Mark needs help...

Jetsouth

“I need to understand where the mistakes came from,” Sanchez said after the game.

So does Rex in my opinion..

“I’m comfortable and confident with all three quarterbacks,” Ryan said. “I think all three guys have, now, proven they can win in this league.”

All he needs is a brain, a new set of nerves, and a good instincts transplant. Then add 8-10 above average players around him on offense and he'll be just fine. But the stupid Jets won't do any of these smart things.

I think a brain would do wonders, more than the others. It's sad and telling that he says he needs to understand where the mistakes came from. They're glaringly obvious on the screen. He can't see them on game film? He panick threw the 1st INT. Missed on a bomb TD to Schill because he was late on his read. Completely over threw the receiver on the 2nd INT and underthrew the receiver on the 3rd INT. All 3 shouldn't have been thrown in the first place.

All he needs is a brain, a new set of nerves, and a good instincts transplant. Then add 8-10 above average players around him on offense and he'll be just fine. But the stupid Jets won't do any of these smart things.

Thats just it in a nutshell. Sanchez was fair-to-middlin with a very good team around him, very good Oline, Braylon, Holmes, Cotchery, Keller, Tomlinson, Greene, a top five defense and lots of time to throw. Put him on the Texans and he might take you to the AFCCG. Of course that can be said of all starting and most backup QB's in the league. Give him a less than stellar surrounding cast and he's Ryan Leaf 2.0

I think a brain would do wonders, more than the others. It's sad and telling that he says he needs to understand where the mistakes came from. They're glaringly obvious on the screen. He can't see them on game film? He panick threw the 1st INT. Missed on a bomb TD to Schill because he was late on his read. Completely over threw the receiver on the 2nd INT and underthrew the receiver on the 3rd INT. All 3 shouldn't have been thrown in the first place.

No he didn't. Peterson just made a ridiculous play. The first two were bad decisions and throws. The third one was neither.

I don't think it's not having a brain. He seems to be getting more and more tentative. Sometimes you need to go more on feel and less on brain. Not that he was so hot before, but he seems to overthink things and it's getting worse, not better.

i agree with this and maybe this benching will be a good step in his "development" - as you say it's not getting better.

I don't think it's not having a brain. He seems to be getting more and more tentative. Sometimes you need to go more on feel and less on brain. Not that he was so hot before, but he seems to overthink things and it's getting worse, not better.

It's the whole premise or the first chapter of a book I'm reading. "How We Decide". Of course they use Brady as an example, but other than that, it's enjoyable so far. Sanchez has no feel and never will.

It's the whole premise or the first chapter of a book I'm reading. "How We Decide". Of course they use Brady as an example, but other than that, it's enjoyable so far. Sanchez has no feel and never will.

He used to seem like he did. He's streaky. It seems like when things go bad he doesn't trust himself. Unlike some of our other QBs (Clemens, what I remember from Browning Nagle, Foley) Sanchez showed some real flashes. If he were at another position I'd think he'd be a decent project. At QB? No thanks.

Because he made a ridiculously awesome play that most corners cannot make?

I think you're both actually right on this one. The last pick was one, that if you looked at it in a vacuum or it came from a top notch QB, you wouldn't think twice about it nor give the QB too much crap for it. It was a great play made by the CB that you would have absolutely never expected him to make. That said, the ridiculous play he made wouldn't have even been possible if Sanchez had properly led Schilens, so he's hardly blameless either, considering Schilens was slowing up and reaching back rather than getting hit in stride. It just becomes even more difficult to give someone the benefit of the doubt in those kinds of situations when they've been playing as awful as Sanchez has.

I'm no physicist, but I do believe that the laws of the universe say that defensive backs can make good plays and quarterbacks can make bad throws at the same time.

Right, but it wasn't a bad throw. Sanchez made like two good throws like all game. This was one of them and the defender just made a ridiculous play. Even one of the ESPN NFL analysts said it was a good throw. It's easy to pile on Sanchez, he's an easy target, just do it on plays where he actually deserves it.

Right, but it wasn't a bad throw. Sanchez made like two good throws like all game. This was one of them and the defender just made a ridiculous play. Even one of the ESPN NFL analysts said it was a good throw. It's easy to pile on Sanchez, he's an easy target, just do it on plays where he actually deserves it.

