Schefter - Sanchez playing

aec4

“@AdamSchefter: Though nothing is final, one team source said he's "almost certain" that Jets HC Rex Ryan will name Mark Sanchez his starting quarterback.”

Unbelievable. 4 yrs he's had the lowest comp % and has regressed each year. Time to move on. Or in the jets eyes prob give give him a contract extension.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“@AdamSchefter: Though nothing is final, one team source said he's "almost certain" that Jets HC Rex Ryan will name Mark Sanchez his starting quarterback.”

Unbelievable. 4 yrs he's had the lowest comp % and has regressed each year. Time to move on. Or in the jets eyes prob give give him a contract extension.

Nothings final but Unnamed source says he's almost certain. Nice job breaking that one Schefter.

Nothings final but Unnamed source says he's almost certain. Nice job breaking that one Schefter.

Rex made it official just now, it's all over twitter, news Confrence at 11:45 with media, again it's official not per sources, Rex named Sanchez starter for Sunday, I didn't copy any links from twitter but there is over a dozen of them.

FAN is reporting the same thing via Jets' text message.

Ryan is choosing to be fired the day after the season.

Ryan is a fool.

Tannenbaum is done. Sparano will be gone too. Who ever the GM is next year is either going to dump or mariginalize Sanchez.

McElroy may not be an NFL QB, but Sanchez definitely is not. Playing him another down is a slap in the face to this franchise and it's fans. He does not give this team "the best chance to win". He sucks.

Which would mean that Tannenbaum pulled rank and is going to take everybody down with him. What a sniveling weasel piece of crap.

I really hate to think that's the case, but it sure seems so. To have Sanchez benched 9 months after giving him an awful unneeded extension would highlight Tannebaum's ineptitude.

This whole regime needs to be fired at the end of the season.

How the F can you put Sanchez back in just 5 days after being yanked after maybe the worst performance of his career.

What, is this the beginning of the "Mark Sanchez reclamation project" ?

You couldn't get it right the first time. What makes the Jets think that benching Sanchez for a qtr is going to suddenly open his eyes ?

Please just blow this whole thing up and start over

What else to expect from a HC/GM tandem in denial. What will Rex do when Sanchez sucks ass again? He will look even more stupid then and this will cause him to let Sanchez stay the whole game, resulting in a lost job for Rex.

I say on with the bags my friends!

This whole regime needs to be fired at the end of the season.

How the F can you put Sanchez back in just 5 days after being yanked after maybe the worst performance of his career.

What, is this the beginning of the "Mark Sanchez reclamation project" ?

You couldn't get it right the first time. What makes the Jets think that benching Sanchez for a qtr is going to suddenly open his eyes ?

Please just blow this whole thing up and start over

Barring a 9-7 miracle playoff berth (which will not happen) Rex RYan today signed the death warrant to his Jets' tenure. He again places the ego of a sh*tty QB above the well-bring of the whole team. He cannot be trusted going forward. He is for now the heac coach of the jets, not the valet for mark Sanchez. It's one thing to make the mistake of drafting Sanchez, but we're well past throwing good money after bad. Today's decision compunds those mistakes.

Just as well. the new regime will owe Pick 6 nothing other than a paycheck.

Which would mean that Tannenbaum pulled rank and is going to take everybody down with him. What a sniveling weasel piece of crap.

My thoughts on the decision, and I'm probably going to get killed for this, but, I think Rex is thinking playoffs still, and he knows if they run the ball every single down the next 2 weeks they are pretty much guaranteed 2 wins, and at 7-7, and 2 more winnable games, one being another where they could win if they didn't pass the ball once against Buffalo.

If I'm right, and that's what Rex is really looking towards, the playoffs, he thinks Sanchez gives the team the best chance in the playoffs, Mark had gone head to head against Manning, and Brady in the playoffs, and beat them both, and outplayed them both in those 2 wins, and TBH if by some miracle the Jets do make the playoffs Sanchez is the only QB on the roster who could win a game, or two in the playoffs, he has proven that, and done after playing horrible going into the playoffs, the sad part is I think Rex is wrong in the thinking that Sanchez is the best option to get the team to 9-7 to have that slim shot at getting in, he needs a game manager who WON'T turn the ball over, and WON'T need to make many plays to win these 4 games, but again Sanchez is best QB if the Jets get gift wrapped a playoff spot these last 4 weeks. Mac's the man to get us the 4 wins the next 4 weeks, but Sanchez is the guy who can win the type of football you need to play in the playoffs, I don't see it happening either way thou, even if they got in Mark could get hot as balls, but he still wouldn't have the horses to make plays for him. And I see no chance in hell of him playing good football anyway in the playoffs if they got there, this is just my opinion on why Rex is going with Mark still, he is delusional, and still thinks this team is good enough to A get in the playoffs, and B actually win games if they got there.

