Schefter - Sanchez playing

aec4

Somehow, there's a severe shortage of good pass-catching TE's league-wide. I think Keller could compete for a starting job for all but about 5 teams.

This isn't true. There are a TON of good receiving TE's. Football Outsiders has him as around the 30th best TE in the NFL as per their metrics. He's pretty terrible.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You actually see creativity in play calling with this group?

You actually think Rex cares about the offense?-Because everything we witness seems to point to "no"

1. Not necesarilly, but my point is that we shouldn't be blaming 4 different OC's. Poor QB play is what dooms teams these days.

2. Rex doesn't know about offense, you're correct. But he's not the only HC in the league that is like that. It's not out of the ordinary for a HC to focus primarily on one side of the ball and hand the reigns on the other side to a veteran coordinator.

The skill position players would look a lot better with a real QB.

That's because a good QB can make sh*t look like a hot fudge sundae. The 1980s Denver Broncos team never fired the GM although he did a godawful job surrounding John Elway with talent because Elway covered up all their deficiencies until they reached the SB and got smoked by a more talented team with lesser QBs.

1. Not necesarilly, but my point is that we shouldn't be blaming 4 different OC's. Poor QB play is what dooms teams these days.

2. Rex doesn't know about offense, you're correct. But he's not the only HC in the league that is like that. It's not out of the ordinary for a HC to focus primarily on one side of the ball and hand the reigns on the other side to a veteran coordinator.

And Tony Sparano was that man. And see what we got? That is on Rex

Biggest issue is that Sanchez is terrible and is not being held accountable. McElroy may not be terrible but we'll never know.

Never know.. hell, that might have been McKelroy's *Matt Flynn* moment.. He'll probably lead the cards to a championship next year..LOL.

Exactly. We're expecting the OC to make Chicken Salad out of a Chicken sh*t QB and skill group. Thats just foolishness.

the schedule.

Why? None of those teams are playing any worse than the Jets are. The Jags have been one of the hottest offenses in the NFL and they have a better QB and WR group than we do. Same for every other team we'll play and the Jets are getting the worst QB play in the NFL. There is no automatic win for this team.

Biggest issue is that Sanchez is terrible and is not being held accountable. McElroy may not be terrible but we'll never know.

The biggest problem is exactly what Braylon said, the idiots calling the shots. Sanchez isn't a starter for any other team in this league, and the other 31 teams in the league know it. Yet, we are the ones who overpaid him so refuse to believe it.

The entire team is tired of Sanchez. They play but once Sanchez starts ass fumbling they just are done with it. They want a change and don't trust Sanchez anymore.

I don't trust him. He dropped back to pass to start the game and I said "Uh oh, he's going to try to throw." When he threw the pick the girls next to me were looking at me like I had four heads for predicting a suitably stupid play on his part. They don't get to see many Jets games in Trusty's I guess.

Why? None of those teams are playing any worse than the Jets are. The Jags have been one of the hottest offenses in the NFL and they have a better QB and WR group than we do. Same for every other team we'll play and the Jets are getting the worst QB play in the NFL. There is no automatic win for this team.

I don't buy into the hyperbole.

The Jags are an abomination - Rex' D will obliterate them.

San Diego sucks. Phillip Rivers sucks. Bills, Tennesse, Fitzpuketrick, Hassleback all suck. It's a sh-tfest.

And Tony Sparano was that man. And see what we got? That is on Rex

Sparano has had success offensively in this league. He was OC for the Cowboys in '06 and they were top 10 offensively. He did pretty well with the likes of Chad Henne and Matt Moore.

Sanchez is simply, woefully bad. Maybe Schottenheimer and Sparano really do suck. But ultimately it doesn't matter. There's not a single OC Sanchez WOULD do well with. He has poor instincts, is inaccurate, and runs into his guards' ass. He sucks. Not sure anything else needs to be said on that subject.

The biggest problem is exactly what Braylon said, the idiots calling the shots. Sanchez isn't a starter for any other team in this league, and the other 31 teams in the league know it. Yet, we are the ones who overpaid him so refuse to believe it.

Braylon said Sanchez has legit. How do you agree with Braylon, then make the point that 31 other teams know Sanchez isn't a starter.

It's a contradiction.

San Diego sucks. Phillip Rivers sucks. Bills, Tennesse, Fitzpuketrick, Hassleback all suck. It's a sh-tfest.

But what will this prove in your mind? That the season was acceptable because we beat bad teams and lost to every good team?

That being said, we're not winning out with Sanchez. I'm fairly certain of this.

Henne has owned Rex's vaunted D with less weapons in the past.

The Jags scored 37 and 24 points in Henne's first 2 games and 18 in terrible weather in Buffalo. Do you think the Jets can score 18 points? Let alone 24? I have news for you: The jets suck, are an abomination and have a worse QB than ANY of those teams.

Braylon said Sanchez has legit. How do you agree with Braylon, then make the point that 31 other teams know Sanchez isn't a starter.

It's a contradiction.

I was talking about the second half of his statement, about the decision makers being garbage (in general, not specific to Sanchez).

I don't trust him. He dropped back to pass to start the game and I said "Uh oh, he's going to try to throw." When he threw the pick the girls next to me were looking at me like I had four heads for predicting a suitably stupid play on his part. They don't get to see many Jets games in Trusty's I guess.

lol. Yeah. People wonder how I am a Jets fan when I get so mad. I let them know, all of us are like this.

And I loved his lob pass directly to Arizona's defense.

lol. Yeah. People wonder how I am a Jets fan when I get so mad. I let them know, all of us are like this.

And I loved his lob pass directly to Arizona's defense.

I wasn't mad at all. Resigned is more like it. I was mad at the Seattle game. I felt we could win that game and we did nothing. It wasn't like this game where we stomped that team and barely won or getting crushed by Pittsburgh or San Francisco

BTW just so you guys know, Chad Henne, who signed with the Jags in the off-season as a BACKUP who can come in and actually play if your starter sucks and who has an 87 QBR and 8 TD's in 3 games is making less money than the Jets' personal punt protector before the mention the 3rd round pick they pissed away. What ****ing morons the people making decisions for this franchise are.

BTW just so you guys know, Chad Henne, who signed with the Jags in the off-season as a BACKUP who can come in and actually play if your starter sucks and who has an 87 QBR and 8 TD's in 3 games is making less money than the Jets' personal punt protector before the mention the 3rd round pick they pissed away. What ****ing morons the people making decisions for this franchise are.

What thrid round pick? I think it was a fourth and a sixth for Tebow and a seventh.

Please end the season now. I'm sick of it.

Can't wait to hit the baseball forum with MadMike?

Archived