The Walking Dead Mafia GAME OVER TOWN WINS

Sakaea

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ape's making the exact same mistake in this game that he made last game. "You look too Townie, so you must be scum."

Used the same case against me in Lily's game, and I was Town.

No. Ape is using the rationale that Lily is trying to appear pro-town. That is very different from actually being pro-town. Generally, people who play pro-town games are town, while people who try to appear pro-town without actually contributing to scumhunting are scum. Also, Ape is correct in that if they know what they are doing, scum will usually not appear to be exceptionally dirty and may even appear to be extremely pro-town (e.g. Doggin, Slats Jordan, Dan Soze)

Short answer, I don't know if Lily is Town or scum, but no, I'm not scum. Are you?

I'm just saying, we're ten hours into the game. Is it really necessary to run someone up to a lynch in the first twelve hours? Why the hurry bro?

No. Ape is using the rationale that Lily is trying to appear pro-town. That is very different from actually being pro-town. Generally, people who play pro-town games are town, while people who try to appear pro-town without actually contributing to scumhunting are scum. Also, Ape is correct in that if they know what they are doing, scum will usually not appear to be exceptionally dirty and may even appear to be extremely pro-town (e.g. Doggin, Slats Jordan, Dan Soze)

In addition, this isn't entirely the same as what I did last game with Ishy. It was D5 when I cased him, and the case was logically sound regarding him playing crystal clean all game, but the other aspect was he went all-in on dirty play on his last day alive. He was pushing a "No doc" setup to get an uncountered doc lynched, and backing Cindy's obvious frame-job case on me. We don't need to revisit last game, it's not the same.

I have no idea why he's sticking his nose into this tbh... but I do know based on how he played the end of last game that he makes uninformed assumptions without considering all the info available to him. So he may just be guilty of acting like he knows more than he does here.

Short answer, I don't know if Lily is Town or scum, but no, I'm not scum. Are you?

I'm just saying, we're ten hours into the game. Is it really necessary to run someone up to a lynch in the first twelve hours? Why the hurry bro?

I am town. I am not scum or third party.

And no, that's not what you were "just saying". What you were "just saying" was that I was wrong about Lily, which means you either know she is town, or you don't know what you are ****ing talking about. There's no in-between.

As for the insinuation that I'm rushing... I'm scum hunting as I normally would, minus the excessive meta that I got lectured about last game. (Ironically by JIF and Verbal, who ended up being scum.) That's just a pathetic was of trying to re-direct insinuation back to me.

You are insinuating that I'm scum and trying to rush us into night phase so I can use my night kill? That's downright ****ing stupid. Best things scum can do on D1 is be patient and let the town cannibalize itself. It's when scum starts fence-sitting, acting pro-town and setting up the next days lynch before we even see a lynch completed that they show their ass.

That's not what I was saying at all, I just pointed out that you were using the same logic that you used last game, and in that instance, you were wrong. Just showcasing that using that logic isn't infallible.

As for why no rush, Town is at a disadvantage from the start, hitting scum day one, sure, it can be done, the odds are low, but they increase if we take our time and build better cases than "man, you look clean." Literally ten hours into it feels like a rush and decreases our odds of getting a better lynch.

As for insinuating that your scum Ape, if I thought so, I'd vote you, or at least throw out an FoS. I did neither, just made a statement. Why so defensive?

blanket statements about rap, like blanket statements about anything, suck donkey balls.

apes case on lily makes some sense... only thing I'm confused about is the willingness to throw out an unwritten rule.

wwwwwwom's prodding that along makes little less sense but I don't know how he plays. didnt think of him as a Greek chorus but who knows. um football term, well go with cheerleader.

ishys defense and then Lilly's distancing from it...

I don't know, I woke up to all these posts last night and I thought then, and I think now.... someone must have said let's put on a show...

maybe I scared them all away, cause... dead silence when I showed up, in the middle of what seemed like live play.

or maybe everyone else fell asleep.

hi, morning crush, why did you vote wwwwom, btw, reason or general principles?

