McElchampionship

T0mShane

For once you and I are in complete agreement. No balls on this coach at all. He runs the depth chart and he says who plays. And rather than taking the reigns and leading the team, he waited until he could scheme Tebow out of the lineup so he wouldn't have to deal with the fallout. It's the same injury the guy had a week and a half ago, but now he can't dress? Yeah, OK. Straight coward.

Yeah, this is essentially it.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex taking credit for finally making a switch is ridiculous. This is a move that should have been done weeks ago but he was fearful of making the move to Tebow. Rex basically screwed the whole Jets season by not making a QB move, whether to Tebow or McElroy earlier. My guess is Tebow actually gets more snaps now because there is limited downside to doing it but still its a move Rex needed to make earlier. It also confirms that my contract idea was pretty much wrong on Tebow and just solidifies that the organization is too closely run by Woody which is not a good thing.

As for McElroy the reason you make this move earlier to see how he reacts once teams have film on him. Of course Im making the leap that he ends up doing ok these next few weeks simply because the team plays better (and you saw that today how excited they were on both sides to not be playing with Sanchez), but you get the Glen Foley scenario where people pencil McElroy in as starter and then you find out he cant play. The Jets have been a mess with personnel management....

We're free!!!!

McElroy sucks big donkey dick but I'm so relieved we're free of that piece of sh*t.

REJOICE!!!

Let Greg suck that big donkey as long as he keeps winning. Far better than Sanchez taking that bid donkey in the..

Your first sentence ****ed up the whole point. We don't know if Mac is the answer, that's why you have him start the rest of the season. If you do know he's not the answer, having him start is useless.

And this is why the job Rex did this year is inexcusable and should cost him his position. Even if McElroy proves to be just a jag who doesn't turn the ball over, the season will have been wasted on Rex being too scared to do this when it was necessary. No owner should stand for this sh*t to be honest. Just a complete display of a combination of cowardice and incompetence that I've never seen before in coaching. This is sh*t that's maybe a smidgen above Petrino-type crap. Unless Woody's at the heart of it, which is entirely plausible.

And this is why the job Rex did this year is inexcusable and should cost him his position. Even if McElroy proves to be just a jag who doesn't turn the ball over, the season will have been wasted on Rex being too scared to do this when it was necessary. No owner should stand for this sh*t to be honest. Just a complete display of a combination of cowardice and incompetence that I've never seen before in coaching. This is sh*t that's maybe a smidgen above Petrino-type crap.

Tell it.

Just wondering why this is the mindset with McElroy? I mean, I obviousely am not saying he is the long term answer but why do so many of you seem so confident he absolutely is not? We havent seen anything from this guy one way or another. And dont say preseason because thats crap and means nothing, hes playing with 3rd stringers then. Just curious as to why nobody thinks this guy could actually have a chance at being something.

He's Chad Pennington part II. Difference is he is a 7th not a 1st round pick..

Very questionable arm. Smart, accurate passer. Doesn't turn the ball over very often.

Why is everyone so sure that McElroy can't play?

If any team deserves to get lucky with a sleeper QB that turns out to be steal its the NY Jets. After all that we've endured over the years we are seriously due.

I'd like to see McElroy get a real chance to run the offense. He is perfect for the G+P, which is basically what he ran in college. All the kid has ever done is win games at every level he's played at, how people can write him off without seeing him play one game is beyond me.

I'm not sure how anyone can write off McElroy either. He made a few plays that Sanchez has never made in all his time here. Also, the team seemed to respond to him coming in. Which backs up my suspicion that the team doesn't like Sanchez. Not sure why - but I always had that feeling.

Why is everyone so sure that McElroy can't play?

If any team deserves to get lucky with a sleeper QB that turns out to be steal its the NY Jets. After all that we've endured over the years we are seriously due.

I'd like to see McElroy get a real chance to run the offense. He is perfect for the G+P, which is basically what he ran in college. All the kid has ever done is win games at every level he's played at, how people can write him off without seeing him play one game is beyond me.

The problem is that it's a longshot because of his pedigree and measurables. You don't really get a good gage on players like McElroy until they've had several starts under their belt and opponents actually have some film to work off of, then you see their acumen and versatility. That takes a while and 5 games definitely isn't enough to make that call. This is precisely why if you're going to make this move (McElroy over Tebow), you make it earlier; because what you'll essentially have now is too small a sample to judge if he's the goods or not and you certainly can't hang 2013 on his shoulders off of that either. And that's why Rex is such a goof, this is textbook sh*t here and he should have known better. If this move gets made after the Miami or Seattle games the book's written on McElroy going into 2013, and truth be told it should have been done after the Miami game so the kid would have had the entire bye to prep.

Agreed. The change had to be made. But the fact that it was made so late creates a whole new set of problems. See RJF supra.

I agree bro. This should have been done 4 weeks ago. Who knows if he will be good. He did do a few smart things out there today, he showed he could lead the team, and he showed he had a strong enough arm. Lets see what he does with a week of practice. Sanchez is just not a smart QB and he is kinda a puss and his teamates hate him. Idk what else we need to see from him.

F**K YOU SANCHEZ...there is no way they start that puss eee. He is the worst jet qb since Bubby Brister wore a Jet uni! Sanchez has 5 fumbles and 13 picks this year! He only has 12 tds. The guy flat out sucks...18 takeaways and 12 tds. HORRIBLE! If you start Sanchez next week then say good bye to a majority of Jets fans till next year.

Just wondering why this is the mindset with McElroy? I mean, I obviousely am not saying he is the long term answer but why do so many of you seem so confident he absolutely is not? We havent seen anything from this guy one way or another. And dont say preseason because thats crap and means nothing, hes playing with 3rd stringers then. Just curious as to why nobody thinks this guy could actually have a chance at being something.

Because QB's taken in the late rounds of the draft never amount to anything. Oh, wait....

0815-flash-mob-water-pistol_full_600.jpg

Did you feel that way today after seeing his 7 passes or whatever it was? He threw a few bombs out there man, one pick that was reversed (bad example) and the long pass where he overthrew Hill. I thought his arm looked pretty strong. Who knows with this guy but we can only hope we see some good stuff the rest of the year assuming he plays.

Archived