Tim Tebow Calls Student After Hit by Drunk Driver

CrazyCarl40

Say what you will about him, but he's all class. This happened in Upstate New York. Pretty cool.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/03/nfl-tebow-injured-student/1744589/

Tebow calls grieving student after Twitter tells him to

Chris Strauss, USA TODAY SportsShare

10 Comment

sw17-sanchezmark-05-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

Out with a rib injury, Tim Tebow was forced to watch the Jets play the Arizona Cardinals from the sidelines Sunday.

(Photo: Debby Wong, USA TODAY Sports)

After 17-year-old high school student Deanna Rivers and her friend Christopher Stewart were killed by a drunk driver Saturday night, students at their Albany, N.Y. area school started a Twitter campaign to get the New York Jets quarterback to call Rivers' boyfriend, a local football player named Matthew Hardy, with support.

The hashtag #TebowCallMatt began trending on the site - a similar effort was implemented for Stewart's girlfriend Bailey Wind with Olympic swimmer Missy Franklin - and earlier Monday, Tebow took the time to dial the grieving teenager, who along with Wind, was injured in the accident.

Tebow tweeted about it Monday evening.

"Thanks to everyone who got #TebowCallMatt trending & helped connect us. Matt truly inspired me. God bless y'all"

Hardy's brother also confirmed the call via Twitter, but neither he or Tebow disclosed what was said.

Here is some background on the crash:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Police-focus-on-22-year-old-driver-in-fatal-crash-4084872.php

Say what you will about him, but he's all class. This happened in Upstate New York. Pretty cool.

http://www.usatoday....tudent/1744589/

Tebow calls grieving student after Twitter tells him to

Chris Strauss, USA TODAY SportsShare

10 Comment

sw17-sanchezmark-05-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

Out with a rib injury, Tim Tebow was forced to watch the Jets play the Arizona Cardinals from the sidelines Sunday.

(Photo: Debby Wong, USA TODAY Sports)

After 17-year-old high school student Deanna Rivers and her friend Christopher Stewart were killed by a drunk driver Saturday night, students at their Albany, N.Y. area school started a Twitter campaign to get the New York Jets quarterback to call Rivers' boyfriend, a local football player named Matthew Hardy, with support.

The hashtag #TebowCallMatt began trending on the site - a similar effort was implemented for Stewart's girlfriend Bailey Wind with Olympic swimmer Missy Franklin - and earlier Monday, Tebow took the time to dial the grieving teenager, who along with Wind, was injured in the accident.

Tebow tweeted about it Monday evening.

"Thanks to everyone who got #TebowCallMatt trending & helped connect us. Matt truly inspired me. God bless y'all"

Hardy's brother also confirmed the call via Twitter, but neither he or Tebow disclosed what was said.

Here is some background on the crash:

http://www.timesunio...ash-4084872.php

That was very sweet of him. I know it meant a lot to kids in our community.

I think the real question is, for what do we start a Twitter campaign to get Tebow to do next?

I'd really like to see him *lose it* once.. just once... don't know why, just bet it would be important..and good. Just once, Tim Tebow, smack somebody up side da head.

The two kids who passed were from my high school and the support given by Tebow, Joba and Missy Franklin to the survivors has been pretty overwhelming to the kids and their families. Our community has really rallied around this tragedy, especially our ex-football guys.

Say what you will about Tebow, but the kid is an absolute class act.

Spermy hasn't been able to get his member past half-staff for quite some time....maybe Tebow can call him, too?

You a-hole.

se·cret

[see-krit]

adjective

1. done, made, or conducted without the knowledge of others: secret negotiations.

2. kept from the knowledge of any but the initiated or privileged: a secret thing told to G.O.B. about my personal glass ceiling of semi-chub.

The two kids who passed were from my high school and the support given by Tebow, Joba and Missy Franklin to the survivors has been pretty overwhelming to the kids and their families. Our community has really rallied around this tragedy, especially our ex-football guys.

Say what you will about Tebow, but the kid is an absolute class act.

you go to Shen??

Went, graduated a while ago.. Even though I would never move back home permanently, it's an amazing community and school system, which was shown brilliantly in the vigil they had tonight. It was pretty damned moving.

Same here I graduated from shen a while back and moved away. From what I hear from family members still in CP the community has stepped up. Kudos to everyone involved including TIm Tebow

Went, graduated a while ago.. Even though I would never move back home permanently, it's an amazing community and school system, which was shown brilliantly in the vigil they had tonight. It was pretty damned moving.

dude thats like less than a mile from where i live! im in the clifton noles

sad story :(

Same here I graduated from shen a while back and moved away. From what I hear from family members still in CP the community has stepped up. Kudos to everyone involved including TIm Tebow

dude thats like less than a mile from where i live! im in the clifton noles

sad story :(

The vigil was very heartwrenching.

My husband was Shen '78, I'm Shaker '85.

Blackout, my husband grew up on Valencia.

Archived