That's not what I was saying at all, I just pointed out that you were using the same logic that you used last game, and in that instance, you were wrong. Just showcasing that using that logic isn't infallible.

As for why no rush, Town is at a disadvantage from the start, hitting scum day one, sure, it can be done, the odds are low, but they increase if we take our time and build better cases than "man, you look clean." Literally ten hours into it feels like a rush and decreases our odds of getting a better lynch.

As for insinuating that your scum Ape, if I thought so, I'd vote you, or at least throw out an FoS. I did neither, just made a statement. Why so defensive?

My case on Lily isn't "man, you look clean" it is that she is being demonstrative in trying too hard to draw attention to her pro-town careful play, which looks disingenuous, and casting suspicion and willingness to vote anyone on any of the established trains (JIF, Basel) before knowing the alignment of those trains, but then voting Basel anyway. I'm accusing her of basically breadcrumbing pre-emptive cases/suspicion for the next days lynch on the players sitting on two of todays trains, which has proven to be a universal scum tell in my experience.

Oh, here is another fact in response to the bold: the speed with which we complete our day one lynch has absolutely NO impact on the odds of lynching. That is an outright lie.

I'm not being any more or less defensive than I'd normally be. I'm correcting your logical and statistical fallacies as you position yourself behind them, and pointing out that you are ending posts with leading questions that point back to me with insinuated guilty. You've done it again here "why so defensive?" just like "why in such a rush?" That is the scum coward's way of FOS'ing... insinuate I might be up to something, then when a townie says "yeah Ape, wtf?" and votes me, you can safely follow their lead against me. You serve it up subtly, but don't have high-profile accountability for turning momentum towards me.

I know that trick too.

I agree with some of what monkey is spewing. Yet he loses me as he drifts from playing mafia to writing a mafia text book. Need a freaking glossary for some of the terms. LOL

For me I think Pac is a dick. As town the dude comes in guns a blazing lynching town, power roles and even a rare scum. This game he seems either cautious or disinterested. Now he did say he was not playing until January so maybe just not warmed up yet. Or.. maybe he got hit with a scum role and not really feeling himself yet. I find it easier and way less stressful to play as town. Plus I voted him and not sure he even responded. Not like him.

So I will go back to the lawn mowing homo and see if I cant get him to dance me a Macarena.

unvote

vote Pac

Last VC count for the night from me, you lot. If someone wants to do VCs during the night, go ahead. I'll do one first thing in the morning when I get up.

Also, just watched last night's Walking Dead. ****in' awesome. If Daryl dies in the second half of the next season I'll go ****in' ballistic. Merle can die for all I care. And Michonne is a badass. Wish she'd killed the Governor (blech) instead of just half blinding him. And Andrea needs to pull her head out of her ass.

more scenes less chit chat mmkthx.

I agree with some of what monkey is spewing. Yet he loses me as he drifts from playing mafia to writing a mafia text book. Need a freaking glossary for some of the terms. LOL

For me I think Pac is a dick. As town the dude comes in guns a blazing lynching town, power roles and even a rare scum. This game he seems either cautious or disinterested. Now he did say he was not playing until January so maybe just not warmed up yet. Or.. maybe he got hit with a scum role and not really feeling himself yet. I find it easier and way less stressful to play as town. Plus I voted him and not sure he even responded. Not like him.

So I will go back to the lawn mowing homo and see if I cant get him to dance me a Macarena.

unvote

vote Pac

I like this case. Could go here.

AVM, Pac or Hess - those are my top 3.

unvote

vote Pac

Long-winded version of what I said about PAC early on. I'm happy to return to voting him if ere are believers, that said lily, Basel, Ishy make for more informative lynches.

What say we do a little competing trains exercise. PAC vs. Ishy (or) PAC vs. lily?

Archived