Tim Tebow ruined the JETS

ECURB

If there was no Tebow, Rex makes a move benching Sanchez sooner and the Jets make the play with McElroy. Tebow locked in Sanchez.

All today did was drop the Jets down the draft order list, Greg Mac might be smart enough to not turn it over, and that makes beating the likes of Arizona, Jax, Tenn, pretty much a given, but he will make guys pine for the Chad Pennington days when the Jets need to throw to win against the likes of NE, Denver, and such, he doesn't have the arm to win a shoot out unfortunately, it's a shame to because I do like him as a leader, and his knowledge, and smarts on when to do what with the ball.

All today did was drop the Jets down the draft order list, Greg Mac might be smart enough to not turn it over, and that makes beating the likes of Arizona, Jax, Tenn, pretty much a given, but he will make guys pine for the Chad Pennington days when the Jets need to throw to win against the likes of NE, Denver, and such, he doesn't have the arm to win a shoot out unfortunately, it's a shame to because I do like him as a leader, and his knowledge, and smarts on when to do what with the ball.

That will literally never happen.

The truth is the skillset he has is the perfect skillset for a backup QB and it's very unlikely the Jets ever make him their "franchise" guy. At this point you let him finish out the season to see how he really does, but go into the offseason with the understanding that the Jets still need to be looking for a new long-term solution at QB.

Rex ruined the Jets, not Tebow. It doesn't matter who is on the roster, the coach is supposed to back the guys that give him the best chance of winning. Rex is the only human who didn't see a change was necessary.

He was forced to use Tebow as the #2...thus making Sanchez the best option.

That will literally never happen.

The truth is the skillset he has is the perfect skillset for a backup QB and it's very unlikely the Jets ever make him their "franchise" guy. At this point you let him finish out the season to see how he really does, but go into the offseason with the understanding that the Jets still need to be looking for a new long-term solution at QB.

The problem is Greg Mac will win some of these easy games because he won't turn the ball over, and we will finish 8-8, and pick around 15-20 in the draft, you let Sanchez finish the year we prob lose today, and a few more, and finish 6-10 at best with a much better pick, and that's just the start, an 8-8 finish might actually save some people's jobs around here, and that would suck.

I don't know if being in a shootout with NE or Denver is the best way to beat teams like that, you have to stop them with your defense. If you want to beat NE, play defense and protect the ball. I don't remember too many shootouts where NE lost, the Chargers beat them in a shootout years ago, and the Colts in the playoffs, but that was more of a comeback, I'm sure there more but my point is that it doesn't happen often and that isn't the way you beat those kind of teams.

I don't know if being in a shootout with NE or Denver is the best way to beat teams like that, you have to stop them with your defense. If you want to beat NE, play defense and protect the ball. I don't remember too many shootouts where NE lost, the Chargers beat them in a shootout years ago, and the Colts in the playoffs, but that was more of a comeback, I'm sure there more but my point is that it doesn't happen often and that isn't the way you beat those kind of teams.

Holding the Patriots to under 24 points just does not happen, and the only way the Jets win that game with a QB like Mac is to always have the lead, the minute you are forced to throw the ball Belicheck will have his 6-8 man zone coverages ready to jump the outside, and deep middle routes, and no matter how early Mac throws the ball the Pats defenders will already be swooping in for the pick, its how every Jets, Pats game has gone with Chad at QB since 2004 when the Jets were forced to throw to win.

It would take a perfectly executed offensive game plan to beat the Patriots with him, (or magically finding 3-4 guys who can get pressure on Brady with only a 3-4 man pass rush alla the Giants) the Jets would have to score on every possesion early in the game, and never have to drive the ball down the field late in the game where passing on every play is a given. Like I said holding the Pats under 24 is just not realistic, with the Jets defense, you have to be able to get to Brady with only 4 guys rushing, and get to him very quickly like the Giants did last year, and in 2007, and like Sean Ellis did in our playoff victory against them in 2010, he had a super human performance that day pass rushing, and IMO is one of the major reasons why the Jets finished the game with more points on the board than the Pats that day, we were never behind late, and never had to expose ourselves to passing only situations in that game against Beli's zone D scheme.

Holding the Patriots to under 24 points just does not happen, and the only way the Jets win that game with a QB like Mac is to always have the lead, the minute you are forced to throw the ball Belicheck will have his 6-8 man zone coverages ready to jump the outside, and deep middle routes, and no matter how early Mac throws the ball the Pats defenders will already be swooping in for the pick, its how every Jets, Pats game has gone with Chad at QB since 2004 when the Jets were forced to throw to win.

It would take a perfectly executed offensive game plan to beat the Patriots with him, (or magically finding 3-4 guys who can get pressure on Brady with only a 3-4 man pass rush alla the Giants) the Jets would have to score on every possesion early in the game, and never have to drive the ball down the field late in the game where passing on every play is a given. Like I said holding the Pats under 24 is just not realistic, with the Jets defense, you have to be able to get to Brady with only 4 guys rushing, and get to him very quickly like the Giants did last year, and in 2007, and like Sean Ellis did in our playoff victory against them in 2010, he had a super human performance that day pass rushing, and IMO is one of the major reasons why the Jets finished the game with more points on the board than the Pats that day, we were never behind late, and never had to expose ourselves to passing only situations in that game against Beli's zone D scheme.

Sorry , was getting back to you last night but the page jammed, I lost my post and had to shut down. So I did a number crunch last night, not counting the Matt Cassel year or the playoffs, since 2004 to now, the Pats have averaged 19 points in all of their losses. I doesn't matter if it's Mac or Superman, you have to shut them down with defense to even stand a chance, all 3 phases firing on all cylinders, you have to play 4 quarters of great football. Asking any QB to pull a Joe Montana late in a game against the Pats as if it were clockwork is just unrealistic. I'm excited about this kid, We"ll see what happens.

Archived