Schefter - Sanchez playing

aec4

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex had an out. A golden opportunity to divorce himself of Sanchez and actually save his own job. Now he's toast.

Incredible.

Everyone needs to go. 8 different people making personnel decisions, no ones held accountable, the roster is a mess, no QB, no pass rush. Start from scratch.

What makes you think Rex is getting fired?

cause he's not.

Sanchez continues to suck and you bet Rex is gone. Rex had an opportunity to not only divorce himself from Sanchez, but Tanny as well, who we all know is getting fired. Rex's can survive a new GM.

A beat writer better ask Rex one simple question:

"Where is the accountability you promised when you became head coach?"

"Boy, I tellya back to back gives us the best chance I know I know my guys and I'm gonna stand behind championship games best in the league my guys are boy I tellya I know this team my decision."

I'm sure this has been said, but this is not even a small surprise...

Had they started McElroy, they were admitting that the extension and maybe even the draft pick was a mistake. They were also going to have to eat the 8 million next year. Sanchez doesn't have a long rope... At present, he has no rope. They gave him a mind-numbingly stupid extension and with it, a complete free pass and lack of accountability...

They were not going to bench him. Not now. The wait was simply an "appeasement" of the fans, and an attempt to make this decision look like it was one they deliberated over. It was never going to happen.

Especially with an away game against an awful team looming.

The worst case scenario for the long term future of the Jets is the best case scenario for the current regime. It's also likely to happen. The Jets are going to go out and win this game, probably convincingly. And, the Jets are going to be stuck in neutral for longer.

Reality is, McElroy coming in and us winning that game was probably a bad thing.

What makes you think Rex is getting fired?

cause he's not.

You gotta think anyone who tied their rope to Sanchez will be gone. Unfortunately that includes Rex.

I doubt Woody makes that decision though. Tannenbaum has to be gone, assuming we end up with a losing record. The new GM SHOULD be given the right to make the decision on the HC.

You gotta think anyone who tied their rope to Sanchez will be gone. Unfortunately that includes Rex.

I doubt Woody makes that decision though. Tannenbaum has to be gone, assuming we end up with a losing record. The new GM SHOULD be given the right to make the decision on the HC.

Woody loves Rex and the Jets are not nearly the disaster you think they are.

I also don't buy that a GM candidate would turn them down because they have to give Rex a make or break year.

and this team is not going to have a losing record.

Rex the Coward Part Deux: Doesn't have to answer to the fans because it's an away game, so he's sticking him back out there.

I agree with this, but it doesn't help Rex that much now with social media. He avoids the ugly scene at the stadium, but it doesn't stop the negative publicity and outcry in social media which the team has proved in the past to be sensative to.

I agree with this, but it doesn't help Rex that much now with social media. He avoids the ugly scene at the stadium, but it doesn't stop the negative publicity and outcry in social media which the team has proved in the past to be sensative to.

The funny part is that a road game might not even save him in this instance. I'm putting the odds at some psycho North Floridian throwing a cross-shaped javelin at his head at 2/1.

The question is, does McElroy put them into drive?

Yes and no.

I don't think anyone thinks that McElroy is the long term solution.

It's a lot easier to go after a long term solution at QB when you have McElroy holding the fort than when you continue to run with Sanchez.

The difference is between saying "this is our guy" (Sanchez) and "this is our guy for now" (McElroy).

Woody loves Rex and the Jets are not nearly the disaster you think they are.

I've been very clear I think Sanchez is pretty much the only guy on the roster that's a total disaster, and that for all his bluster, Rex is still a good young HC that could become great. He's gone as far as the Harbaughs with a weaker QB and less talent overall yet is considered a joke compared to them.

Our problems would be diminished greatly if we had a real QB on the roster. Tannenbaum is to blame for this primarily, but Rex doesn't need to be hanging himself by sticking with him. If Rex goes, it'll be because of Sanchez, plain and simple.

and this team is not going to have a losing record.

It'll certainly be hard to with the Jaguars, Titans and Bills remaining on the schedule. But it still could happen. Another performance like Sanchez had against Arizona and it's possible, especially if he doesn't get removed.

I've been very clear I think Sanchez is pretty much the only guy on the roster that's a total disaster, and that for all his bluster, Rex is still a good young HC that could become great. He's gone as far as the Harbaughs with a weaker QB and less talent overall yet is considered a joke compared to them.

Our problems would be diminished greatly if we had a real QB on the roster. Tannenbaum is to blame for this primarily, but Rex doesn't need to be hanging himself by sticking with him. If Rex goes, it'll be because of Sanchez, plain and simple.

The skill position players and starting QB are a disaster. Thats a pretty big disaster.

The skill position players and starting QB are a disaster. Thats a pretty big disaster.

The skill position players would look a lot better with a real QB. I for one have been impressed with Bilal Powell. I also think Chaz Schillens would do well with a QB who knows how to utilize his speed and lead a receiver properly. Kerley and Keller are fine too. Add back a healthy Holmes and there is no reason to think that is the worst corps of skill players in the league, not by a longshot.

The Jaguars, Browns, Raiders, Rams, Dolphins, Colts, Broncos, Redskins and Panthers would all probably do better with our skill players over theirs.

The skill position players would look a lot better with a real QB. I for one have been impressed with Bilal Powell. I also think Chaz Schillens would do well with a QB who knows how to utilize his speed and lead a receiver properly. Kerley and Keller are fine too. Add back a healthy Holmes and there is no reason to think that is the worst corps of skill players in the league, not by a longshot.

The only one of those players who would start on a good team is Kerley as a Z WR. Powell just looks good in comparison to Greene who is miserable.

How about a coaching staff that could properly utilize players on offense, and actually have an offensive clue?

Schillens doesnt have a lot of speed in pads

The only one of those players who would start on a good team is Kerley as a Z WR. Powell just looks good in comparison to Greene who is miserable.

Yep.

Funny thing is a lot of us saw this coming. We knew the offense was going to be a disaster. It's just insane that we cant find a decent RB.

Somehow, there's a severe shortage of good pass-catching TE's league-wide. I think Keller could compete for a starting job for all but about 5 teams.

We've blamed Paul Hackett, Mike Heimerdinger, Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sparano for the ineptitude of our QB's. I think our anger is misdirected.

You actually see creativity in play calling with this group?

You actually think Rex cares about the offense?-Because everything we witness seems to point to "no"

Archived