McElchampionship

T0mShane

The problem is that it's a longshot because of his pedigree and measurables.

What specifically is the problem with his "measurables"?

I thought he looked pretty good today and actually had a much quicker release than sanchez, was significantly more mobile, and panicked less. He reminds me of Andy Dalton sans red hair.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex taking credit for finally making a switch is ridiculous. This is a move that should have been done weeks ago

if Rex takes the blame when they lose, he gets credit for the switch. Monday morning QB the timing all you want... it's the head coach's call.

What specifically is the problem with his "measurables"?

I thought he looked pretty good today and actually had a much quicker release than sanchez, was significantly more mobile, and panicked less. He reminds me of Andy Dalton sans red hair.

I don't disagree, but unless they are committed to giving him Dalton's weapons, he will not put up a lot of points, which won't win in the NFL today.

He looks like he may be decent, but the real test will be when opponents get some sense of his weaknesses, and how he adjusts.

I turned the game off in the third quarter and saw Lincoln. Good movie. Had I known this was gonna happen, I might've recorded it. Lol. Oh well...

My guess is Sanchez starts next week. Maybe he has a shorter leash, but he'll get another chance to bounce back. Right or wrong.

How much must Rex & Co. hate Tebow? This was obviously orchestrated with Tebow inactive. I bet he's having unchristian thoughts about now.

I don't disagree, but unless they are committed to giving him Dalton's weapons, he will not put up a lot of points, which won't win in the NFL today.

He looks like he may be decent, but the real test will be when opponents get some sense of his weaknesses, and how he adjusts.

In reality he's probably not the long-term answer but I would certainly rather go into 2013 with an open training camp competition with McElroy and a vet than see 1 more game of Sanchez with his total disregard for protecting the football.

In reality he's probably not the long-term answer but I would certainly rather go into 2013 with an open training camp competition with McElroy and a vet than see 1 more game of Sanchez with his total disregard for protecting the football.

I agree

My guess is Sanchez starts next week. Maybe he has a shorter leash, but he'll get another chance to bounce back. Right or wrong.

If Rex goes back to Sanchez it makes it very difficult to make a case for his return next season. His best move right now is to ride it out with gmac and throw Tanny under the bus in the off-season.

I turned the game off in the third quarter and saw Lincoln. Good movie. Had I known this was gonna happen, I might've recorded it. Lol. Oh well...

How much must Rex & Co. hate Tebow? This was obviously orchestrated with Tebow inactive. I bet he's having unchristian thoughts about now.

I'd be shocked, shocked if Sanchez starts next week.

i enjoy how fans believe Rex and company to be incompetent yet also capable of a multi-week orchestration to bench Sanchez at precisely the time Tebow was hurt. Which is it? Are they incompetent or are they masterminds?

JMO if Tebow was healthy he may have gotten that chance today. It was not planned to the letter. Rex's plan this morning was to win with Mark. By 3pm he basically snapped and had seen enough. I don't think it was orchestrated or planned.

I'd be shocked, shocked if Sanchez starts next week.

Yeah, I gotta agree. Rex had the perfect opportunity at the presser to say that Mark is still his guy and passed on said opportunity. Hell, it's been his favorite thing to say all friggin' season no matter how badly Sanchez played. I think he just didn't announce McElroy as the starter because it is a major move that's tough for him to go back on later. Also even though McElroy did fine it's not like he went in there and threw for 120 yards on his 7 attempts.

This is majorly giving Rex the benefit of the doubt as to reasons for not announcing next week's QB. But in the end I think he'll start McElroy.

If I'm wrong and he starts Sanchez, it may be time to harpoon him and sell what's left of his blubber.

I doubt Sanchez starts again. The stadium was surreal today. The entire fanbase hates him.

it's true, absolutely true. the crowd started roaring when they went to commercial... we all knew the only thing that could make them cheer, like that, was a Sanchez benching. rex deserves credit for this move, as pathetic as this season is and as bad as the Cards were, it was a good call at the right time.

Your first sentence ****ed up the whole point. We don't know if Mac is the answer, that's why you have him start the rest of the season. If you do know he's not the answer, having him start is useless.

Depends on what the question is... Is he gonna be a top tier QB... Nah. Is he good enough to take the reigns until we're in position to grab a top tier prospect? I hope so.

Yeah, I gotta agree. Rex had the perfect opportunity at the presser to say that Mark is still his guy and passed on said opportunity. Hell, it's been his favorite thing to say all friggin' season no matter how badly Sanchez played. I think he just didn't announce McElroy as the starter because it is a major move that's tough for him to go back on later. Also even though McElroy did fine it's not like he went in there and threw for 120 yards on his 7 attempts.