Oh stop it. Of course it was. You can distinctly see Schillens pull up and even bend to the side because he was poorly led. It wasn't a horrible throw but it also wasn't very good either.

This is where we are with this guy. We're actually discussing his GOOD interceptions.

It's what happens when a QB relies too much on what the playbook makes it look like and what happens in game.. he is way over thinking and complicating it.

He might get it straightened out by Sunday.

No he didn't. Peterson just made a ridiculous play. The first two were bad decisions and throws. The third one was neither.

Look at the replay. Sanchez was late on the throw and underthrew Schill as a result. That's how Peterson was able to intercept it. Schill had to reach back for the ball and Peterson jumped his shoulder to get it. If Sanchez threw the ball when he shouldve it wouldve likely been a TD. Schill had separation but Sanchez blew it by waiting too long.

Look at the replay. Sanchez was late on the throw and underthrew Schill as a result. That's how Peterson was able to intercept it. Schill had to reach back for the ball and Peterson jumped his shoulder to get it. If Sanchez threw the ball when he shouldve it wouldve likely been a TD. Schill had separation but Sanchez blew it by waiting too long.

I've seen the replay and I saw it live on television. The third interception was a result of a ridiculous play by one of the best corners in the game. It wasn't a bad throw. Was it a perfect one? No. You Sanchez haters are ridiculous. Focus on the first two crap throws. Those were awful. Not the one where about 3 corners in all of football could have made that play.

I've seen the replay and I saw it live on television. The third interception was a result of a ridiculous play by one of the best corners in the game. It wasn't a bad throw. Was it a perfect one? No. You Sanchez haters are ridiculous. Focus on the first two crap throws. Those were awful. Not the one where about 3 corners in all of football could have made that play.

Like Rutgers said, it was a good INT, but it was also a bad throw. A mediocre CB wouldve knocked the ball away. Schillens got hit in the shoulder with the ball because it was underthrown because you can clearly see that Sanchez was late on the throw. He waits, waits, steps up, then throws. If he had just thrown it when he shouldve Peterson would never have been able to make the INT.

So that one wasn't on him? But he gets a statistical freebie because what's-his-name on Arizona dropped a perfect pick-6 pass and it's barely brought up. You're harping on far more about defending an underthrown deep pass than criticizing another awful pick-6 pass that was only saved by the opponent's incompetence.

I can't believe there is a single Jets fan left that has the energy to defend Mark Sanchez's embarrassing excuse for QB play. I don't get it. I mean you're a Jets fan and presumably you want to see them win a superbowl. Makes no sense to me.

You're right. The interception was because Peterson made an amazing play. However, it wasn't a good throw, and while most DBs may not make the incredible pick, most would probably have broken up that pass, as it was definitely off target.

Like Rutgers said, it was a good INT, but it was also a bad throw. A mediocre CB wouldve knocked the ball away. Schillens got hit in the shoulder with the ball because it was underthrown because you can clearly see that Sanchez was late on the throw. He waits, waits, steps up, then throws. If he had just thrown it when he shouldve Peterson would never have been able to make the INT.

Beat me to it. Most CBs break up that pass. Great ones make the INT.

I have to read that blurb in the Daily News from Gary (Clueless) Myers about how Mark took Rex and Woody and Tanny to a Mexican Restaurant before the draft and ordered for everyone? How these tunas thought that this displayed leadership qualities to them, So knowing the difference between a chimichanga and a taco means you are going to be a good QB in the pros? Did he order hot or mild salsa? Maybe that would indicate if he has GM potential? This is the kind of brainpower and character evaluation we have at the top? It is like saying some soldier who can shoot straight on a shooting range will automatically be an asset in real battle. Tell me something Mark did in a real game that showed true leadership. I know Mark stinks, but it would be nice to think that all these other guys don't stink as much. Could they just do a little real research?Tell me that they just made an honest mistake and were not as clueless as Myers. Stories like this make me wonder.

So that one wasn't on him? But he gets a statistical freebie because what's-his-name on Arizona dropped a perfect pick-6 pass and it's barely brought up. You're harping on far more about defending an underthrown deep pass than criticizing another awful pick-6 pass that was only saved by the opponent's incompetence.