Its the right decision for a couple reasons:

1) If you bench him for good, he will shrivel up and we will be eating his salary next year as a clipboard toter.

2) see how well he reacts to his benching, maybe it will open his eyes (but probably not)

Guarantee the rope will be shorter this week, if he sucks Rex won't wait till the 3rd quarter to yank him.

Barring a 9-7 miracle playoff berth (which will not happen) Rex RYn today signed the death warrant to his Jets' tenure. He again palces the ego of a sh*tty QB above the well-bring of the whole team. He cannot eb trusted going forward. He is for now the heac coach of the jets, not the valet for mark Sanchez. It's one thing to make the mistake of drafting Sanchez, but we're well past throwing good money after bad. Today's decision compunds those mistakes.

Just as well. the new regime will owe Pick 6 nothing other than a paycheck.

or Tanny told him to play Mark.

1) If you bench him for good, he will shrivel up and we will be eating his salary next year as a clipboard toter.

2) see how well he reacts to his benching, maybe it will open his eyes (but probably not)

Guarantee the rope will be shorter this week, if he sucks Rex won't wait till the 3rd quarter to yank him.

I disagree.

I think you need to bench him for at least a few games, if not the rest of the season, and see how he comes back next year.

This was nothing, he did not even miss one start, only a quarter and half of a game.

This is idiotic.

It proves that the entire FO, including Rex have no damn clue of what they are doing. None.

Even if this was Tanny's preference, what does it say about Rex if a) he is that easily persuaded, or B) he does not have enough say to pick HIS starting QB, or c) this actually was his call.

Regardless, we need to clean house.

My thoughts on the decision, and I'm probably going to get killed for this, but, I think Rex is thinking playoffs still, and he knows if they run the ball every single down the next 2 weeks they are pretty much guaranteed 2 wins, and at 7-7, and 2 more winnable games, one being another where they could win if they didn't pass the ball once against Buffalo.

If I'm right, and that's what Rex is really looking towards, the playoffs, he thinks Sanchez gives the team the best chance in the playoffs, Mark had gone head to head against Manning, and Brady in the playoffs, and beat them both, and outplayed them both in those 2 wins, and TBH if by some miracle the Jets do make the playoffs Sanchez is the only QB on the roster who could win a game, or two in the playoffs, he has proven that, and done after playing horrible going into the playoffs, the sad part is I think Rex is wrong in the thinking that Sanchez is the best option to get the team to 9-7 to have that slim shot at getting in, he needs a game manager who WON'T turn the ball over, and WON'T need to make many plays to win these 4 games, but again Sanchez is best QB if the Jets get gift wrapped a playoff spot these last 4 weeks. Mac's the man to get us the 4 wins the next 4 weeks, but Sanchez is the guy who can win the type of football you need to play in the playoffs, I don't see it happening either way thou, even if they got in Mark could get hot as balls, but he still wouldn't have the horses to make plays for him. And I see no chance in hell of him playing good football anyway in the playoffs if they got there, this is just my opinion on why Rex is going with Mark still, he is delusional, and still thinks this team is good enough to A get in the playoffs, and B actually win games if they got there.

No defense-first coach wants a QB that turns the ball over. They'd rather play the less dynamic guy that protects field position than play the guy who might be more talented but puts his defense on a short field twice a game. Rex intimated as much when he referenced Billick making the switch from Tony Banks to Trent Dilfer in Baltimore.

2) see how well he reacts to his benching, maybe it will open his eyes (but probably not) He

In 2013 Sanchez will be holding a clipboard and eating salary no matter what.

I think you need to bench him for at least a few games, if not the rest of the season, and see how he comes back next year.

Absolutely correct.

This year is shot. He needs to take a step back and do some soul searching. Nothing good can come from having a couple more bad performances. Mark is going to be the starter next year and this is another in the long line of missteps the Jets have taken with his growth.

Tanny needs to go bye bye.

Absolutely correct.

This year is shot. He needs to take a step back and do some soul searching. Nothing good can come from having a couple more bad performances. Mark is going to be the starter next year and this is another in the long line of missteps the Jets have taken with his growth.

Tanny needs to go bye bye.

I agree, but so does Rex. If Rex is not smart enough to know how to develop a QB, which he has shown over and over again, or if he is not powerful enough to overrule our accountant GM, he needs to go just as fast.

This move makes zero sense to me.

Sit him the rest of the year, let him decide if he wants to be a QB or a celebrity, and compete next year, hopefully with some gained perspective, even though it probably won't matter.

This is so typical clueless Jets.

Archived