Tebow Will Be Inactive Sunday

CrazyCarl40

tebow is the jeremy lin of the NFL. great for a handful of games. Started sucking. Shipped out of town and sucks outright.

Jets fans think that the Tebow that is on the roster is the same guy who was great for the regular season (and 1 playoff game) in denver. he's not. he's the Tebow who got smoked in the playoffs and can't beat out one of the worst starters in the league. We want to believe it's Tanny and Woody and the contract's fault. Maybe the dude just stinks.

tebow is the jeremy lin of the NFL. great for a handful of games. Started sucking. Shipped out of town and sucks outright.

Jets fans think that the Tebow that is on the roster is the same guy who was great for the regular season (and 1 playoff game) in denver. he's not. he's the Tebow who got smoked in the playoffs and can't beat out one of the worst starters in the league. We want to believe it's Tanny and Woody and the contract's fault. Maybe the dude just stinks.

Mark Sanchez is the Blossom Russo of the NFL.

So, in essence, Tebow was healthy enough last week but, with nothing at all changing, he is probably not active this weekend.

Makes no sense. Rex needs to go, sad to say.

Has nothing to do with health... it's politics.

Basically, the coaching staff has thrown this season away to spite the general manager and/or owner.

My guess is that behind closed doors, there is a big match of **** you going on. I get the impression that Rex won't move on past Sanchez because he swore he'd ride or die with him, and he thinks going back on his word matters to players (after he gets fired, lol)

Woody is probably clammoring for Tebow. Rex is basically burning a season, and potentially his career as a head coach to make the point to Woody that it's about winning.

Ah sh*t... I can't do it... I'm trying so hard to spin it as Rex being a guy of principle, and having a point to all his stupidity... I'm lying to myself... their all idiots.

Conor Orr@ConorTOrr

Ryan said he's not ready to declare McElroy active either, though. #jets #nyj

"Rex, once Darnell Dockett sat on Mark's head and knocked him out of the game, you were forced to go to a Wildcat offense helmed by Jeremy Kerley. Why didn't you just activate Greg McElroy?"

"We considered it. We did. I talked with Tony and the offensive guys, and they thought he was ready for it. Greg said he was ready for it. But I said no. There was no way I was going to let that happen. I'm not just a coach, I'm a human being, you know? But Greg's done a lot of good things, and I really wanted him out there. But there was just no chance of that happening. I mean, in an emergency, could we have used him? Yeah, and I would have loved to. But I was never going to do that. I mean, if I had to, I would have. But I never would have, even if I had to."

"Rex, once Darnell Dockett sat on Mark's head and knocked him out of the game, you were forced to go to a Wildcat offense helmed by Jeremy Kerley. Why didn't you just activate Greg McElroy?"

"We considered it. We did. I talked with Tony and the offensive guys, and they thought he was ready for it. Greg said he was ready for it. But I said no. There was no way I was going to let that happen. I'm not just a coach, I'm a human being, you know? But Greg's done a lot of good things, and I really wanted him out there. But there was just no chance of that happening. I mean, in an emergency, could we have used him? Yeah, and I would have loved to. But I was never going to do that. I mean, if I had to, I would have. But I never would have, even if I had to."

A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Has nothing to do with health... it's politics.

Basically, the coaching staff has thrown this season away to spite the general manager and/or owner.

My guess is that behind closed doors, there is a big match of **** you going on. I get the impression that Rex won't move on past Sanchez because he swore he'd ride or die with him, and he thinks going back on his word matters to players (after he gets fired, lol)

Woody is probably clammoring for Tebow. Rex is basically burning a season, and potentially his career as a head coach to make the point to Woody that it's about winning.

ocham's razor Mark is better than Tebow who is better than Greg. Simplest answer.

i saw him at the Senior Bowl a couple years back and his arm strength was Chad-like.

Wasn't Pennington's arm strength one of the main comparisons used to compare with Matt Ryan's when he came out (Matt Schaub being the other)? You would probably remember better than I would since you grade college prospects and clearly I don't. (I prefer to cowardly grade them in hindsight).

If - IF - he can accurately/adequately throw 15 yards without needing a rainbow arc to it then it'll do. So he can't throw a 15 yard out. I think we can deal with that for a little while. Sanchez can barely throw a 15 yard in (where it's supposed to end up).

Rex has to be busting balls. There's no way he doesn't activate McElroy if Tebow is out.. right?

That level of stupidity would be indefensible.

as much as i like GMAC, it would be hilarious if rexey went in with just 1 QB , and if nacho got knocked out, the presser would be priceless

So, in essence, Tebow was healthy enough last week but, with nothing at all changing, he is probably not active this weekend.

Makes no sense. Rex needs to go, sad to say.

Agree 100%...The Jets are in such dissaray right now that the whole Tannenbaum, Rex regime needs to be shown the door.

According to reports the Jets will deactivate quarterback Tim Tebow from Sunday’s game against the Arizona Cardinals due to fractured ribs.  This is quite the strange move considering Tebow was the only other active quarterback, besides Mark Sanchez, during the Thanksgiving night loss to the New England Patriots while suffering from the same injury.

The Jets are still non committal if third string quarterback Greg McElroy will be activate for the Cardinals game in Tebow’s place:

Check out our JetNation for more on Tebow’s status.

Archived