I can't believe there is a single Jets fan left that has the energy to defend Mark Sanchez's embarrassing excuse for QB play. I don't get it. I mean you're a Jets fan and presumably you want to see them win a superbowl. Makes no sense to me.

I am a Jets fan and I know they can't win one with Sanchez. Not Tebow nor McElroy. That's all very clear. There is plenty to harp on for Sanchez and how bad he has been over the last two seasons. It seems like even when he makes a decent play everyone is quick to dismiss it. As long as he is the QB here I will cheer for him. If he's not the QB I'll cheer for the next man up. Ultimately the failure of the team rests on Rex and Tanny for putting a crap product on the field. We all know Sanchez is bad but he doesn't make the call to keep sending himself out there. He doesn't call the plays.

Oh stop it. Of course it was. You can distinctly see Schillens pull up and even bend to the side because he was poorly led. It wasn't a horrible throw but it also wasn't very good either.

"Mark Sanchez without Tim Tebow looking over his shoulder has now been picked off three times" LOL

I am a Jets fan and I know they can't win one with Sanchez. Not Tebow nor McElroy. That's all very clear. There is plenty to harp on for Sanchez and how bad he has been over the last two seasons. It seems like even when he makes a decent play everyone is quick to dismiss it. As long as he is the QB here I will cheer for him. If he's not the QB I'll cheer for the next man up. Ultimately the failure of the team rests on Rex and Tanny for putting a crap product on the field. We all know Sanchez is bad but he doesn't make the call to keep sending himself out there. He doesn't call the plays.

Perhaps it's just a difference in philosophy. The fans you take issue with have a different one: as soon as it's obvious someone sucks, get him out of there. It's been obvious for some time. What I find confusing is that you haven't been shy about (deservingly) ripping others on the team (players and coaches). But Sanchez always seemed to get some type of immunity.

I certainly don't doubt your team loyalty. No one other than a true Jets fan, one who just wants to believe there's a chance, could possibly defend this bust. But others can't stand him because he is - and has been - standing in the way of the team making a giant leap forward. And while he doesn't choose to be a bad QB, and doesn't make the call to be thrown out there, he still sucks. I can even deal with some players who suck, as every team has them. But I can't deal with it when it's the starting QB and he makes so much money they can't (for cap reasons), or won't (for embarrassment reasons) even try to bring in or draft another true starter.

Perhaps it's just a difference in philosophy. The fans you take issue with have a different one: as soon as it's obvious someone sucks, get him out of there. It's been obvious for some time. What I find confusing is that you haven't been shy about (deservingly) ripping others on the team (players and coaches). But Sanchez always seemed to get some type of immunity.

I certainly don't doubt your team loyalty. No one other than a true Jets fan, one who just wants to believe there's a chance, could possibly defend this bust. But others can't stand him because he is - and has been - standing in the way of the team making a giant leap forward. And while he doesn't choose to be a bad QB, and doesn't make the call to be thrown out there, he still sucks. I can even deal with some players who suck, as every team has them. But I can't deal with it when it's the starting QB and he makes so much money they can't (for cap reasons), or won't (for embarrassment reasons) even try to bring in or draft another true starter.

I'd rip on Sanchez too but it seems like everyone else here does a way better job than me at it, and I'm not one to beat a dead horse. If we all sat around and just ripped Sanchez continually, as fun as it may be, it wouldn't get us anywhere wth all of the other significant drawbacks the Jets have. A QB like Manning or Brees or Rodgers could probably turn this rag tag team into a winner, I'm sure. None of them are available this offseason and I don't see anything remotely close to guys like that in the draft.

And while I agree this team can't take the next step with Sanchez, he isn't the only element of this team holding him back. I hope they try to improve the QB situation because ours is amongst the worse in the league, I just don't see it happening until 2014 at the earliest. Which blows.

Maybe I've just been desensitized by ineptitude by the Jets for so long that Sanchez sucking doesn't bother me as much as everyone else because I don't think this team would succeed (win a Super Bowl) with anyone else at QB either. I didn't want him coming out of college and I certainly didn't want to trade up to get him, but that's what they did so I decided to support him and hoped he would succeed. He has had his moments, but overall it hasn't been what you would expect out of a pick that high. I just don't see the point in piling on with everyone else. That horse is dead and we'll be haunted for at least another season with it's ghost.

Archived