Sorry to interrupt the party...

Garb

...but I'm still trying to figure out why the Jets traded for Tebow. Ticket sales, right? Merchandise sales, right? And, if that is indeed true, aren't you screwing over a good human? Bad QB, good human. Therefore, this year may just be karma biting you in the ass.....much like that effin' David Tyree helmet catch post spygate/2007 scoring splurge.

...but I'm still trying to figure out why the Jets traded for Tebow. Ticket sales, right? Merchandise sales, right? And, if that is indeed true, aren't you screwing over a good human? Bad QB, good human. Therefore, this year may just be karma biting you in the ass.....much like that effin' David Tyree helmet catch post spygate/2007 scoring splurge.

We did the roster of the league a favor by burying the tard on our roster to never see the light of day again.

Maybe if you posted in a site where people were like minded with you, you'd be able to "figure it out"

I do agree that it was a financial move, however, didnt Tebow break his ribs?

Ugg I hate trolls

Hah! You may have been trolling but the truth is: Hell Yes Tannenbaum lied to Tebow. TT could have gone to Jacksonville and walked on water there. But he chose NY because he thought he could take over the helm here and have an opportunity to be something special in the great Big Apple. Let's face it. He was never going to get the job. I'm not even sure his ribs are injured. The timing was way too perfect. Tebow chants start, "oh by the way...Tebow can't play his ribs are broke". When ? How? Why did he suit up the following week with McElroy in civvies? Rex? "yeah I didn't even know about it till yesterday." B.S. The kid was never an option. He was here to run the option. And sell tickets. Period. Our FO has always played dirty pool with its players. Even former players. If I were a FA, I'd give Florham Park a very wide berth. Like Nnamdi did not so long ago.

Hah! You may have been trolling but the truth is: Hell Yes Tannenbaum lied to Tebow. TT could have gone to Jacksonville and walked on water there. But he chose NY because he thought he could take over the helm here and have an opportunity to be something special in the great Big Apple. Let's face it. He was never going to get the job. I'm not even sure his ribs are injured. The timing was way too perfect. Tebow chants start, "oh by the way...Tebow can't play his ribs are broke". When ? How? Why did he suit up the following week with McElroy in civvies? Rex? "yeah I didn't even know about it till yesterday." B.S. The kid was never an option. He was here to run the option. And sell tickets. Period. Our FO has always played dirty pool with its players. Even former players. If I were a FA, I'd give Florham Park a very wide berth. Like Nnamdi did not so long ago.

Truth.

353b3i.jpg

You are going to talk to us about karma? Look at what you do with your time here. Look at it some more.... yeah. Now stfu.

Truth.

He lied to him? Did he tell him Sanchez doesn't suck?

Go away. Nobody likes you.

He lied to him? Did he tell him Sanchez doesn't suck?

They lied to Tebow making it seem as if they took him seriously as a QB. Granted, im glad that McElroy and not Tebow got the nod yesterday. Tebow sucks. He's in New York to sell merchandise and tickets. I feel that if this wasnt true then he would have a greater role in the offense, like running conventional offensive plays. Tebow this year has thrown less than 10 passes and if im correct, none of them came from under center. Mind you, Sanchez is having probably his worst year as a pro with Tebow allegedly coming here to put heat on Sanchez. This just doesnt make sense.

Let me put it like this, whatever the FO and Tebow talked about I know for a fact Greg McElroy had nothing to do with that conversation. I think now that Sanchez has obviously proven me wrong and for the fact that I've never really liked TT as a QB, Greg McElroy is obviously the best QB we have and probably the 2nd best QB playing in NY.

Nobody likes a condescending douchebag. This is not a personal attack on you. I'm just saying, in general. Why I posted it in THIS thread, I have yet to discern. Maybe you can help me figure it out?

Again, not a personal attack on you, just thinking aloud here. Must be the hangover from the party...

They lied to Tebow making it seem as if they took him seriously as a QB. Granted, im glad that McElroy and not Tebow got the nod yesterday. Tebow sucks. He's in New York to sell merchandise and tickets. I feel that if this wasnt true then he would have a greater role in the offense, like running conventional offensive plays. Tebow this year has thrown less than 10 passes and if im correct, none of them came from under center. Mind you, Sanchez is having probably his worst year as a pro with Tebow allegedly coming here to put heat on Sanchez. This just doesnt make sense.

Let me put it like this, whatever the FO and Tebow talked about I know for a fact Greg McElroy had nothing to do with that conversation. I think now that Sanchez has obviously proven me wrong and for the fact that I've never really liked TT as a QB, Greg McElroy is obviously the best QB we have and probably the 2nd best QB playing in NY.

From every indication, this was not the case. Rex has been saying all along, they viewed Tebow as a Football player first and foremost. Pretty clear this was forced on him and he wanted nothing to do with it.

Not sure what being the 2nd best QB in NY gets you these days when you're competition for 2nd place are the worst at their positions in the league.

FTR - Tebow has one incompletion on the year which was a perfect ball dropped by Jason Hill. He has 1 pass attempt that wasnt from center.

I'm not sure what all this merchandise talk is, but the selling of jerseys and ancillary goods is fairly miniscule, haven't we already been over this ad nauseum in recent years? If anything it was just to draw media attention, not for the sake of schlepping a few extra jerseys.

Yeah and it's shared revenue. Somebody actually explained to me that it was because they make more money selling the jerseys at their team store. I'm sure that is a huge percentage of the money the team earns.

Archived