Wow The Yankees are going to be BAD this year.

unbanmadmike1

• 2 weeks later...

The staff and pen will be good. Youk was a very good signing. Basically all they have lost is Swischer unless you think ARod had anything left.

Maybe they can pawn off the two over hyped ML pitchers for a power hitting LF. Phelps would also surely draw interest.

Right now they are still a top 5 AL team.

The staff and pen will be good. Youk was a very good signing. Basically all they have lost is Swischer unless you think ARod had anything left.

Maybe they can pawn off the two over hyped ML pitchers for a power hitting LF. Phelps would also surely draw interest.

Right now they are still a top 5 AL team.

True, but they were, on average 3 years older than the next oldest team.

They are relying on a core that is in their late 30s. I think they will get there 15+ HRs from everyone and be good. They might be too big to fail (e.g. fall under .500 like the Sox), but I could see them struggling big time this year if the old players get old.

True, but they were, on average 3 years older than the next oldest team.

They are relying on a core that is in their late 30s. I think they will get there 15+ HRs from everyone and be good. They might be too big to fail (e.g. fall under .500 like the Sox), but I could see them struggling big time this year if the old players get old.

Agree. I just think having a rotation that is 6 deep along with a good pen hides a lot of weaknesses. Youk should be an upgrade over the 2012 ARod. Ichiro seemed to find himself again once out of that wasteland known as Seattle.

They do need as you state for Tex-Grande and Cano to have normal injury free years.

I am anxious to see Toronto this year. I think Balt was a one year wonder and the Sox still need some work. Rays could be very good if the kid they traded Shields for is ready for prime time.

we still got Cano, Ichiro, Grandy and Gardiner in the lineup and Jeter will be back by May (or sooner) and CC is still on the team.

we'll be fine

An outfield of Ichiro, Granderson and Gardner has a lot of speed. It will be very disruptive for pitchers facing the middle of the order with guys on base all the time. Granted the Jays look very good, but we shall see,What would worry me is the Yanks' starters being another year older for CC and Pettitte and the rest being kinda average on a good day.

Archived