? :confused0006: So we have to go back to 2006 to find an impact player drafted by Tanny? 2007 for Revis? And Wilkerson is now a Pro Bowler? What about 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012? Where are all those great draft picks? What's notable is we haven't had an impactful draft in years. Which is why I excluded players picked five years ago.

Abraham and Ellis were taken in a single draft. Those were good picks. I've seen no evidence that Wilk and Coples can match either's production. We can only hope.

more like Ellis and Trevor Pryce than Ellis and Abe. The Jets really need an Abe but these guys are closer to DT than DE.

Tanny has been too scared to draft another Gholston but assuming he survives this offseason, hopefully the risk of drafting a pass rusher outweighs the risk of not drafting one.

The offensive line is the least of the Jets worries.

It's not elite, but on a team full of minefields, this is a road flare, not Hiroshima.....

BD

You got to be kidding. They have been inconsistent all year, they get credit for this team sucking.

both the Wilk and Coples were good picks.

Awesome. So let's just count landing one good player in the first two rounds on an average of every other year as success for the past 5 drafts, and never fire anyone because hey whaddya gonna do right Bro Montana? Players play and coaches coach and drafters draft and rosters and gameplans have NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW ANYTHING PLAYS OUT ON YHE FIELD.

The problem is that it's hard to believe anything Rex says right now. At this point I think he's just convincing himself that an alternate reality exists.

All he needs to is win and none of this sh*t matters. Easier said then done.

Actually, it gets more ridiculous by the story. Here's Rex today:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Rex said he doesn't know why teams don't sub o lineman like they do receivers, RBs. #jets #nyj

More and more teams are doing this...It's how the Giants broke in Beatty...it's what made Anthony Collins a sleeper starter in FA...it's how the illustrious Wayne Hunter got playing time...it's how the Packers broke in TJ Lang or Bulaga IIRC....

More and more teams are doing this...It's how the Giants broke in Beatty...it's what made Anthony Collins a sleeper starter in FA...it's how the illustrious Wayne Hunter got playing time...it's how the Packers broke in TJ Lang or Bulaga IIRC....

The difference is that the Giants, Packers, and Bengals weren't forcing bad players onto the field in a lame attempt to justify wasting a draft pick on an outright bust.

Awesome. So let's just count landing one good player in the first two rounds on an average of every other year as success for the past 5 drafts, and never fire anyone because hey whaddya gonna do right Bro Montana? Players play and coaches coach and drafters draft and rosters and gameplans have NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW ANYTHING PLAYS OUT ON YHE FIELD.

I wouldn't take total credit for good picks away, but I agree it isn't enough. You can't hit on 50% of your first round draft picks (like everyone does) and use that as justification to say the rest of his (mostly awful) drafts of late after round 1 are therefore excused.

Each team is given 7 rounds to draft in every year, not 1 round to draft in every other year.

The difference is that the Giants, Packers, and Bengals weren't forcing bad players onto the field in a lame attempt to justify wasting a draft pick on an outright bust.

You can't honestly know if those teams did or did not do that, ask Carson Palmer who rather of quit football then remain a Bengal. The grass is not greener everywhere but here.

Archived