This is majorly giving Rex the benefit of the doubt as to reasons for not announcing next week's QB. But in the end I think he'll start McElroy.

If I'm wrong and he starts Sanchez, it may be time to harpoon him and sell what's left of his blubber.

Exactly.

If McElroy starts and sucks ass, and they want to see if the benching did anything to help Sanchez, I'd disagree with it, but whatever.

But at this point they have to see if McElroy can actually play the position.

If they start Sanchez next week, sh*t will get really, really ugly.

I'm not sure how anyone can write off McElroy either. He made a few plays that Sanchez has never made in all his time here. Also, the team seemed to respond to him coming in. Which backs up my suspicion that the team doesn't like Sanchez. Not sure why - but I always had that feeling.

Not sure why?

How about no accountability and no consequences for 3 years and 11 games?

Depends on what the question is... Is he gonna be a top tier QB... Nah. Is he good enough to take the reigns until we're in position to grab a top tier prospect? I hope so.

As they say in basketball: "The ball don't lie."

I agree with you, but let's just see Mac play for extended periods of time and with defensive game film against him and see how he does. Mind you, according to reports, Mac did not get a single 1st team rep in practice at all this week.

Wow, Mac hasn't even gone to sleep yet on his first day as an NFL starting QB and dbate is already pulling out the pitchforks.

Not at all. The switch was long overdue, and better McElroy than Tebow. I just don't think he has the physical tools to be more than a 2. Hope I'm wrong.

I doubt Sanchez starts again. The stadium was surreal today. The entire fanbase hates him. Everyone knew Rex had to finally make a switch....you cant have a product like that for the prices pay for tix. Total embarrassment.

The big question heading to Jax is who backs up McElroy? Can Rex really deactivate Tebow on his homecoming game? Hell, why not start Tebow?

I think Rex dresses 3 QB's and takes the easy way out of that tough decision.

Not at all. The switch was long overdue, and better McElroy than Tebow. I just don't think he has the physical tools to be more than a 2. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with you, but we have to find out.

Getting a QB of the future has to be the top priority for the Jets, it's not Samchez not Tebow, so give Mac a shot, and I hope I'm wrong too

i enjoy how fans believe Rex and company to be incompetent yet also capable of a multi-week orchestration to bench Sanchez at precisely the time Tebow was hurt. Which is it? Are they incompetent or are they masterminds?

JMO if Tebow was healthy he may have gotten that chance today. It was not planned to the letter. Rex's plan this morning was to win with Mark. By 3pm he basically snapped and had seen enough. I don't think it was orchestrated or planned.

No, it was not an orchestration, but it is pretty obvious that Rex wants absolutely nothing to do with Tebow. Rex wrote a whole freakin' chapter in his book on why the Tebow offense sucks and one game where Smith can't tackle (as usual) is not going to change that.

Fate bailed Rex out due to the Tebow injury. It gave him the perfect excuse to bypass him on the depth chart.

It's amazing how an ordinary, kind of competent relief performance stirs such giddiness. That's how deep we have been wallowing in the $hit at QB. Nice to get the win, nice to maybe send Sanchez packing but this is still a very, very sad organization. The Three Amigos will manage to eff things up by Wednesday.

The big question heading to Jax is who backs up McElroy? Can Rex really deactivate Tebow on his homecoming game? Hell, why not start Tebow?

I think Rex dresses 3 QB's and takes the easy way out of that tough decision.

I think starting Tebow is as bad as Sanchez, neither are the QB of the future, lets find out if McElroy can be.

Anything else is a waste at this point

I don't think so...

I think he avoided committing to Mark at the presser to avoid the immediate backlash that would have come with that decision.

I think Mark goes again, sadly. I also think he'll play well enough against Jax to keep this nonsense going...

I don't think so...

I think he avoided committing to Mark at the presser to avoid the immediate backlash that would have come with that decision.

I think Mark goes again, sadly. I also think he'll play well enough against Jax to keep this nonsense going...

No way, won't happen.

Rex is really, really, really dumb, but not that dumb.

Oh, I agree. I was just laughing at your post because you're like a QB serial killer. The corroner hasn't even done the autopsy yet and you're prospecting your next victim.

I think Mac needs an offseason of Brady PEDs, the same Brady used to go from a weakling as a rookie to a rocket arm his 2nd year and take over for Bledsoe. Yeah, Brady just so happened to have Greg Anderson's number on his cell phone so he can ask him about Bay Area athletic clubs.

Archived