Schefter - Sanchez playing

aec4

I bet you'll see a better Sanchez against Jacksonville, with something to prove. Thinking they smoke the Jags like they did the Bills/Colts.

Not saying we've seen the last of McElroy, but until they lose or completely eliminated from the playoffs, Sanchez is the guy.

Dude, come on. Sanchez will have a decidedly mediocre performance like he did against Indy and St. Louis. It'll tell us nothing about Sanchez we didn't already know. We're well aware he can play well enough to beat bad teams because the circumstances around him are perfect.

What we NEED to be finding out is if McElroy is the goods, so we know for sure whether we have a QB on this roster worth keeping in 2013 and beyond.

You've become the biggest Sanchez homer on this board, and that's saying something.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole regime needs to be fired at the end of the season.

How the F can you put Sanchez back in just 5 days after being yanked after maybe the worst performance of his career.

What, is this the beginning of the "Mark Sanchez reclamation project" ?

You couldn't get it right the first time. What makes the Jets think that benching Sanchez for a qtr is going to suddenly open his eyes ?

Please just blow this whole thing up and start over

I think Rex might say that Sanchez had an INT-free second half, so that was encouraging

Jets Jaguars. I mean honestly who cares.

So we're not going to hold a guy accountable for his poor play because of: 1) financial reasons, and 2) it's an away game no one around the league cares about?

I don't know who the biggest pussy in the organization is right now, but everyone needs to go at this point. Maybe Tannenbaum and company are just flipping the middle finger at the next regime by saying "we're staying the course, next group in can figure this mess out. GFY."

Tannenbaum is done. Sparano will be gone too. Who ever the GM is next year is either going to dump or mariginalize Sanchez.

I am not going to argue about whether Rex or Tannenbaum should be back, but the idea that Sparano could possibly return without them is horrifying.

Oh come on BG. That's extreme.

I'm sure there's some administrative assistant doing a fine job.

Team Captain?

That should be one great big dumbass press conference at 11:45---which I wil not watch, of course. I can just imagine Rex reciting with a straight face and his hands folded on the podium in front of him-that Sanchez gives him the "best chance to win." And when asked why he feels that way? "Because I do." Just too dumbass for me. I am now officially in Fire Rex mode. If he did not want this, then he should have said that he would walk if he could not start who he wanted. I can only assume that this is his decision. If he has not got enough pull to throw out an ultimatum, he is not long for the job anyway.

Sounds like a Mangini presser.

They are playing the more proven QB while they still are in the playoff hunt, albeit a long shot. While I could care less which way they go, this isn't just about money. They are giving themselves a chance to win.

Oh GFY. All that Sanchez has "proven" is he's the worst QB in the league.

We're not in the f***ing playoff hunt. We're 5-7 and need to win out. The Colts need to lose 3 of 4. Or the Steelers need to lose 3-4 and the Bengals to go 2-2. In short, not f***ing happening, because all 3 of those teams have REAL QB's (Steelers are getting Ben back, probably this week).

We're in rebuild mode and need to find out what we have in McElroy. Even 4 games isn't enough of a sample to determine it, yet the Jets aren't going to give him even THAT!

What a joke.

Fact is, the Jets are telling their fans to shut up and just keep buying the beer. If money is the reason Sanchez is playing, then money must be the reason that Sanchez is sent to the bench. The bad part of this is those seat licenses. Now teams can tell their fans to STFU and not worry about a large decline in ticket sales. People cannot even call up in outrage and cancel their season tickets.

Oh GFY. All that Sanchez has "proven" is he's the worst QB in the league.

We're not in the f***ing playoff hunt. We're 5-7 and need to win out. The Colts need to lose 3 of 4. Or the Steelers need to lose 3-4 and the Bengals to go 2-2.

We're in rebuild mode and need to find out what we have in McElroy. Even 4 games isn't enough of a sample to determine it, yet the Jets aren't going to give him even THAT!

What a joke.

I'm not saying it's right, but that will be the line of thinking and position that Rex and Tanny will take. And GFY too. Haha

overrated players and over the hill vets love him for obvious reasons.

they are atleast serviceable. I dont care if its your "best" if hes not getting the job done you bench him. If i was on the jets i would not be happy right now. Especially for fringe players who think how hard they work and get sent all over where this guy can be the worst in the league and still retain his starting job

Fact is, the Jets are telling their fans to shut up and just keep buying the beer. If money is the reason Sanchez is playing, then money must be the reason that Sanchez is sent to the bench. The bad part of this is those seat licenses. Now teams can tell their fans to STFU and not worry about a large decline in ticket sales. People cannot even call up in outrage and cancel their season tickets.

Beer ? the Jets should be selling Shots and Quaaludes at the consession stands.

Beer ? the Jets should be selling Shots and Quaaludes at the consession stands.

Smash, just want you to know I had you on my ignore list for a while. I'm removing you now. Hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me in this Holiday season. Nothing unites Jets fans like losing. I now love everyone. Except for T0mShane. F*** that guy.

:cheer:

i can only hope that no one from jax shows up and jets fans dont travel there so they play in an empty stadium then when they come back home we boo the sh*t outta em

Will the Jaguars be hosting the state of Florida's 2nd annual "Tebow Day" like Miami did last season? If so, let's let Tebow wear a Jaguars uniform and stand on their sideline. Give their fans a thrill.

Its amazing how we nail things on this board years before they come to fruition. We all saw this disaster coming. We all knew Herm was a fraud that managed to take 5 years from us. Sanchez, Pennington, the Favre move.

Favre move I was OK with. Got us rid of Pennington (followed by Mangini), and thru 11 games we were the top dogs in the AFC. Imagine where we'd be if: 1) he didn't tear his bicep, OR 2) he stuck around for 2009? CHAMPIONS, that's where.

I have to believe if this game was at home Mark would not start- The fans would riot

Or so we'd hope, Frank. Clearly Rex is playing for the win out/play-offs chance - he has to. But the leash better be very short with a choke collar.

Archived