Eddie George = back to Titans?

George may finish his career in Tennessee

Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn.-- Running back Eddie George, who had the worst season of his career with the Dallas Cowboys in 2004, could return to the Tennessee Titans, his original team.

George, the Titans' all-time leading rusher, and Titans coach Jeff Fisher said they are interested in pursuing George's return. George spent the first eight years of his career with Houston/Tennessee.

George signed with Dallas last year but wasn't re-signed by the Cowboys after rushing for a career-low 432 yards and four touchdowns.

"I am not ready to put a percentage on it right now, but there is a chance," Fisher said. "I always thought Eddie should finish his career here, but there are a lot of things we have to work through."

The Titans have recently lost star players Derrick Mason, Samari Rolle and Kevin Carter as they dealt with salary cap restrictions.

If George, 31, returns to Tennessee it would be as a backup to third-year pro Chris Brown.

"I definitely have an interest in coming back. I never had any ill feelings toward the organization," George said.

He was a punishing runner. He has NOTHING left.

How True Maxie!! Those type of runners never last

long..He should have read Martins book on how to

go down easy without pain..I forget who wrote the

forward for the Book?? It was either TS or the Hunts

point Hookers!! :lol:

Archived