SNY guys on Francesa

Scott Dierking

Hey, I abhor Francesa as much as anybody, but there are some interesting tidbits from yesterday's podcast:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/mike-francesa-1/#

-It is a bit of a chucklefest, which detracts from some nuggets in there

-Sanchez was a "Rex pick", some others in the organization wanted Freemen

-Francesa alludes that every pick is made in agreement with Rex and he talks about how picks have been worse than what Tannenbaum had with Mangini

-Francesa alludes that Rex is looking to "bring in a talent guy from Baltimore". He does not elaborate

Hey, I abhor Francesa as much as anybody, but there are some interesting tidbits from yesterday's podcast:

http://newyork.cbslo...ke-francesa-1/#

-Francesa alludes that every pick is made in agreement with Rex and he talks about how picks have been worse than what Tannenbaum had with Mangini

-Francesa alludes that Rex is looking to "bring in a talent guy from Baltimore". He does not elaborate

1. To b expected

2. Bad news.

3. Fair enough though I wonder where Francesa gets the info.

4. Sounds like a good idea.

1. To b expected

2. Bad news.

3. Fair enough though I wonder where Francesa gets the info.

4. Sounds like a good idea.

Yeah, you have to wonder, although Francesa skewered him a couple of weeks ago, how much Francesa looks to shield Tannenebaum based on previous relationships, and has it in for Ryan.

If the story Lucas(I think it was Lucas, it got a little jumbled with them talking all over each other) told about Santonio basically telling Sanchez to go F himself when he wanted to practice more routes, I have no idea how they keep Holmes and Sanchez on the same team. It can't work.

http://newyork.cbslo...ke-francesa-1/#

I listened to the whole segment, it was great.

Especially the part about the Jets basically drafting 2 starters in the Rex era (Sanchez, Wilkerson).

I listened to the whole segment, it was great.

Especially the part about the Jets basically drafting 2 starters in the Rex era (Sanchez, Wilkerson).

Um... the entire 2009 class starts. 2010 was pretty bad, but Hill and/or Kerley have to be considered starters. There are a bunch of other guys that have a good chance to be legit starters as well, starting with Demario Davis and Kenrick Ellis. Not a great bunch, but certainly more than 2. Especially if you are counting Sanchez.

Yeah, you have to wonder, although Francesa skewered him a couple of weeks ago, how much Francesa looks to shield Tannenebaum based on previous relationships, and has it in for Ryan.

At this point, I think he has it more in for Tanny.

He has said he thought Rex was coming back, and he has not had much of a relationship with Tanny, since he morphed from Mangi's accountant to Rex's.

After today though, he sees them as a pair, so hopefully he helps get them both gone!

Archived