If We Win Out: 9-7

TNJet

Is there logically any real chance we can get a wild card? Obviously we need help from other teams to get beaten or beat certain people but hey, winning out looks very realistic with McElroy at the helm against sub par teams remaining. Don't lose hope yet. Jets could rally and atleast gain a little respect by making a run.

Holy crap that's a crap load of optimism after a 7-6 win. LOL

If having your starting QB suck so bad that for 3 qrters we can't score any points against the lowly cards, and then we put in a new young, intelligent winner for the rest of the game that leads us to points in his first drive, and could've been second drive (if needed) doesnt convince you that a new QB is all we needed I don't know what will.

If having your starting QB suck so bad that for 3 qrters we can't score any points against the lowly cards, and then we put in a new young, intelligent winner for the rest of the game that leads us to points in his first drive, and could've been second drive (if needed) doesnt convince you that a new QB is all we needed I don't know what will.

Weapons

True, although Greg will make use of the weapons we have instead of handing it to the oppositions weapons on defense ala Sanchez.

Problem is we will not know what we have in GMac until half a dozen games and other teams get film on him. I could see us winning out but it won't really matter except a lower draft selection. If Sanchez starts next week Im gonna puke.

True, although Greg will make use of the weapons we have instead of handing it to the oppositions weapons on defense ala Sanchez.

Greg has two plays..

Hand off, and the play you saw in the end zone fake left, roll out right.. Bama did it over and over and over and over. That is it.

Love the enthusiasm for GMC, it won't last. Other than that, the best thing that could have ever happened for the JETS is the lack of Sanchez, although it might be short lived if Mark threatens to release the video of Ryan.

Greg has two plays..

Hand off, and the play you saw in the end zone fake left, roll out right.. Bama did it over and over and over and over. That is it.

Love the enthusiasm for GMC, it won't last. Other than that, the best thing that could have ever happened for the JETS is the lack of Sanchez, although it might be short lived if Mark threatens to release the video of Ryan.

Seeing how Greg only lost 1 football game his whole starting life as a Senior at Alabama, I'd say he can run a few more plays effectively. I like those odds over Sanchez or Tebow anyday. Greg beat Tebow in the SEC championship game in 2009.

Possible, not likely with Indi, Cinci and Pitt winning yeterday, but it's still possible. Indi is most likely in, although they do have to play the texans twice, so who knows. Our best chance is that Cinci and Pitt beat up on each other and get beaten down by philly and dallas. I think we may hold a tie breaker with one of them if all teams are 9-7, but I'm not really sure. Whatever, I'd much rather the Jets win out and give me something to be excited for as opposed to the dretch they've been putting out on the field the last how many months.

I'm as big of a McElroy critic as you'll find on this board as I said he flat out doesn't have the arm strength to be a NFL starting caliber QB, ever since he was play my LSU a couple years back. However, the arm strength that I saw yesterday was noticeably different . If he shows the ability to make all the throws, it at least warrants starting him the rest of the way and keeping him around next year to compete for the starting job with a legitimate matt moore-type veteran and the rookie we should still draft.

Seeing how Greg only lost 1 football game his whole starting life as a Senior at Alabama, I'd say he can run a few more plays effectively. I like those odds over Sanchez or Tebow anyday. Greg beat Tebow in the SEC championship game in 2009.

No, Mark Ingram beat the Gators, Tim kicked ass in that game, it wasn't enough.. but in 08, the Tide was left in GA while Tebow went to his second BCS title game and won.

Here is the Total QBR for the AFC East:

I smell a 20 million dollar signing bonus for Gmac...

btw, Bama is 4-4 at the SECC game, Florida is .700 with 10 appearances and 7 wins.. Go ahead and put it on GMAC though, he is a good kid... for now.

No, Mark Ingram beat the Gators, Tim kicked ass in that game, it wasn't enough.. but in 08, the Tide was left in GA while Tebow went to his second BCS title game and won.

Here is the Total QBR for the AFC East:

I smell a 20 million dollar signing bonus for Gmac...

Jets will win out if Greg starts the next 4. You heard it here first. 9-7.

Jets will win out if Greg starts the next 4. You heard it here first. 9-7.

Probably.. probably.. or at least likely, the JETS team looked like an entirely different team with a different QB.. it was like they took the old team out when everyone went to the can , and some other team took their place.. I have only seen that maybe once..

Who was the team that beat Greg and Bama pray tell ?

ill take a winning season, even if no playoffs. Go get em Jets.

I'll take 9-7 with one caveat, that the Jets win out with GMac at QB.

As long as the message is that Sanchez sunk the season and should not start again under any circumstance then I am all for squandering draft position.

Is there logically any real chance we can get a wild card? Obviously we need help from other teams to get beaten or beat certain people but hey, winning out looks very realistic with McElroy at the helm against sub par teams remaining. Don't lose hope yet. Jets could rally and atleast gain a little respect by making a run.

I'm not sure. But I do know if it happens, that will be another winning season for the great Rex Ryan.

Pretty impressive, all things considered if he pulls it off.

They have scored under 10 points in 5 games this season. Great coaching? Not likely.

They have the worst QB in the league and probably the worst WR's with Holmes out and probably the worst RB's, yet they still might have a winning season. Great coaching.

They have the worst QB in the league and probably the worst WR's with Holmes out and probably the worst RB's, yet they still might have a winning season. Great coaching.

You mean the coach who refused to bench the worst QB in the league all season and said this was a more talented team than AFC title game teams.

I'll take 9-7 with one caveat, that the Jets win out with GMac at QB.

As long as the message is that Sanchez sunk the season and should not start again under any circumstance then I am all for squandering draft position.

im not so picky. I'll take wins no matter who is the QB. i don't subscribe to this "they need to get way worse before they get better" theory of rebuilding. Wins are good, losses are bad.

I'm not sure. But I do know if it happens, that will be another winning season for the great Rex Ryan.

Pretty impressive, all things considered if he pulls it off.

Credit goes to the weak schedule. Rex Ryan has done very little this year to be given any credit for.

Any other team in the NFL would have destroyed us yesterday. Rex saying someting along the lines today that our QB position ( 3 winning QB's) is favorable to what other teams have is just the latest example of how out of touch he has become.

Archived